Insane mannequin bargains -- probably near you

Do you have a Bon-Ton store near you?  If so, it won't be there much longer.  Some 260 stores in 24 states are closing and have been doing sales out the wazoo for the last several weeks.  They've recently put their store fixtures up for grabs, including mannequins.  Not sure when they started that, but the ones I saw today have been marked down several times.  Here's what my local store in Wilkes-Barre, Pa., looked like this morning:

mannequin%201%20lo-res.jpg

Geez, would you look at that?  I thought I'd wandered onto the set of the Westworld lower level.  I've been thinking about making a mannequin but when I saw a pop-up ad about Bon-Ton's last days, it occurred to me that they might be selling fixtures so I went to check it out.  Glad I did.  I grabbed this torso mannequin:

mannequin%202%20lo-res.jpg

The price for this?  Less than 20 bucks; to be exact it was $19.50.  Seriously.  It's perfect for how I intend to use it and I'll be able to put the entire upper part of my TK armor on it.  If I ever want to add the legs later, that'll be easy to do with some simple PVC stands inside the armor pieces, propped up below the torso.  This mannequin is on the large side, and the shoulders match mine pretty closely, which is what I wanted.  And -- what are the odds!! -- it even has six-pack abs like mine.  Wait, did I say six-pack abs?  I meant just a six pack like mine.  I have two six packs, actually, and both are in the refrigerator where they belong.

Anyway, if you're looking for a mannequin and have an about-to-be-closed Bon-Ton near you, check it out.

You're welcome.

A.J.

• Like 2

That applies to all of the stores owned by Bon-Ton.  The Younkers stores in my area are selling them but not quite the same bargain.  A bought a chest only form for $20.  I may check again in couple of weeks to see if they've marked down the prices on the mannequins.

Thanks for the lead.  This was my first purchase solely for the purpose of getting prepared to join the 501st.