TK-21615 Requesting ANH EIB Status (844)

Name:  Jenny Mehan
TK Number: TK-21615
Forum Name: JenEcho
Garrison: Capital City Garrison (Canada)

Armor maker: AP
Helmet maker: AP
Cloth belt maker: AP
Silicone hand guards: JustJoseph63
Neck seal maker: Geeky Pink
Boot maker: TK Boots
TK type: ANH Stunt
Blaster: Brett Fulford

Now that I've got a handful of troops under my belt, it's time to see if I've got the right stuff for EIB and Centurion. Thanks again for all your help here on these forums. This build can be overwhelming, but the advice and love from you guys kept me going.

Link to my pre-approval submission: 

jduXbGb.jpg

Front

y9DeiWP.jpg

Left

waOrZgh.jpg

Back

l8e8H8v.jpg

Right

2ORtODk.jpg

Close up left side

vlrqHEn.jpg

Close up right side

VTMsD54.jpg

Pew pew

GgltGwZ.jpg

Action shot

EUBerqH.jpg

Buttons

giLWQzW.jpg

Strapping

oQgL8J7.jpg

Shoulder straps secured with elastic

O2XB88i.jpg

Belt

V1ezIXX.jpg

Functional Drop Box

r0IlcI3.jpg

TD with pan head screws

19ixWF3.jpg

Cod rivet

6kNfi2C.jpg

Posterior snaps

2FaEjaC.jpg

Functional snaps and rivet

VuBSHz7.jpg

Male snap on right side

KAR1cKD.jpg

Split rivets

KNITVtV.jpg

Ammo pack rivet

WOYTCBq.jpg

Ammo pack rivet (interior view)

8nomuTe.jpg

Sniper knee

P1JrUaF.jpg

Sniper knee

sznr4iX.jpg

Forearms with no return edge

mXGY7wo.jpg

Squishy

Aa7g0jq.jpg

Helmet side

MQwsBPK.jpg

Helmet front

t4n24dd.jpg

Other side

tMNduEn.jpg

Helmet back

Cn2pyYX.jpg

Green lenses

dCLhWBx.jpg

S-trim

uObuxPO.jpg

Interior electronics

lqi1rS9.jpg

Neck seal - Geeky Pink

WZDSule.jpg

TK boots

noA4Mvd.jpg

Blaster

qAuIzDx.jpg 

D-ring

Edited by JenEcho
(added missing pics)
  • Like 1

Hovi Tips need to be painted white around the rim.

Belt needs to come down a little, your covering the bottom buttons on the small button plate

Those are really my only suggestions. Looks great and should be an easy pass for EIB!

3 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

Hovi Tips need to be painted white around the rim.

Belt needs to come down a little, your covering the bottom buttons on the small button plate

Those are really my only suggestions. Looks great and should be an easy pass for EIB!

Thanks! 

Oops - was hard to tell in that one pic, but the tips are white. Here's a better view 

MQwsBPK.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Commander Gree said:

I believe you are missing some photos. need front, back, and both sides of helmet

Oh, I wasn't sure if linking to my pre-submission photos would be sufficient. I can definitely add them on here individually though

• Like 1

Just now, JenEcho said:

Oh, I wasn't sure if linking to my pre-submission photos would be sufficient. I can definitely add them on here individually though

I could be wrong, but i believe the photos have to be applied to the submission and not through a link. I dont think the link to the preapproval is required, but a nice touch

Looks great!  You might get away with the belt being as high as it is. The small button plate looks like it could stand to be trimmed a bit more but it could be the angle of the picture. 

A very nice build, Jenny!  Sniper knee looks fantastic, BTW. Good luck. 

Really nice job on that AP armor, Jenny, and I wholeheartedly agree with Greg, sniper knee looks great!  As noted, if you could add the side view close up shots to this thread that would be awesome.  Tony or I will be with you shortly!  

Nice work, Jenny. You’ve fitted it really nicely to your frame.

All I’d mention (not said above) is that the thermal detonator is possibly a little small or the screws are rather large?

And, something not clearance related but a possibly useful for other prospective troopers, the tube stripes appear to be on the opposite cheeks. This will not be noticed by joe public, just one of those finer details of the TK. (As I was dubbed “Tube Stripe Sheriff”, I couldn’t go without mentioning it).

Best of luck with clearance. See you at EI soon. :-)

Dan

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Nice work, Jenny. You’ve fitted it really nicely to your frame. emoji1303.png

All I’d mention (not said above) is that the thermal detonator is possibly a little small or the screws are rather large?

And, something not clearance related but a possibly useful for other prospective troopers, the tube stripes appear to be on the opposite cheeks. This will not be noticed by joe public, just one of those finer details of the TK. (As I was dubbed “Tube Stripe Sheriff”, I couldn’t go without mentioning it).

