Still approvable?

Aizenoso

Hello there, a friend of mine bought my commander armour, had to sell it because the economy went trully bad...and he's checking everything right now for his approval, still waiting to paint the boots, and we started to talk about the blue color and the belt...the belt material changed from canvas to cordura/nylon, the boxes were changed to white from grey...you know, the CRL changes. 

This is the belt I had, and i got the approval with it, do you think he will need to change it and make a new one? 

u6wBF3n.jpg
zzl5exr.jpg
yobpb54.jpg

Also, about the blue, we know there is a "chart" about the blue colors, actually it depends too of the GML, but I painted the armor at first moment with a blue that actually matched the blue color chart of the commanders and the GML said that it doesn't, and made me to change it...after few days looking for other color that i could buy and it would be ok, i found one that actually i still love it, i know it's not 10000000% accurate, but i LOVE how the commander armor looks with it.

So, what do you think, will my friend have to change the blue or nope? Also, I will make my own commander again pretty soon, so i would like to know thoughs about the colors and a comparison with other that looks more canon, that i actually like it, but not as much as the Navy Blue, I don't know...maybe it's that is just different and looks, to me, more military style

jLdvaxn.jpg

m17vYAi.jpg
ESzRBQZ.jpg

Or maybe the problem will come from the weathering? Actually, I wore it for a whole year a loooot of time, and the whole weathering and battle damage is real battle damage at the paint.  

kHeiTXi.jpg

The questions on this post are the next ones:

Is the belt still approvable? The difference between canvas and cordura is...cordura is a little harder and shiny? 

Which blue do you think could be better? Even when i know that i love one, the one which i had my approval with, also, I will make another commande on the next weeks...same colour to match together (we also match at first name) or different to be that, different? hmmm....

Edited by Aizenoso
change the URL to post as images

This is coming from a fellow member and only my opinion. The belt ahould be ok for basic approval. But what are the two black circles? Those don't belong. For higher levels 4 rivets need to be added to each side.

The paint. I love the battle damage of your original but the blue to me is to dark. Of the two colors you have to choose from the Navy on the right is closer to the look you're aiming for.

I used Tamiya TS-15 Blue on my Commander. Good strong durable paint that works great with plastic.

Good Luck!

3 hours ago, magni said:

This is coming from a fellow member and only my opinion. The belt ahould be ok for basic approval. But what are the two black circles? Those don't belong. For higher levels 4 rivets need to be added to each side.

The paint. I love the battle damage of your original but the blue to me is to dark. Of the two colors you have to choose from the Navy on the right is closer to the look you're aiming for.

I used Tamiya TS-15 Blue on my Commander. Good strong durable paint that works great with plastic.

Good Luck!

Thanks for your answer bro! 

About the belt, yea, i think that it should be ok for basic approval. The two black circles are snaps ...maybe should be painted on white to "hide", he's just looking for basic approval.

About the blue...the problem is that in my city, Seville, it's pretty difficult to get that tamiya's color, a commander here at spain, at madrid, had it, but montana is one of the best paints at spain, not the best, but one of those, and yeah, i guess i will use the other, the navy blue, it's pretty good with plastic, durable and strong aswell, just too much chafing between the pieces ^^u