WIP Stormtrooper Hero

As long as you’re armor closely meets the criteria of the CRL (costume reference Library) then there shouldn’t be an issue.

Hero version CRL 

5 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Is that the actual armor or is it a pic of what it will look like? I don’t see why it wouldn’t be accepted if it meets criteria for the 501st

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes is the actual advance of my job

Yes is the actual advance of my job

The second pic looks like it has the 3d print lines on it. I’m not familiar with the 3d printing do they come off? Also the cod piece looks a bit odd. Not sure if it’s just the angle of the pic.

2 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

The second pic looks like it has the 3d print lines on it. I’m not familiar with the 3d printing do they come off? Also the cod piece looks a bit odd. Not sure if it’s just the angle of the pic.

I am sure he could give it a coat of auto paint ;) If that is what he wishes to do. 

• Like 1

I am sure he could give it a coat of auto paint If that is what he wishes to do. 

Yea I wasn’t sure if the lines are raised or flat. I don’t have any 3d print experience so I’m pretty much clueless to it all.

• Like 2

Just now, Frank75139 said:

Yea I wasn’t sure if the lines are raised or flat. I don’t have any 3d print experience so I’m pretty much clueless to it all.

Good Point! I am not sure myself. If they are raised, nothing a little sandpaper can't fix. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

I am using the Pepakura software, it prints on cardboard and it is armed like a puzzle then it hardens with resin, fiber and putty for cars. It is not a 3d impression.

I am using the Pepakura software, it prints on cardboard and it is armed like a puzzle then it hardens with resin, fiber and putty for cars. It is not a 3d impression.

I’m even less knowledgeable about that. It looks nice, as long as it’s within the guidelines of the CRL your good and you look like you are.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Danian said:

Pepakura?!  This is impressive! 

Are the back of the shins closed? 

1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

Pepakura?!  This is impressive! 

Are the back of the shins closed? 

The advantage of this method is that you can make the pieces or redo them as is more convenient. The Shin is closed but it can opened.
  • Like 1

This looks impressive. As Greg said, the shins should be open.
Pepakura is a lot of work, I suggest you use epoxy resin on the surface. Put thin layers of it on the paper, one after another until you have a hard and durable material. After that you will still need to sand the surface until it's smooth and round instead of poligonal. This will take a lot of time and you might use some more layers of epoxy resin or filler.

In the end I recommend you to get the whole armor painted or if you have the skills, paint it on your own.

looking forward to this build! :)

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 8:14 AM, Ripper_L said:

This looks impressive. As Greg said, the shins should be open.
Pepakura is a lot of work, I suggest you use epoxy resin on the surface. Put thin layers of it on the paper, one after another until you have a hard and durable material. After that you will still need to sand the surface until it's smooth and round instead of poligonal. This will take a lot of time and you might use some more layers of epoxy resin or filler.

In the end I recommend you to get the whole armor painted or if you have the skills, paint it on your own.

looking forward to this build! :)

thank you very much!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...