Question about velcro-ing the lower legs

21 minutes ago, rzill said:

What would you think about this?  A guy is selling his unopened Anovos kit around here for $600, the ANH version.  I am wondering if I'd be able to buy it so that I could use the pre-made bucket, and then put my un-made bucket kit in it for a re-sale.  Would save me all kinds of time and frustration of building the helmet, and really motivate me to finish the remainder.  Would people buy the whole thing with the un-made helmet kit?

You could ask if he would be willing to split it and sell the helmet seperately, I can’t be sure but don’t think you will have a problem selling the kit and on that note do you have price in mind for the helmet kit?

7 hours ago, TheSwede said:

You could ask if he would be willing to split it and sell the helmet seperately, I can’t be sure but don’t think you will have a problem selling the kit and on that note do you have price in mind for the helmet kit?

He will not sell just the helmet.  If I do acquire the whole set, I would try selling it all together with my un-assembled helmet kit first.  Chances are the plastic whites won't match, anyway.

I know the helmet can be daunting. I'm available to help even if you want me to build it for you. Let me know, I'm around the corner .....sort of.

Just want you to get this kit done and get out there trooping.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, rzill said:

What would you think about this?  A guy is selling his unopened Anovos kit around here for $600, the ANH version.  I am wondering if I'd be able to buy it so that I could use the pre-made bucket, and then put my un-made bucket kit in it for a re-sale.  Would save me all kinds of time and frustration of building the helmet, and really motivate me to finish the remainder.  Would people buy the whole thing with the un-made helmet kit?

It really comes down to price with people. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't, as I see it all the time where people "Kit bash" lol. Have helmets from one maker and the armor of another. You should have no problem selling it like that. Put it out to as many people as possible and you should do fine

21 hours ago, fragarock said:

I know the helmet can be daunting. I'm available to help even if you want me to build it for you. Let me know, I'm around the corner .....sort of.

Just want you to get this kit done and get out there trooping.

Frank, you are awesome, man!  I've hit another snag - issues with the shins.  Mine are kind of oval shaped, and even hot water bathing the crap out of them, I don't think they look good.  I'm not looking forward to doing it again for two reasons - one, it's been so dang hot without leaning over hot water!  And two, it will probably make me have to re-glue the cover strips yet again and again.  I am thinking of buying this guy's armor though, and maybe just trying to re-sell it with switching out the helmet if the whites match up.  Anyway, does this look like as much crap as I think it does?  The velcro just isn't holding the cover strip down flush.  https://imgur.com/a/7pznpaU

On 9/4/2018 at 8:46 PM, Commander Gree said:

It really comes down to price with people. I don't see a reason why they wouldn't, as I see it all the time where people "Kit bash" lol. Have helmets from one maker and the armor of another. You should have no problem selling it like that. Put it out to as many people as possible and you should do fine

Thanks!  I told the guy I'd try to help him sell it, but it seems the selling guidelines on here kind of suggest I should only sell stuff that is my own.  To have access to it, send the best photos, I'd probably have to buy it.  It would be worth it if the helmet white matches my armor.  Would save me a heckle and jekyll a lot of time and stress.  Anyway, my next concern is my shins.  I hot water bathed the crap out of them because they are oval shaped, and the cover strip is not lying down flush with velcro - and I bought industrial strength velcro.  Does this look terrible?  Whenever I see pics of troopers, I rarely get a look at their shin enclosure.  --------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

On 9/5/2018 at 7:14 AM, rzill said:
Frank, you are awesome, man!  I've hit another snag - issues with the shins.  Mine are kind of oval shaped, and even hot water bathing the crap out of them, I don't think they look good.  I'm not looking forward to doing it again for two reasons - one, it's been so dang hot without leaning over hot water!  And two, it will probably make me have to re-glue the cover strips yet again and again.  I am thinking of buying this guy's armor though, and maybe just trying to re-sell it with switching out the helmet if the whites match up.  Anyway, does this look like as much crap as I think it does?  The velcro just isn't holding the cover strip down flush.

I think we can fix that. Let me know when you're around and I'll come over. Maybe this weekend.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:48 PM, fragarock said:

I think we can fix that. Let me know when you're around and I'll come over. Maybe this weekend.

Hey Frank - with the cooler weather today, I did yet another hot water bath with my armor.  I swear, ATA must think people have oval shaped legs!  Anyway, I think I got it to look a little better, but I am ditching the velcro.  I know bra hooks are a pain to put on and take off, but the velcro is just not lying down very well.

7 hours ago, rzill said:

Did you use the UKSWRATH method?  I only have 2" wide straps right now, and he uses 1" wide.

I followed TM (troopermaster) instructions to copy the movie suit, you can find it on his FB page. The elastic is to be 1inch. I haven't seen what method Tony uses but i would guess he also does the screen accurate way:salute: