Taller trooper question....

I attached my Chest plate and back plate with elastic straps last night. My wife noticed that there would be a fairly large gap between the kidney plate and back plate. Will I have to shim that gap. I could close it a bit by make the straps a little longer but the undersuit would still be visible. The attached image is what it looked like before I was thinking to lengthen the straps. Thanks in advance for the input.

58B2F1F6-7696-40AD-841A-32C122EA4001.jpeg

I do not have a pic from another angle unfortunately. My wife took a picture of what it looked like if I were to have the plate lower on my back, but I cannot load it to the topic. 

Tapatalk is an easy way to upload to here.

Ideally, more pics will help us to get an idea of how the butt and kidney are sitting relative to the back plate. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tapatalk is an easy way to upload to here.

Ideally, more pics will help us to get an idea of how the butt and kidney are sitting relative to the back plate. :-)

Just downloaded the app. Here’s a pic of the back plate, but the kidney plate is not in the picture. You can see where the back plate is on my back though.65935c8a1183bcf5ee1df9d9c17f64c2.jpg

That what it would look like if I were to lower it.

3474d7f5d42be4e232e2dde27dce0728.jpg

We worked on it last night for four hours. I was able to acquire a sheet of ABS from a local armor builder, and we were thinking of ways to close the gap. We decided to split a 2 inch gap evenly between the three back pieces.

But we found a new obstacle. My kidney plate will not match up with the abdomen plate. We were going to shim the sides, but now they do not line up correctly.

28351fb68ec543e9462f949530170fdc.jpgfa8a50743e2ca40bd6ab8b98b4e22fa2.jpg

Hey Mark

Looks like you have Anovos right? That armor will be a challenge for a bigger person but it can be done:)

SO..let`s see, keeping the gaps to a minimum is key but you have to work with what you got and by looking at the pics I think you can lower the back plate even more to reduce the gaps and by doing so you will also have to straighten the tabs of the back plate by removing more on the return edge, otherwise it will tear/crack when you try to bend it and you do this on the inside as well.

6vnrsOw.jpg

25 minutes ago, TK3443 said:

but now they do not line up correctly.

28351fb68ec543e9462f949530170fdc.jpgfa8a50743e2ca40bd6ab8b98b4e22fa2.jpg

Try pushing lower on the cod and raising the ab/cod as high as possible and that should make it straighter and when you lower the back plate the kidney will line up more and you should have a nice even space to measure out the shims:salute:

Hiya.

Do you have your undersuit yet? That’ll really help you to see where you can adjust the armour. Especially when it comes to getting the cod to....well....you know...fit around your ... ;-)

I just ordered one off of Amazon. It will arrive today sometime.

Super. That’ll help you get a feel for it.

Have you checked out some of the previous Anovos builds for taller troopers? You might find some great tips and tricks based on what others have done.

Super. That’ll help you get a feel for it.

Have you checked out some of the previous Anovos builds for taller troopers? You might find some great tips and tricks based on what others have done.

I have not. I’ve been using Ukwraths build as my references. Any suggestions for good ones?

• Like 1

I’d probably check out the “advanced tactics” section for EIB and Centurion applications. Each thread title shows the maker so you’ll be able to find the Anovos ones with ease.
Then, the beginning of each thread shows the applicant’s height and weight etc. You should be able to find people of similar build and then see how the armour looks and how they achieved it. :-)

I’d probably check out the “advanced tactics” section for EIB and Centurion applications. Each thread title shows the maker so you’ll be able to find the Anovos ones with ease.
Then, the beginning of each thread shows the applicant’s height and weight etc. You should be able to find people of similar build and then see how the armour looks and how they achieved it. :-)

Thank you for the tip. I will look into it.

• Like 1

c13dea3d5b11d7c4f3c7e00c98b925fd.jpg78d95de7efdaa9bc679711b3054f2417.jpg85268f7f467d90f2e6dc061e193149f2.jpg

Well, I suited up with my new under suit pieces. I have got a lot of work to do. I’m going to make straps that will hold my thighs up with a belt, my shoulder bells were not attached to straps so they are loose, my arms need some tweaking. And the abdomen and chest plate have the gap. I have been searching through the EIB applications, and found one guy that was close to my build, but he submitted for a Rogue One TK with RT-Mod Armor. I’ll do more homework.

Hi Mark.

Great. Here’s a couple of Anovos kits at 6ft plus. These both cleared EIB*.

6ft
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44173-tk-61490-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-status-anovos-807/

6ft 1”
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/43636-tk41210-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-anovos-786/

Here’s one from another maker.

6ft 2” (TrooperMaster armour)
https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44520-tk-30977-requesting-anh-stunt-eib-statustm-822/

*these guys might have also cleared Centurion, but I haven’t checked. I only looked in the EIB threads. :-)

Thanks for the links. My weight may be an issue as well. I’m 238. I’m looking to drop some lbs in the coming weeks to help me close some of those gaps.

14 minutes ago, TK3443 said:

Thanks for the links. My weight may be an issue as well. I’m 238. I’m looking to drop some lbs in the coming weeks to help me close some of those gaps.

No worries, Mark. :duim:

Hehe - nothing like a set of armour to give us body shape targets. I'm heading towards a C-3PO build where you get bolted in!! Certainly a good incentive to watch what I eat!! :laugh1:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A little late but I’m 6’3 and 200 lbs and have the Anovos armor and am only rubber gloves and laziness away from centurion.

What you need to do for the back is to heat the top of the back armor in boiling water so that you can bend them up and more vertical. This will allow it to sit lower on your back and close the kidney gap. Also get your chest lower too. It will look much better with a larger gap on top since your shoulder bells distract from that. 7aeda8e42cd9ce68aea532ee52e0cb66.jpg&key=df021f845652a7d9099e2020ede975718dd6c920dac23e33b5e1201368f52a3c

Some really tall folks also cut the ab plate behind the belt and put in a spacer.  From the side shot it looks like you may be trying to fit it too tight to your back too. I put foam behind my back and in the but plate to make it align better for instance.  The back should look more straight not hug your body in a big curve when seen from the side.