TheSwede`s FOTK build [KB]

TheSwede

5 minutes ago, The5thHorseman said:

Prepare to get massive! The heavy F-11D feels huge when you're used to the standard one.

I really hope soB) I sort of regret I didn’t ask the seller to use the 3dfiles you designed, would be sure to get the real deal then:) The one I have was also advertised as ”heavy option but clearly wasn’t. 

I have a 3D print version of Germain's files. I dropped it 3' last week onto carpet. I thought it was pretty sturdy until it shattered into pieces, major damage, SUX! As Germain mentioned it's awkward compared to it's smaller brother so be careful. If you 3D print, if you can use robust materials.    

Edited by ukswrath

2 hours ago, ukswrath said:

shattered into pieces, major damage, SUX!

I can imagine:(  Getting it from sanotized creations so I’m hoping it’s good:icon_beg:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

I can imagine:(  Getting it from sanotized creations so I’m hoping it’s good:icon_beg:

Looking forward to seeing what you receive :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Right, I read his post about him starting to offer F-11Ds on Facebook. As I understood it, his heavy kit will be properly upsized. Can't say much about accuracy, but it didn't look bad on the pictures. Splitting is a bit weird though.

As for the solidity of 3D prints, I found out it also depends of the quality of the print itself. If something is printed with poor temperature settings the layers don't fuse well together and make the whole part weaker. Same if the there's issue with the 'infill' hidden on the inside of the part. But anyway, yes, 3D printed object tends to be rather fragile to impact.

I did alot of crowd-control with the riot-Trooper set up but sadly no photos of the first or third day and only a few the second day buuut it was a blast!^_^

fKz75qw.jpg

Using the sheild for high-fives worked out just great.

PJTyKKH.jpg

And some photostand-duty with my other set-up.

K5ebZHL.jpg

TK on the left is my son, approved youngling. Some cool lights in the arena.

7C4Cyef.jpg

• Like 3

@TheSwede

when you modified the forearms was the cut only on the side with the greeblies? My forearms are already assembled but I need to tighten them up otherwise they look ridiculous on me. 

From what I understand I can make the cuts and trim the greebie side down and just reclose that side and be good?  Do you have any approximate measurements or just eyeball it?

thank you

On 6/4/2019 at 12:26 AM, TheDon said:

@TheSwede

when you modified the forearms was the cut only on the side with the greeblies? My forearms are already assembled but I need to tighten them up otherwise they look ridiculous on me. 

From what I understand I can make the cuts and trim the greebie side down and just reclose that side and be good?  Do you have any approximate measurements or just eyeball it?

thank you

Hey Joe

I cut from both sides, it´s importand to keep the forearm level so to speak. If only cutting from one side they won´t keep the "square" shape. As for measurements I checked fit (with gaskets) to see how much I could remove, they were really big so I quickly realized I could remove as much as needed to make it look more like reference material on the greeblie side and then just trim the other side to keep the shape :)

JRLLgnm.png

• Like 1

Wish I had seen your build before I made my first cut..again 

on your chest armor how tall of a return edge would you say you have. 2-3 Millimeters? Maybe 5 mm? 

(Don’t bother with Freedom Units, mm is best)

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 11:21 PM, TheDon said:

Wish I had seen your build before I made my first cut..again 

on your chest armor how tall of a return edge would you say you have. 2-3 Millimeters? Maybe 5 mm? 

(Don’t bother with Freedom Units, mm is best)

Thanks again :) And it’s about 5-6 mm.

Decided I wanted to paint the KB helmet pink, I just lightly sanded before painting so there are imperfections which are easy to fix if wanting to but as this is a "fun-helmet" I didn´t bother and figured it was battle-damage. Pretty happy with it and when/if I get my Anovos kit, I´m going to paint the whole kit pink. the "old one" that is:) Going to install mirrored lenses when they arrive.

7PmqLeu.jpg

• Like 1

On 8/25/2018 at 9:52 PM, TheSwede said:

Got a little side-tracked...was about to glue the sides but made the conclusion that it would be easier to sand the parts separately so I started with that. But they are now glued.

t1zrhxD.jpgg9gQ8Xg.jpg

Also decided to close the back using snaps so drilled some holes, made som strapping, set some snaps and I think it will work.

LXLt7NW.jpgk3ZnI4j.jpgzsGsTdm.jpg

AavF9nV.jpg

And made the strapping for the cod

bFSEdhY.jpgops7Ork.jpg

What did you use to adhere the strapping to the inside of the ab piece? Is this also how you adhered the snaps to the chest piece?

7 hours ago, Koolrcky said:

What did you use to adhere the strapping to the inside of the ab piece? Is this also how you adhered the snaps to the chest piece?

Loctite superglue:salute:

• Like 1

• TheSwede changed the title to TheSwede`s FOTK build [KB]
  • 2 months later...

Great build thread. I just got the KB armor but am waiting on the helmet. I may have missed it, but do you have pictures of the biceps? Mine look pretty flat and am wondering if I have to modify them. I was also wondering about how to handle the torso until I saw this. Makes me feel a bit better about things, though still a bit apprehensive about the whole build.

On 8/28/2019 at 12:47 AM, Stormageddon said:

Great build thread. I just got the KB armor but am waiting on the helmet. I may have missed it, but do you have pictures of the biceps? Mine look pretty flat and am wondering if I have to modify them. I was also wondering about how to handle the torso until I saw this. Makes me feel a bit better about things, though still a bit apprehensive about the whole build.

Hey Mark

Sorry for the late reply but here´s how they look. If I remember correctly I think I thought the same as you that they looked a bit flat at first but when put together it worked out fine. Glad you found this build helpful, just take one step at the time and you´ll do fine and just ask if you`re wondering anything:duim:

5aZxQ4Z.jpgvalSKkm.jpglLVII9Q.jpg