Mupfel’s E11 Blaster Build (with Doopydoo’s Resin Kit + T-Jays Completion Kit + 3D Print Additions + Arduino Electronics)

Mupfel

Hi guys,

about a half year ago, I started to browse in the FISD and read all the builds of you guys. Many of you put a lot of effort and extra work into the blasters which is (still) very impressive.

When I saw, that some guys even added electronics to their blasters, I decided to build a blaster with electronics as well. After reading the forum again, I came across the thread of Andras. He is providing a fully integrated Arduino Board which comes with several features.

Thread where you can order the Arduino Board: http://501st.de/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=2941
Demonstration Video of what the board provides: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7UXT-VAbzM

Once I saw his Arduino board, I ordered one. This led me to order the Doopydoo’s E11 kit and the T-Jay Completion kit as well.
In addition to that, I ordered some 3D printed pieces as well.

ibqmZ66.jpg

Unfortunately, I decided too late to document the build, the electronic stuff has been completed already.
Many thanks to Andras again, who helped me a lot, when I am stuck with the project! In general , the support for the board in case of questions and help is very good!

Let’s start with the current status:

Here you can see the electronic, which will be added to the blaster, in action (This video is made by Andras, when he tested the whole electronic after a problem):

First step that I did for the build was, printing out the Blaster Reference. I really can recommend that to everyone who does his first Blaster!

Edited by Mupfel
  • Like 2

The equipment that is used to create the blaster:

MHIPlt7.jpg?1

After reading the Blaster Reference and T-Jays description i started with the handle.

Adding the screws was one of the easier things... then, the switch of T-Jays kit was on. With the Dremel i hollowed out the needed space.

For the trigger and its electronic switch, i will follow the way that has been done by someone (cannot find the thread anymore), in the forum.

du2FhPW.jpg

5CnjMwN.jpg

zGVyWni.jpg

Edited by Mupfel
  • Like 1

... Let’s start with the current status:
Here you can see the electronic, which will be added to the blaster ...

Mupfel, your electronics with the help of Andras is very animated! Quite the achievement! Correct me if I'm wrong but you have the trigger cycling through all your different settings? I like your string of LEDs for the barrel!! The stun setting is very cool!0fcdf5ebae60b7f17a58c89d06ca4f60.jpg

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

The equipment that is used to create the blaster:
304718601_IMG_7581(Small).JPG.df64ed6d4c9e5fad435f035a0d375fde.JPG

After reading the Blaster Reference and T-Jays description i started with the handle.
Adding the screws was one of the easier things... then, the switch of T-Jays kit was on. With the Dremel i hollowed out the needed space.
For the trigger and its electronic switch, i will follow the way that has been done by someone (cannot find the thread anymore), in the forum.
785572024_IMG_7605(Small).JPG.6c7c0e8f341ae2aa7ad02328b5760f92.JPG2042717771_IMG_7606(Small).JPG.d2074851a12c915173557f68ff9e3b35.JPG168843415_IMG_7607(Small).JPG.ed08a67ffdcae5363c4d8972df15c3ac.JPG

Great job! Following with interest! With T-Jay's completion set, you will have one heck of a blaster

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Yes, the different blaster modes can be chosen with the trigger.
There are 5 modes, so it would have been complicated to put them on the switch with 3 modes.

The shop of the 3D printing parts is named shapeways.

Today i was able to go on with some blaster parts...

Tomorrow pictures and descriptions will follow.

Marko

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yesterday night i was able to work on the End Cap Clip and on the T-Racks of the Barrel. I like the T-Rack details of some Threads here in the forum, so i decided to give it a try to do the details as well.

For the T-Racks i used the Dremel Metal Cutting Wheel, to remove the unneeded resin of the Racks. For the little holes of the racks itself i used a very tiny molding cutter.

I am very pleased with the result.

