Mupfel’s E11 Blaster Build (with Doopydoo’s Resin Kit + T-Jays Completion Kit + 3D Print Additions + Arduino Electronics)

Mupfel

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, the folding stock got attached… it took me a long time to get that done  as this needed very accurate work here. If the drilling is not positioned centrally, the folding stock won’t be able to get attached in the front.

To attach the folding stock, I used a stainless steel cylinder, drilled holes on both ends and added screw threads as well. I used the screws of Tino here, with minor modifications.

q8dd6Z6.jpg?1

yk7kYqz.jpg?1

oPhcl4n.jpg?1

IEXuupc.jpg?1

Tw0Ting.jpg?1fnCsDFy.jpg

wS0x6hh.jpg

ppYvwAV.jpg?1

jGoWpZL.jpg?1

nmxzZJG.jpg

Thanks for reading and commenting...

Edited by Mupfel
  • Like 3

Thanks, yes, it looks fabulous and i am very happy with it. This adds a really nice and realistic feature to the blaster.

It‘s really worth the work ;-).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Good job Marko! Your latest progress reminds me of some photos from the blaster reference. ;):duim:

Now the real challenge will be a matching paint job and weathering on the rest of your blaster. Keeping fingers crossed for this...

Really stand-up work here Marko - It really is incredible to see the doopydoos receiver tube outfitted with such a quality folding stock piece - you're definitely taking your resin blaster to high heights! Keep up the quality workmanship :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks for the appreciation, guys!

To be honest, i am quite unsure whether i should weather the blaster in general. I love the new look :-)...

Beside of that, i really do not know if i will follow the painting from the blaster reference.

I do not like the glossy paint color of the grip, for example...

Let‘s see...

6 minutes ago, Mupfel said:

Thanks for the appreciation, guys!

To be honest, i am quite unsure whether i should weather the blaster in general. I love the new look :-)...

Beside of that, i really do not know if i will follow the painting from the blaster reference.

I do not like the glossy paint color of the grip, for example...

Let‘s see...

The original handle was made of "Bakelit" which is black and glossy. It's not painted, it's just the regular material color.
I have some orginial grips here, they look like this:

handle.jpg

It's more or less glossy. Pretty much scuffed.

• Like 1

Motivated from the almost finished blaster, i added the front sight guard to the tube. Thanks to Fieldmarshal...

To create the small hole for the guard i drilled holes and just tried until the guard is fitting...

1eFhH7w.jpg

biQlmL2.jpg

XWeJ8RO.jpg

GauYxn0.jpg

xxLtxiM.jpg

Have a great evening ... ;-)

• Like 3

Well, still need to do some minor things and the ejection port.

Yesterday i did a final test with all electric parts... unfortunately the speaker or the electric lines are broken...

Need to sort this essential thing first...

On 4/13/2019 at 10:29 PM, Mupfel said:

Well, still need to do some minor things and the ejection port.

Yesterday i did a final test with all electric parts... unfortunately the speaker or the electric lines are broken...

Need to sort this essential thing first...

sorry for drifting away from the topic. I've hidden the discussion and will talk to phil via PM :)

new wires for the speaker should be easy to get at low or no cost. ;)

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 1:29 PM, Mupfel said:

Well, still need to do some minor things and the ejection port. Yesterday i did a final test with all electric parts... unfortunately the speaker or the electric lines are broken... Need to sort this essential thing first...

Oh, if it is those speaker wires, mine also broke off from my speakers. Maybe get the connection nice and tight with heat shrink tubing.

I hope that only the wires are done... as i wrote either the wires or the speaker...

Will see, i ordered another speaker now... it is good to have a backup for every electric part...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Time flies and i was able to do some work on the blaster build again :-). I wrote that either the speaker or the wires are done.... the speaker was broken. I replaced it with a new one and everything worked flawlessly again.
So i was in a very good mood to go on, to get this build done finally!

I reassembled it completely again, to do a final function test.

PJAsrgU.jpg?1

My mood was that good that i even did a video of some functions...

Right after the succesful testing i personalized the blaster a bit. My TK ID i hammered into the back of the blaster

wdaNcSI.jpg

zrBl8NO.jpg

Thanks for watching and commenting!

To be continued quite quickly, as i want to have the blaster available at the beginning of August.

Edited by Mupfel
  • Like 2

I am having difficulties on finding the correct painting color of the location, where the Trigger is mounted.

I copied the pictures from the Blaster reference. There you can see about which metal color i am talking.

13.png

Can you please provide the color types you used?

On 7/30/2019 at 12:07 PM, Mupfel said:

I am having difficulties on finding the correct painting color of the location, where the Trigger is mounted.

(...)   Can you please provide the color types you used?

For this section you can simply use silver paint on both sides.

On the pictures it looks like metal, because a thin sheet of self-adhesive aluminum foil was used to cover this area.

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

Hi Marko. As Tino mentioned, the part you are talking about is silver. I opted to use thin aluminum sheeting to replicate that part but silver paint is just fine.

the aluminum sheet was easy to do so if you try that you just need some fine carving tool to make a thin seam to insert the sheet into a bit. I used a tiny Tamiya hobby saw. It cuts very precise and clean. Then I used a thin blade to dig out more. 

• Like 1

Cool, thanks for your replies! So i think i will go for the painting then :-)

The painting in general goes very well, unfortunately i forgot to make pictures.

So i will add more pictures when the blaster is assembled.

• Like 2

Too bad, I wanted to upload pictures from my mobile, but this does not work.

So i have to wait till i am at home again.

Sorry for the non information post, but i cannot delete it.

Finally, i can upload pictures again :-)...

Main part of assembling the blaster is done. Some peaces are not assembled or finished yet, so i need some more time to create them from scratch e.g. ejection port cover and so on.

Now, the funny bit comes up. I do not know if all wires fit into the blaster body, this is the only thing i have never tested :-)...

By the way, yes, cooking handle is wrong :-)

2qSeUar.jpg?1

8U6pvFs.jpg?1

gxwddSL.jpg?1

EanexD0.jpg?1

Thanks for commenting and reading!

Edited by Mupfel

Marko your build looks fantastic.  Quick question.   Did you use a flat black or a satin finish?  I can’t tell with the lighting.  I’m getting ready to paint my DD blaster and have been debating on which finish to use.

9 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Marko your build looks fantastic.  Quick question.   Did you use a flat black or a satin finish?  I can’t tell with the lighting.  I’m getting ready to paint my DD blaster and have been debating on which finish to use.

Hello Dennis and welcome to the FISD. :salute: Flat black and satin black do both work. Just make sure your grip gets a gloss black. Maybe this helps you.

@Mupfel Good progress, Marko. Can't wait to see this blaster assembled and fully operational. :tarkin:

• Like 1