Jon Solo requesting pre-approval

So I had to set up my own rig to take pictures on a timer. Let me know what fixes you think I need for basic approval. Later comes Centurion! Thanks everyone! This build was crazy but I had amazing help from 501st members Seth Hendrix and great pics and building advice from Erik Jochums. Here is my Anovos build.

https://imgur.com/a/GtXhNuC

Jon, Welcome and you have come to a great place to get help with your pre-approval. May i suggest that you actually post you photos to the forum and not just the link to your imgur. this will make it easier for people to view your photos. I did check them out and it looks like a strong build. as far as basic goes i would only suggest that you make sure all your armor parts line up. i see several things that look out of place, one of which being your calves in the back do not line up and will get you kicked back by some GMLs. it is most helpful to have someone help you out with photos. one suggestion is to contact someone within you garrison for help. that person should be an approved TK, and can help fix the alignments when taking the photos.

also, it appears that the straps between your biceps and your forearms are on the wrong side, and should be on the "upper" part of the arm, where the bend in the elbow is, basically the inside of the elbow. you have it on the outside contouring the elbow itself. actually now that i am looking more, do you have strapping on both sides?

If you can, try and roll your shoulders forward to cover some of the black showing between your chest and arms.

your right thigh needs to come up to match your back thigh, on the photo of you from behind.

Rotate the belt a little so that the middle cover button lines up with the middle of your abs.

Pull your biceps up, this will fix the spacing issues with your forearms almost overlapping your hand plates.

try and line up your abs with the kidney plate.

and your butt plate is sticking out.

overall you have a really nice build. just small fitment issues that might be because you were rushing between setting the camera and getting into position. A lot of what i mentioned is nit picky stuff, but can be turned away from the GML.

Edited by Commander Gree

Exactly what Jordan already stated. Always better to have someone (idealy an experienced TK) taking your approval photos. That makes it a lot easier for you. :)

Hi Jon

Looking really nice overall.

Just a couple of things that caught my eye.

Your biceps look quite spacious. If they flap around a bit, you could consider reducing the size a little (in girth).

611b0377c4eabce2a088141ecfec43e8.png

And just a very small thing - you could extend your frown paint a little, past the undrilled fifth tooth, for an extra dash of AHN.

Suggestion

f92f335ae46d85c4e709a156ba8d9f8a.png

Reference

0a56778f0316a1c61e7820b430ee9fec.png

Best of luck with approval. Shouldn’t be an issue for you. :-)

Dan

Nice job Jon!  The only things that stood out for me was the black space (between the shoulder bells and chest at the front) and the sizing of the biceps and forearms.  Like Dan mentioned, they look fairly loose (too much girth).  I don't know if this will affect basic approval (depends on your GML), but it will hinder movement while you are trooping.  That extra bit of paint on the frown (as per Dan) would not hurt either. 

As far as any dressing or alignment issues - yeah, you definitely want someone in the know to help with pictures.  A few adjustments here and there before the pictures may solve a number of issues noted above (except for the belt - Nice catch, Jordan).  My perfectionist wife helped me out during pictures - I pretty much owe my Centurion approval to her ;)

Again, nice job on the armor. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Nice job Jon!  The only things that stood out for me was the black space (between the shoulder bells and chest at the front) and the sizing of the biceps and forearms.  Like Dan mentioned, they look fairly loose (too much girth).  I don't know if this will affect basic approval (depends on your GML), but it will hinder movement while you are trooping.  That extra bit of paint on the frown (as per Dan) would not hurt either. 

As far as any dressing or alignment issues - yeah, you definitely want someone in the know to help with pictures.  A few adjustments here and there before the pictures may solve a number of issues noted above (except for the belt - Nice catch, Jordan).  My perfectionist wife helped me out during pictures - I pretty much owe my Centurion approval to her ;)

Again, nice job on the armor. 

My wife was the exact same way lol. I would be turned around for a picture and feel a tug, then reset for the photo again and feel a tug somewhere else. lol. she wanted my cover strips on point, nothing a mm off. for the most part everything went smooth. but I felt you was being more aggressive with it than I would have been. but when I make it to Centurion it will be owed to her eye for detail

Good luck on your approval Jon. I don't have anything to add that hasn't already been mentioned.

I took my own submission photos as well, but I had it record as video so I could make sure everything was in its proper place using a full length mirror. I went back and saved the frames I needed showing every side and sent those to my GML. :laugh1: