Question about TB/TX Cummerbund

Hey all, 

I am currently working on a TX Swamp trooper, and was wondering if anyone has done a cummerbund themselves? either for a swampy or for a TB or anything that has this piece? I want to start sewing and this may be something to try and do on my own, but wondered if anyone out there has done one. i am on the Spec Ops forums but its kinda dead over there, and with only being 10 Swampys, its kinda hard to connect, Thanks all!

Have made a few for TB's lots of info and pattern can be found on the Pathfinders forum ;) 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Have made a few for TB's lots of info and pattern can be found on the Pathfinders forum ;) 

would you say it was something a beginner could tackle? im on the pathfinders forum now looking at the boot tutorial. pretty awesome info there

I was gonna try it for my scout but the pleats scared me. Spent over $100 and ordered one and it’s awful. Too long top to bottom and it’s too small to even fit around me. Debating on trying to make one or order from a better maker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

I was gonna try it for my scout but the pleats scared me. Spent over $100 and ordered one and it’s awful. Too long top to bottom and it’s too small to even fit around me. Debating on trying to make one or order from a better maker.

Just got info from another Swamp Trooper who said the guy he got his from fits perfect, and was less than 100, so might go that route and save myself the trouble. But i DO need to learn to sew, could save myself a lot of money in the end

Just got info from another Swamp Trooper who said the guy he got his from fits perfect, and was less than 100, so might go that route and save myself the trouble. But i DO need to learn to sew, could save myself a lot of money in the end

Would you be willing to share that name?????

1 minute ago, Frank75139 said:

Would you be willing to share that name?????

Ill PM you. Still waiting on a response from him to see if he would even do it

9 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

would you say it was something a beginner could tackle? im on the pathfinders forum now looking at the boot tutorial. pretty awesome info there

If you can use a sewing machine then yes, that the only experience I had I was happy how they turned out.

6 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

If you can use a sewing machine then yes, that the only experience I had I was happy how they turned out.

Found someone that was highly recommended by a fellow Swamp trooper, and his price was exactly where i wanted to be! but...I will be getting a machine from my grandmother, who has sewed every costume ive had since i was 1, and will be learning from her, so ill be doing my own stuff some day!