TheSwede`s FOTK build [KB]

TheSwede

During fitting I noticed that I could sew the shoulder and elbow gasket together so removed the velcro as I also found out that i don`t need it and it`s crowed enough in the suit:smiley-sw013: 

gGaeB9u.jpgfm8ugbH.jpg

Then is was the matter of attatching it to the undersuit, used glue to facilitate placement and it worked out:)

hLAmLks.jpg

Finished pruduct - did someone say Lord Vader:smiley-sw013:

eoL4IsY.jpg

• Like 5

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I also sewed my together, it's a lot easier to put on and troop in ;) 

That was my thought to, when thinking about it I was wondering why no one else seemed to be doing that, atleast not on any builds I read and I read alot of them...then I "found" Tony`s turtorial in the main TFA section and was like "aaahh":)

• Like 1

Worked on the shins and wanted to make them look as similar to the Anovos and CRL I traced a line trying the replicate that.

6ms6t6l.jpg

Made the cut and transfered it to the back piece, I´m glueing it with an overlap so drew another line, a glue-line if you will, and then cut the excess of (2nd pic below although it`s the left shin as I forgot to take a pic when doing the right)

ljF5l0b.jpg2QlsCop.jpg

Glued together

wQkobPG.jpgF37Cg1X.jpg

Then I trimmed the top sides, CRL seam is straighter at the bottom but it will do:smiley-sw013: (might trim the top a bit "flatter")

9oVvBSP.jpgDyTutOb.jpg

pAvpXRI.jpgXdjFOKp.jpg

The inside will be closed with velcro and instead of using overlap I chose to use a inner strip as velcro shelf, to me that would make the gap slightly less.

Here`s how i did the left shin but same applies for both. First I drew a line so it would follow the shape of the seam and then did another one further in, big enough to have  velcro on it and to be able to glue it to the inside of the shin.

cZlZw5y.jpgiSxmV67.jpg

Ready to be glued in, not perfect but it will get the job done - hopefully:P

sahC8Vx.jpg

Finished

7d565TX.jpg

Then taped and trimed it. 

s0EEZHn.jpgaDaww3v.jpg

For the right shins inner seam I used the cut-out from the left

BNjgTMR.jpg

Cut

fNelAKX.jpg

Transfered the line

KcVhhLM.jpg

Made the inner strip as described, taped together and trimmed

mrHAPPs.jpgkMdOcQw.jpg

The might need a bit of heat-persuasion to stay closed but I will find that out ones I put the velcro on after painting.

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 4

The left shin has a  clip greeble and two boxes on the outside and using the CRL pic I eye-balled the locations, the clip greeble also rest in a little indention (on the ANOVOS armor anyway) and I wanted to give that a go - probably won`t make any difference but I like to have it:smiley-sw013: Used the greeble to trace out the space and then used the dremmel and some sandpaper….was I worried about cutting to deep? naaah...that was my first thought, to cut all the way through and glue a backing piece and even the edges out with abs paste so just went for it. Not cutting all the way though.

muzU1qG.jpg

The two boxes are fixed just below and I shaped them to follow the contur of the armor and layed it in place to check against CRL.

jnf2fAK.jpgXdjFOKp.jpg

Works for me and I opted to simply weld them on, glued extra abs on the inside to ad the contact surface. Also marked them to avoid confusion.

cTdHGQU.jpg

And welded on and I did some shaping with a hairdryer to get the clip to bend just a tad, abs pasted the boxes to be seamless as per CRL.

e9LAvvx.jpg6ccAtf1.jpg

Sanded and ready for paint.

EXxmLUi.jpg

Some painted stuff :)

eEQ316a.jpg

• Like 4

The left shin has a  clip greeble and two boxes on the outside and using the CRL pic I eye-balled the locations, the clip greeble also rest in a little indention (on the ANOVOS armor anyway) and I wanted to give that a go - probably won`t make any difference but I like to have it:smiley-sw013: Used the greeble to trace out the space and then used the dremmel and some sandpaper….was I worried about cutting to deep? naaah...that was my first thought, to cut all the way through and glue a backing piece and even the edges out with abs paste so just went for it. Not cutting all the way though.
muzU1qG.jpg&key=e6c130f672b8a135616bf9a61d008798641bb9e5d513774f916eb9d640041c68

The two boxes are fixed just below and I shaped them to follow the contur of the armor and layed it in place to check against CRL.
jnf2fAK.jpg&key=ccc2372589bf2b46082fca237bef50306fda11346fa0334be27b2e3eaf7693c2XdjFOKp.jpg&key=81bb7333784a099761dac28051b331ae781ace161042ab466ff0b28a68273a13

Works for me and I opted to simply weld them on, glued extra abs on the inside to ad the contact surface. Also marked them to avoid confusion.
cTdHGQU.jpg&key=9991e43ef2cfed0ed7c09d8086f2077487132be0db9d769197bb71c7015cc9ff

And welded on and I did some shaping with a hairdryer to get the clip to bend just a tad, abs pasted the boxes to be seamless as per CRL.
e9LAvvx.jpg&key=f6d78b23233f061c3a8721a2469623d3aea6f740fd711802f05e66bb02d58eea6ccAtf1.jpg&key=392e361e923208266bb0c50fce79e6975d8c581236e15905cd8d71eea9d4ecd3

Sanded and ready for paint.
EXxmLUi.jpg&key=76185ca167a25346184c0e396f7d7806fa42afc1556efdc200615fabc843855a

Some painted stuff 
eEQ316a.jpg&key=3e1653a9c667f078a9cb4a279f9b44dbdf1e7e72101ab2786d83d318a11d98f7
Great build .your doing a great job.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Was sizing up the spats (boy they are ugly) when I realized I forgot the greeble on the right shin...so dremmel away and glue. wasn’t  finished with painting so that’s why I just glued it on.

H3DC3pQ.jpg

XPgHCCn.jpg

And the spats I planned for :smiley-sw013:

VOzgGCi.jpg

• Like 2

Thighs was next and like the shins I wanted to try and get the curve on the seams. Well tape is in the way you mor....:P yes that’s true but kind of hard to tape up from the inside when sizing, I could have taped from the inside after but it’s not that hard to trace the missing bits when you remove the tape:)

O1SwLJ9.jpg

1b1FHY5.jpg

Was going to glue the outer seam with a butt-joint but did an overlap instead, sanded the edges to smooth it out and will sand more later.

After the front piece was cut I transfered the lines to the back. Same method as with the shins.

V5EdPUC.jpg

Glued the left thigh and then used the cut-outs to trace out the right. As I had a piece to place as a guide I didn’t need the tape to Keep things together, I could also have taken the pieces apart but felt it would be easier to draw and see how it would look when put together so that’s why I did what I did.

5RFGptR.jpg

PEgVBlo.jpg

Compared to CRL - the overall shape of the thigh need shaping to look a bit more like the movie so for now I only looked att the curve.

EwQCmzd.jpg

OnXNsDp.jpg

dIlUxbR.jpg

JoLt4XX.jpg

Not perfect but atleast not just a straight line:)

Both thighs glued awaiting trimming

3sibCgX.jpg

• Like 1

Put the thighs aside for a moment and started on the ab boxes.

Here`s all the pieces laid ot and I managed to put the second from the left (as looking at it) upside down. The boxes need shaping so I´m using a contour tool for that.

WEc9CDF.jpg

I eye-balled the thicknes of the boxes by looking att screen shots and the Crl and used the first box (when I was happy with it) as a guide for the others so they are consistent, had started the shaping when I remebered to take a pic so that`s way the biggest box is already finished.

lNJohON.jpg

Here`s how they will be installed. Using a plastic screw and you drill a hole, insert the screw, put some glue on the head, put the box in place and then from the inside push the screw up to the box, I´m using super glue so hold for a few seconds and that`s it.

WA8oSXT.jpgh9pVvYV.jpg

Just in case I´ll be mixing some epoxy to cover the screw heads but not untill all boxes are done.

pua7EA2.jpg

And..some time later all boxes are trimmed, holes drilled and the screws in place. 

gWwJVYT.jpg

Using the method described one box at a time got done. 

0emWDHe.jpg

Extra glue added, ready to install.

ZkhbQ3B.jpg

Installed: Screws are obiously cut down on the inside unless you want to test your pain threshold:smiley-sw013:

yXHJJT6.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bud Spaklur said:

Just seeing this now. I’m very late to the party, here. Looks cool, Swede. Just keep adding to your army of costumes! ; )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to worry, the best is yet to come - and thanks, hoping to have this approved and ready for a convention-troop come mid november :)

• Like 1

On 10/7/2018 at 6:55 PM, TheSwede said:

Not to worry, the best is yet to come - and thanks, hoping to have this approved and ready for a convention-troop come mid november :)

By mid november I guess you mean Scifi Stockholm? Will be great to see you there. Maybe I need to bring my KB as well.

Been fidling with the shape of the thighs by looking at TFA scenes.....not quite there yet as I didn’t think it would be a good Idea to dremmel in the flat, using the tin snip was kind of pushing it:P but it’s a start:)

cyE6RMV.jpg

Byqp38p.jpg

L3a6RT6.jpg

QVUxNMn.jpg

iRhbJjO.jpg

Did some more trimming and sanding and I´m happy for now, going to see how it looks with the cod before doing more.

bottom before

EwQCmzd.jpg

After: not perfect but better, the angle of the pic is also different but it looks more like the Movie/CRL than before.

lUOYYDu.jpg

CRL

OnXNsDp.png

Top before

3sibCgX.jpg

After: dependig on were the cod end up I might tweek the inner swoop some more.

X2qsbqP.jpg

VnzBu9p.jpgDTsApnt.jpg

Time to install the holster, the 2 "lonely" screws are for the blaster. 

rMUcJuC.jpg

Per usuall I eye-balled were to Place the greeble and holster mount.

cE9fmNO.jpg

Felt it was to thick so sanded the mount and the resin wedge down a bit, just preference

Before

whK99QK.jpg

Ready to put together and also installed the blaster-screws

F7LrQv8.jpg

mQxNeIm.jpg

Ready for paint.

az8RLZ8.jpg

Yepp it works

TwEc3KS.jpg