bleedn21's Anovos ANH stunt Build Thread

bleedn21

6 hours ago, lucnak said:

I don't recall every seeing anyone extend the tabs of the back plate before. Can we see a photo of this on your body? Is it possible that your kidney and butt plate are sitting too low? That's a pretty large gap right now.

Hi Luc,

Thanks for getting back to me.  I jumped into my onesie and took some photos of the test-fit.

v9eUZ47.jpg

You can see the back plate riding high up here, compared to the kidney plate.  The butt plate is at a decent location, and the top of the kidney plate lines up well with the ab plate.

wvVTqLR.jpg

Orientation of the ab plate. If I hike this up anymore I'd feel...  vulnerable. 

BbGU5GF.jpg

In looking at this picture it looks like the inside edge of the neck hollow is sitting on my trapezius'.  I think I can get a little of the gap out by trimming off some return edge and forming the tabs that extend to the chest plate to a better contour.

I don't know if it'll get all of the gap out, but it will lessen most of it.

Let me know what you think!

Thanks again!

Yeah, the back plate definitely looks quite high.Can't see the top of the back plate in the side photo and the back photo is taken from a bit of a lower angle, but I'm guessing that the tabs of the back plate are kind of just poking into you. Bending these up should help. Keep in mind that the shoulde bridges need to reach the back plate so you may not be able to close this gap completely. Normally, if people are taller than 6', I recommend going with a vendor that makes larger kits (i.e. AM or RT-Mod).

Yeah, the back plate definitely looks quite high.Can't see the top of the back plate in the side photo and the back photo is taken from a bit of a lower angle, but I'm guessing that the tabs of the back plate are kind of just poking into you. Bending these up should help. Keep in mind that the shoulde bridges need to reach the back plate so you may not be able to close this gap completely. Normally, if people are taller than 6', I recommend going with a vendor that makes larger kits (i.e. AM or RT-Mod).

Well... darn. I think I might give shimming the too of the kidney and the ab plate a go after I lower the back plate as much as possible. I can make this work, I think. It’s more than I thought I’d have to take on, but I’m up for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lower the back plate as far as you can and then decide. You may just have to live with some gap (which isn't the end of the world).

Not sure if an AM back plate or kidney might be bigger and fill that gap. Probably easier than shimming. Whites won't be a perfect match, but you could paint.

Hi there

Your kidney plate is angling down into the small of your back (where the kidney and posterior plates meet). I reckon if you align the kidney and ab plates correctly, you may gain a couple of centimetres at top of the kidney.

Also, have a look at the CRL full figure rear photo. The top of the big box on the back plate (sorry, dunno what that’s called) seems to align at a mid point between shoulder and arm pit, whereas you seem to be trying to align it with your neckline (ie on top of shoulders).

FWIW I’m going through a similar issue - I’m not tall, but long in the torso

Sent from my DH77 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hi all,

Well, I put the hot water on and did some removal of some return edges and I think I have some pretty good results.

LU8bFoz.jpg

I was able to narrow the gap down to around 1/2" between the back and kidney plates.

4FrVj33.jpg

In this picture the shoulder tabs are pretty much sticking straight up.  I'll reshape them into a form-fitting curve, my only concern is the neck hollow between the shoulder tabs.  I'm thinking this might need some shimming?

VGR1O5s.jpg

Not the best picture to show the position of the backplate in relation to the chest plate.  My helper/photographer was short!  I think i'm going to install the strapping and get some better pics with more of the suit together.  I think I'm on the right path.

Let me know what you all think.

Many thanks!!!

• Like 1

Definitely try with strapping added as this will change the positioning. You can also see on the side your kidney plate is angling backwards so once you attached elastic between that and the ab section it should come up a little more