597817166_IMG_7596(Small).JPG.97ebec192381d98094c1f119c231f818.JPG

1048796964_IMG_7595(Small).JPG.41555785e20abc272e191dddf596f5ee.JPG

When i saw the results that can be achieved when working focused on the pieces, i decided to go on with the end clip as well. I used E6000 adhesive to glue the pieces together. After this was done Green Stuff was used to fill in the gaps.

Now everything is smooth :-).

495760157_IMG_7593(Small).JPG.cfc3ab0e81c93d1a9cd1c4ff81711f5b.JPG

• Like 2

By the way, i am going to reach a limit from the picture size that can be uploaded.

How can i resolve this?
My picture sizes are around 50 Kb until now.

Thanks for your help

1 hour ago, Mupfel said:

By the way, i am going to reach a limit from the picture size that can be uploaded.

How can i resolve this?
My picture sizes are around 50 Kb until now.

Thanks for your help

By using a hosting site, Imgur works great :salute:

Yes, instead of uploading your pictures here on FISD, find an online photo hosting page like imgur, flickr, google photos or something (not photobucket :glare:) and then link your pictures into the thread.

Really looking forward to seeing this come together, I have always wanted to do an electronics set up for my E-11

Great work so far.

• 3 weeks later...

After some weeks without time and some troops i was able to go on with my blaster.

The folding stock was the goal of the day, but it at the end it did not went as expected :-(, but have a look yourself .

iLYmxaQ.jpg?2

wsBoPXq.jpg?2

XqQIymH.jpg?1

For seperating the different parts from each i used carving tools from the set you can see in my first post. It took quite a while to get to that resulot so don't get mad if it takes a while until you are satified with the result ;-).

To work on the tiny holes, i used a tiny milling cutter from the Dremel.

---

To get rid of the resin inside of the folding stock, to insert Tinos aluminium tube, i used normal sized milling cutter with the Dremel.

et8DqVr.jpg?2

FwXnfhH.jpg?2

mJoFr0W.jpg?2

---

After achiving this, i was very excited to get the folding stock attached to the riffle. Obviously i was not careful enough and the drill jammed and the folding stock broke in two pieces :-(.

2EfKtqk.jpg

---

After having a talk to Tino, i glued it together with the glue of his pack :-), thanks again for the help. Hopefully it will last very long ;-).

ms7J0Bt.jpg

Edited by Mupfel
  • Like 3

Thanks!

Unfortunately the location where the foldingstock broke is very bad, as it broke again.

Now i decided to use epoxi resin to make it stable again.

https://i.imgur.com/vz0yqxG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XXJFzGI.jpg

Unfortunately i am not at home so i used Tapatalk to create the answer, so only links for the pictures are working.

Thanks for reading ;-)

Marko

Sorry to hear the folding stock broke again. Especially after all the hollowing work you spent into it. Maybe some metal supports (like in the picture below) would have been useful.

34.png

However, your current attempt to fix it also looks very promising...

As the solution with the epoxy resin is really strong and nice, i decided to do the other side of the folding stock as well.

You never know what happens ;-).

I am really looking forward to go on with building the blaster, finally. Repairing during the build is no fun at all :-(.

VpLLxxR.jpg?2

Sp2K5Is.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This week I have got 3 free days which I can fully use to spend time on the blaster. This project takes longer than expected but hopefully the result will be worth the spent time.

Hoooraay :-)

Attaching the folding stock

After the repairing, with the epoxy resin, of the folding stock it is now strong enough to be attached to the barrel at all.

09Qcf4t.jpg

Grip

For adding the electronic switch, I cut 4 little pieces of the nails that came with Tino’s set. 

The position of the trigger is chosen  in that way because the switch is pushing the trigger back again after you pushed it.

Bx18b59.jpg?2

uLRx7il.jpg?1

In addition to the electronics I used again the carving tools to separate the different pieces on the downside of the grip.

dzIHAF6.jpg?1

Hopefully tomorrow i can report as much as today :-)

Looking forward to it :-)

Thanks for reading guys!

Edited by Mupfel
  • Like 3