Mp40 pouches

Stan

I'm building a heavy weapons trooper suit and pouches  have the straps in the back are sideways I need them to be vertical the material is way too thick to cut and resew by hand. Any advise how to stitch the straps

Hi Stan!  This is the way I have done my pouches for years, and it works out really well.  For the belt packs I used two pieces of 1 inch wide aluminum (about 10 inches long), bent them in half and used epoxied them directly to each pouch vertically, (photo 1) and covered the outside piece in white duct tape as not to scratch my armor.  These slide directly under my canvas belt, stay firmly in place and are super easy in put on and take off.  Hint:  Don't use aluminum that is too thick, as it will snap when you bend it.

For the shoulder pack, I added a tab of nylon onto the left strap with two (if you do this, be SURE to use two) snaps.  You can run the tab through the bottom or top loop on the back of the pack strap, depending on how high you want it to sit.  Don't go too high, though.  If the pack sits too high it will make it difficult to turn your head/helmet.

Hope this helps!

Side note:  GREAT to hear that we have another HWT on the way, but please note that pouches must be leather (or "leather-like") for all approval stages.  The photos show white stitching on mine, but that is only on the back.  The front white stitching was covered with a black Sharpie marker.

nb9HEw1.jpg?1   s4tPWZV.jpg?1

0GS0CTs.jpg?1

• 4 weeks later...

I keep a single pouch with sideways straps for my shoulder one.  I then have a loop of elastic that goes around my shoulder bridge to keep it mounted.