The Captain Requesting Pre Approval Review (Anovos)

On 7/21/2018 at 10:54 AM, menschie said:

Looking good chief! You should be proud!

Just out of curiosity, why did you blur your face? Plausible deniability? ;)

Just a thing with my job. I need to try and not post my face/voice online if possible, so I'm only sending the unedited ones to my GML. 

Speaking of which, I submitted my application 12 days ago, but haven't heard back (save the auto-reply email from the 501st website). Should I send a "what's up" email, or wait the full 3 weeks before checking in again?

- The Captain

You have to fill out the 501st online application as well as submit photos to your garrison membership liaison. Depends how busy your GML is as to how long the approval process takes, wouldn’t hurt to flick him/her an email just to check if they have everything required to proceed.

11 hours ago, The Captain said:

Just a thing with my job. I need to try and not post my face/voice online if possible, so I'm only sending the unedited ones to my GML. 

Speaking of which, I submitted my application 12 days ago, but haven't heard back (save the auto-reply email from the 501st website). Should I send a "what's up" email, or wait the full 3 weeks before checking in again?

- The Captain

head scratcher, you say in the OP you don't want to post your face till your approved. but then say you cant because of your job. Might make trooping kind of hard because people take photos behind the scenes and post them. kinda curious as to what you do for a living that would require you not to be on the internet. are you wanted by the empire and trying to hide among us???

11 hours ago, Commander Gree said:

head scratcher, you say in the OP you don't want to post your face till your approved. but then say you cant because of your job. Might make trooping kind of hard because people take photos behind the scenes and post them. kinda curious as to what you do for a living that would require you not to be on the internet. are you wanted by the empire and trying to hide among us???

It just makes things kinda hard after having an issue. Got followed around for about a year. It's not a hard set "show your face and you're fired", but rather "please don't make it easy for someone to track you". Once I officially become a member, I can explain it to them as a "I'm in a non-profit" so I'll get more leeway. But even then, I don 't have any social media, and I try to be hard to recognize on anything I do post.

Believe me, its a huge pain. If I could, I wouldn't bother.

20 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You have to fill out the 501st online application as well as submit photos to your garrison membership liaison. Depends how busy your GML is as to how long the approval process takes, wouldn’t hurt to flick him/her an email just to check if they have everything required to proceed.

Yup, I followed the page my garrison has, and they said to fill out the form and immediately send the pictures to the GML email address they had posted. I did both of those 12 days ago, so I was just wondering if any else had to wait a similarly long time. On the site it says that it can take up to three weeks, so I guess I'll wait until that time before emailing them again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...