strapping

I would think it’s a matter of personal preference.

There are are some vendors and makers who make fine, Centurion level stuff.

For those who have neither enough time, money, or skill, I would think buying a prefabricated kit of straps would be an optimal solution.

If you have the time and patience, it is a lot less expensive to build your own.  Most supplies (nylon strapping, snaps, elastic) can be purchased on eBay or picked up at Joanne's fabrics or a similar store.  If you do decide to do it yourself, a cheap soldering iron will help a LOT.  Here is a link to my snap setting tutorial if it helps:  

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44617-snap-setting-101/

As someone who makes and sells strapping kits, it's much cheaper to make them yourself.  If you're going to snap/pads route, start off with a Snap Press because it's *so* worth the money in the long run.  About 50 Tandy Line 24 snaps will give you more than enough to do an entire TK plus extras for screw ups.  You'll need Nylon Webbing, 1" Black Elastic, and a little bit of 2" white elastic for the shoulders (cut in half for drop boxes).

As Joseph said, buy a soldering iron or woodburning iron to burn holes/ends so they don't fray.  Rivets and hand guards you can get on FISD for really good prices.  If you're in Europe the correct sized rivets should be easy to get locally too.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Dielotski said:

Which die set did you order with it?

15mm 5/8" 24 Liege 

image.png.ac18e130e36b15ccacb22f8798394212.png

This one will fit Tandy Line 24 snaps that I use.