Steel Phasma (long build) by Rowen

I started building my TFA Phasma out of steel in September (?) 2016 after seeing the “Silver Stormtrooper” in the movie, and knowing the character was female.  I was going to make a kit supplied by Shawn Thorsson, but noticed that I would have a major problem with inner thigh chafing that would make a Chrome paint job a real issue.  I have a background in blacksmithing and making wearable suits of armor out of steel, so I thought to use my knowledge base to make my own Phasma.

My biggest issues have been that there are no templates for this suit (or there weren’t when I got started), so I have had to create EVERY part of this suit first out of a paper template, and then cut it out of steel and make it as accurately as I can.  The other issue I have is that I am only able to work on this project a few hours a month (and my dad’s smithy is about 80 miles away from my house), so it has taken me almost 2 years to get where I am.

I will post some (but definitely not all - I have tons) photos of my build, and I will try to have them in some organized manner.

I’ll post the images mostly in the order that I made the pieces.

** right now I’m having a deuce of a time uploading ANY images, and I may have to try this post again at a later time 

• Like 1

Hi Rowen, you should use a photo hosting service to post photos here. Suggestions include imgur, Google Photos, Flickr. I am guessing you're having file size issues trying to upload directly to the FISD.

These first photos are the toes, heels, and my first attempt at the ankle (tarsal?) piece.  Since then, I have changed the piece to a more accurate one, but I wanted you to see the process.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gmVjzHZWro5CvMon8

I hope this link inserts the photos, and doesn’t stay a link....

edit: I still suck at inserting photos.  Sorry, just look at the link ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Edited by battlebroad
  • Like 1

Oh my god this is so gorgeous!

I'm sure the people in the future will discover this and believe that Star Wars is in fact, non-fiction!

Are you doing the helmet also in steel? 

On 7/18/2018 at 9:59 PM, crema said:

Oh my god this is so gorgeous!

I'm sure the people in the future will discover this and believe that Star Wars is in fact, non-fiction!

Are you doing the helmet also in steel? 

I have made the entire suit out of steel.  I am trying to get better at posting the images, as well as posting them in order that I made the suit.  I think I have the images to size, and I will try to post them a.s.a.p.  Thanks for looking!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...