Dan

To kinda go along with this, and to be a little bit of a stickler, the TD could be rotated more to the front. it might be because of the clips themselves (did you make them or buy them somewhere?) you should be able to see the control panel and the "button" on the ABS plate in the rear photo. just one of those nitpicky things

1 hour ago, CableGuy said:

Nice work, Jenny. You’ve fitted it really nicely to your frame. emoji1303.png

Dan

Thanks Dan - it's definitely a challenge being a hobbit ;)

Those darn stripes! LOL - I went back and forth so many times debating what was the right way to put them on. You'd think with a 50/50 chance I might have got lucky. I'll get them perfect on my next build! 

The TD is 7.5" - I tried to get the ruler in my pic, but it didn't look great. Options for pan head screws are limited here in Canada. I'll be darned if I can remember the size I bought, but they fit into the same holes as the "original" kit screws (if that's relevant).   

1 hour ago, Commander Gree said:

To kinda go along with this, and to be a little bit of a stickler, the TD could be rotated more to the front. it might be because of the clips themselves (did you make them or buy them somewhere?) you should be able to see the control panel and the "button" on the ABS plate in the rear photo. just one of those nitpicky things

Yeah, the clips came with the kit. I actually tried to file them down a bit smaller, but quickly gave up on that because my lack of proper tools was causing extreme rage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, JenEcho said:

Those darn stripes! LOL - I went back and forth so many times debating what was the right way to put them on. You'd think with a 50/50 chance I might have got lucky. I'll get them perfect on my next build! 

Hahaha.  I was wondering how long it would be before @CableGuy mentioned something. :)  Anyway, I did the exact same thing!

And for the TD clips, I just bought a pair of cheap tin snips (duct snips) and cut off the ends that butt up to the control panel.  The control panel was still a little high, but this didn't cause any issues for approval - just one of those screen-accuracy things. Oh, Canadian Tire has the right size of pan head screws for your TD.  I can send you the info for them later if you want. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Really nice job on that AP armor, Jenny, and I wholeheartedly agree with Greg, sniper knee looks great!  As noted, if you could add the side view close up shots to this thread that would be awesome.  Tony or I will be with you shortly!  

Side view close up pics have been added. Please let me know if there's anything I've missed

Hi Jenny, and thank you for your EIB application, let's take a look, shall we?

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All submission photos are present and your armor displays all the elements required for Level 2 Badge.  On behalf of the D.O. Staff, congratulations and welcome to Expert Infantry!!      :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by us and your fellow troopers. Suggestions made here are to improve the overall look of your armor. If these suggestions would effect an application they will be mentioned in the below sections.

Thanks for adding the additional photos... I'm sure you are proud of this AP build, Jenny, and so you should be!  I can see that you took your time and payed attention to detail, and with a few minor items you will have an even better looking set of armor!

Levels 2 (and especially 3) are all about the details, of course, and there are a few things that were noticed:

If you could take a few minutes and remove the excess E-6000 that seeped out from under your ab button plates that would be great.  I suggest (carefully) cutting along the seam with a razor knife and then using your thumb (or a popsicle stick) and rub or scrape off the excess.  Easy-peasy.

Reference image

X40piut.jpg?1  6ACh2D3.jpg?1

BTW, liking the kidney/posterior plate connection!  A lot of troopers have trouble with this area, but you nailed it!

G5uYSGE.jpg?1

It seems that your shoulder bridges could use a little help, and I believe the issue may lie in the fact that your chest plate is riding a bit low due to your height.  If you have the room (A) (and still be comfortable and breathe, lol), I would suggest shortening the white elastic between your chest and back armor at least an inch or so to bring the plate up  You can then use a hot water bath to give the bridges more of an arch (B).  (Yes, this can be done with them still attached).  This would also give you a little more overlap in the back as seen in the reference image.  You should be able to scoop out the neck a bit more if necessary.

Reference image

I1q1bTm.jpg?1   MeonALy.jpg?1

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

As mentioned, a fantastic build, but you will need to align those pesky drop boxes with the ends of the ABS belt.  A super easy fix using a few small dabs of E-6000 under the straps in the back should keep them in place.

There were some concerns regarding the size of your TD screws.  They may be a bit larger than normal, but they do indeed meet the guidelines for level 3 (flat pan-head, painted black).  Other than that, nothing more to add here except to get out there and make the CCG proud with your new rank, and looking forward to seeing your Centurion submission!

Reference image

d4lNdW3.jpg?1          44AWgMW.jpg

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-21615 Requesting ANH EIB Status (844)

AWESOME!!! Thank you so much! I will definitely clean up that E-6000 and adjust my shoulder straps. That connection was puzzling - I knew it was weird but couldn't figure out how to modify it. I really appreciate the advice.

I'll fix those boxes and get my new pics soon!

On to Centurion :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JenEcho said:

AWESOME!!! Thank you so much! I will definitely clean up that E-6000 and adjust my shoulder straps. That connection was puzzling - I knew it was weird but couldn't figure out how to modify it. I really appreciate the advice.

I'll fix those boxes and get my new pics soon!

On to Centurion :)

Now THAT's the spirit!  :salute: