TheSwede`s FOTK build [KB]

TheSwede

Decided to go with snaps for the chest/back side-closure as well, I know it’s not going to be as flush as velcro (think velcro is screen accurate) but wanted to give snaps a go first as I like how they work over velcro were you have to aligne it everytime you put it on. So....same procedur as last time gave this, should have used white webbing to prevent the black from showing in the gap but don’t have any so...

SJYNEvE.jpg

aaLVkoQ.jpg

Ks9Go9n.jpg

All snapped in, like the clean look of it from the inside

zWnREAC.jpg

7K1xdwf.jpg

krmO6dt.jpg

back view is fine but slightly from the side it could be better... but...some paint should fix that so be right back

wZDNclM.jpg

Zzmu2N2.jpg

aTRXMvq.jpg

• Like 1

As the paint dries I gave attention to the midsection and opposite from the OTTK:s that has openings to the sides, FOTK:s got one in the back and the sides get permanently closed with no visible seam, I have it sized and ready to be cut, I want it to taper some so I have made marks to the top and bottom so it`s time to split the difference

xVWnp0d.jpg

aqHy0cI.jpg

I made my cut mark by following the golden rule of "it`s easier to cut more of than to ad back on" to be on the safe side....and if all else fails...the TD would cover rather large gaps and that also comes in handy if I suddenly expands in the midsection:smiley-sw013:

YC1Lgi8.jpg

And done, the cut-offs will be used as inner strips to join the back to the ab

QWkWTxM.jpg

vucbpvQ.jpg

Time to go check on the paint:)

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

sanded the chest and back and setting it aside for now.

W2Z5q8c.jpg

xJrq7Jm.jpg

time to start with the side closure, it’s basicly an inner cover strip...going to clean them up a bit, sand and then glue.

9HlU0Tp.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

Got a little side-tracked...was about to glue the sides but made the conclusion that it would be easier to sand the parts separately so I started with that. But they are now glued.

t1zrhxD.jpgg9gQ8Xg.jpg

Also decided to close the back using snaps so drilled some holes, made som strapping, set some snaps and I think it will work.

LXLt7NW.jpgk3ZnI4j.jpgzsGsTdm.jpg

AavF9nV.jpg

And made the strapping for the cod

bFSEdhY.jpgops7Ork.jpg

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, wook1138 said:

Looking awesome Daniel!  Looks like a cool poster to replicate. ;)

Thanks and...I know just whom to ask;) Funny thing about that poster is that my wife gave it to me a few years back , I think when TFA premiered so it was during that time I felt likt "eeaahh" about the new Stormtroopers so I remember beeing polite and saying "I love it!" cause as I have mentioned on a few times, she couldn`t care less about Star Wars so it`s very loving of her to go and by stuff for me to clog up the apartment with, anyways….I didn`t like it much then but now I´m all "it`s so cool, it`s so cool, I wanna build one B) (yeah I´m a nerd^_^)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Coming together quite nicely. Really want to get one of those vests, but need armor first!

Thanks and yeah they are really cool and totally ads to the "wow-factor":) wish I had more patience to have an Anovos on order to but…...I hope they ship out soon so you can start a build:duim:

Btw did the samples arrive?

As I´m not a part of the rebel scum I have a good feeling about this:smiley-sw013:
at0Ls8x.jpg&key=6823220d8771379f8ddcc8216867ef4d2f766661b3028ffdbc5dd7dc6b38cd1b

Looking forward to replacing this poster with one on myself
7wDqjMc.jpg&key=12a190192d98f3099226df32261cd6b74b3d61e170f8de5399bc7c316f660341

Where did you get the black artillery vest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Thanks and yeah they are really cool and totally ads to the "wow-factor":) wish I had more patience to have an Anovos on order to but…...I hope they ship out soon so you can start a build:duim:

Btw did the samples arrive?

Me too.

(And yes, thanks.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrookKnight said:

They aren't too hard to make ;) https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/37947-qs-first-order-stormtrooper-vest-heavy-assault-trooper/

• Like 1

Nice work!! Everything is really coming together. Re the chest/back closure, I'm wondering if you can do a touch of heat bending to bring them together a bit more so that they're not pulling at the snaps - might make them sit a bit more flush.

22 hours ago, CrookKnight said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diversity props, you can find them on FB:duim:

5 hours ago, shashachu said:

Nice work!! Everything is really coming together. Re the chest/back closure, I'm wondering if you can do a touch of heat bending to bring them together a bit more so that they're not pulling at the snaps - might make them sit a bit more flush.

Thanks! And actually there’s not much tension at all, the gap is intentional as I figured that any were heat can escape is a good thing:)

qACzevc.jpg

The magnets finally arrived and it was time to close the lid on this:)

Here’s what I did: originally planned to have four magnets, one in each corner but soon realized that would be overkill, these suckers are strong! Well duh! You might say but I have never used any before...made all my suits with CA clue and plastic weld so never needed any before...so put two in the middle, up and down....glued then on the inside and place a stack on top to find were to put the ones on the lid

8FQfhTI.jpg

Placed the lid were I wanted it and put some magnets on

SDy2Nfe.jpg

When removing the magnets followed (not all but one would be enough) 

7HndxNv.jpg

And I could mark were to glue

lIuiq0c.jpg

Did the same fort he bottom and found that I hade to make a little something for it to work 

eSWnChm.jpg

Magnets all glued in

9P52Ocy.jpg

End result:) It’s not coming of easily and that made me think that although the vest could possible interfer the magnets still would hold the back pack on the back...testing it is!

LpcMvT4.jpg

Went ahead and glued some magnets, if it won’t work then no biggie as I have plans for the interior

P8PTui7.jpg

Magnets on the back aren’t glued yet as I haven’t confirmed the placement hightwise

ClAhZLM.jpg

It works! Yeey! Next challenge will be to include the vest but that’s for another day:)

x7zBGFu.jpg

UYqQxIi.jpg

eqYTpMs.jpg

oxAPyBz.jpg

FBSeigh.jpg

• Like 2

Well....when starting to try it on it become clear that more magnets were needed...alot more....I used all 50 in this project, who would have thought:blink: I’m going to be a walking magnetic field so Keep your phones and other devices well clear :D anyway...couldn’t find much quality reference as to how high up to mount it other than this and there’s no way I have that much space to the TD...I think I got the hight close enough though.

UedJ2J1.jpg

xiikGvM.jpg

Mine look more like the toy in terms of spacing or lack there of to the TD

MAfcKC0.jpg

And a front pic 

BpXBOy3.jpg

I shorten the straps to lift the vest up some more and here’s how it turned out, I would like it to sit more flush to the armor but with strapping alone this is as good as I could get it.

T9Iv09i.jpg

qc7xHDw.jpg

fjK0gZi.jpg

FpeZtTr.jpg

• Like 3

As I mentioned earlier I had some plans for the inside and for that I needed some cellfoam

fHJeVdm.jpg

After cutting and fitting is was time to remove the backing and I started by peeling a section off and then pushed it up towards the frame

ETstzUz.jpg

Then rolled it from the other end and got hold of the backing

QoWea6X.jpg

Then it was simply a matter of roling it, removing the backing as it Went

x39xolp.jpg

Magnets are still pretty visible

Go7YCi6.jpg

Now they`re not:)

logDx0q.jpg

I don`t like the waves of that top part so currently heating it with a hair dryer to try and straighten it some.

Ug92mkK.jpg

• Like 1

Time to make some strapping for the posterior plate

PN1qE4i.jpg

Center snap is for the belt

iZL7zKn.jpg

The belt will "rest" on this ledge so using that as a guide

LuVKgaO.jpg

3woHC0t.jpg

Simply but carefully set the plate up against the belt, you feel when it`s in place

fkx2jmM.jpg

Using a pen to mark the ends and glue them down, I only glued a little to begin with for those "just in case-moments"

J6s5BsY.jpgDhFXxnl.jpg

Time to test and all was good, feelt good and then glued the straps in full:)

VShl5mM.jpg

• Like 3