TheSwede`s FOTK build [KB]

TheSwede

It`s been a long wait but the armor cleared the Swedish customs as of yesterday so figured it would be safe to start this up:)

When I first watched the force awakens I was really disapointed with the new Stormtrooper helmet - DID NOT LIKE IT! The armor was cool though - however, over the years the helmet has grown on me so now I like it and really look forward building this kit. 

Here`s the version I´m going for: 

7FFId6V.jpgosCo6IQ.pngROw1Heo.png

Besides from the armor (duh) one needs the following items:

Cloth gaskets - Geeky pink`s phantastic gaskets  (for Centurion you will need rubber). 

U3VhCtB.jpg

Armor vest - Diversity Props

vY8B9ys.jpg

Boots and gloves - Imperial boots

A7lSDXQ.jpg

Undersuit - stromtrooperundersuit.com

F1XdmiL.jpg

Belt and pouches - Trooperbay 

Lp4d5Z7.jpg

Blaster rifle - 3Dprops NL

1CjlX4e.jpg

Metal holster - R2Dan

7YO2hGw.jpg

Back pack - BSP (borrowed pic from FB, kit ships tomorrow)

6q094ts.jpg

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, CrookKnight said:

Very cool. I am building the same one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahha I`ll go check it out:duim: and...Pssst….don`t forget my Sandtrooper pack^_^

14 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Wow - I’m ready and waiting to see your progress on this. Can’t wait. :-)

Yeah me too, I won`t be able to fully relax until the box is here and all the pieces are accounted for:icon_beg:

6 minutes ago, Ilnino said:

Sweet, whos armour have you gone for?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KB Props :icon_beg:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ensi said:

Oh heck yes :popcorn: 

my feeling exactly:peace:

10 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Going all-in, nice. Eyeing that backpack for my build too, let us know how it goes.

Sure thing:salute:

24 minutes ago, lucnak said:

Wow can't wait to see your progress in this thread. You're a building machine!

Totally bitten by the armor building-bug:smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

The box arrived today and had a quick inventory check and the helmet was missing *sigh*....pm:d KB so hopefully it will be here sooner rather than later....so now...time to go to work:)

fo8Fdjp.jpg

• Like 3

Hooray for BBB day - even if it is bucket-less.  Post lots of pics and share all the details. 

At this rate, by the time I finally finish my TD, you will have finished an ESB TK, TD, and FOTK.  I don't know how you do it. :salute:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Hooray for BBB day - even if it is bucket-less.  Post lots of pics and share all the details. 

At this rate, by the time I finally finish my TD, you will have finished an ESB TK, TD, and FOTK.  I don't know how you do it. :salute:

Well...I sleep way less than I should, just can’t help myself:smiley-sw013:

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Doh!! Missing the helmet...I think people will notice that hot!! Lol

I have a white balaclava so al I have to do is getting some black sunglasses and no one will be the wiserB)

1 hour ago, Frank75139 said:

No helmet no problem, you’ve got plenty of work to do before that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True true:D

• Like 3

When I arrived to the Imperial Factory (work) I decided to change my game-plan and work on the blasters first.....been painting (and sanding) alot of pieces...not finished but started to feel good about myself...but....

b7tvgbn.jpg

.... there’s always more...:blink:...oh well run out of white paint so I guess that’s a rap for today....(yes I have black paint and pieces that are to be black but choose to ignore that :P)

XDnVddB.jpg

• Like 3

Heard back from KB and the helmet molds needed remaking during the next couple of days....just wish he had told me beforhand - would have saved me from popping a few blod vessels in my head….oh well, as the saying goes...all is well that ends well:)

• Like 1

Some touching up and minor work to do but almost done with the blasters, they are not perfect but I put them together as trooping-blasters. No electronics in the blaster riffle as of yet but I can take it apart if I would like to ad that in the future:)

QYoJ1ki.jpg

• Like 3

Started trimming: did the yoke and then remembered to start talking pics one can see the yoke a bit on the side:smiley-sw013:

the cod, fairly easy to see where to cut.

tS5hcGl.jpg

hrS0dBN.jpg

And done...almost, there’s a little lip at the top

sX6Zfcd.jpg

The back 

9KBPzX6.jpg

And...then there was the ab plate :blink: where’s the lower edge the belt rests on? First I thought KB just got carried away and cut to much in a hurry to get the kit done, would be understandable...but as I looked closer there’s a little lip so now I’m confused...?

EDIT: turns out the edge is not required and this is how the new mold is in order to make the ab plate longer- I stand corrected.

amPAn3M.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
Clarity
  • Like 1

Looking good, sir.

The F-11D has really grown on me, (much like the armour itself). This is a dangerous, potentially expensive thread for me to be following! Lol

• Like 3

Seems like it's missing yeah. But you don't really need it. You can go the screen accurate route and add all the small tabs or just attach the cod/butt with snaps as many have done :)

8 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Looking good, sir.

The F-11D has really grown on me, (much like the armour itself). This is a dangerous, potentially expensive thread for me to be following! Lol

Sorry:P but it was the same for me, didn’t like it very much to begin with, the helmet in particilar, now...I really like it - go figure^_^

7 hours ago, Ensi said:

Seems like it's missing yeah. But you don't really need it. You can go the screen accurate route and add all the small tabs or just attach the cod/butt with snaps as many have done :)

I was more concerned about getting the belt to sit properly, I want a new ab plate:duimomlaag: I checked all the other KB references and they all have that edge...I sent him a PM so I’ll wait to hear back...not to happy bying stuff that needs fixing the minute you get it.....*sigh*

EDIT: I was wrong about the ab plate, it’s a new mold.

that’t me complaining.....time to start on the other parts:)

Edited by TheSwede
Clarity
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

I was more concerned about getting the belt to sit properly, I want a new ab plate:duimomlaag: I checked all the other KB references and they all have that edge...I sent him a PM so I’ll wait to hear back...not to happy bying stuff that needs fixing the minute you get it.....*sigh*

With a little bit of velcro on butt and cod the belt will sit right if the abdomen is properly fitted to you. Besides you'll get a little bit more freedom inside the suit without those edges :duim: Although I see now that your codpiece looks a bit short so maybe it was designed to be used with the edge. If you put it up against the ab piece where the edge would be and then compare it to up against the ab piece (right beneath boxes) how does it look?