MandalorianHelm First TK Build (AP)

Had to travel out of province for friends wedding so progress was stopped for a bit.  Back at it now.  Shoulder bridges glued.  Tied elastic and clamped in the back to help keep them in line.  Hopefully won't move and that I used enough glue. 

BrrYdDP.jpg

QNd1JR8.jpg

• Like 1

I wasn’t happy with mine so I gave it a little heat on both sides and twisted and held until it cooled. Heat is one of things you have to be careful with though.

You can also cut a little notch under the front so it sits central over the cover strip.

Definately use as much securing as you can, tape, magnets, clamps ;) 

As Tony stated it’s perfectly acceptable

to be a little wonky :shok:

• Like 2

Just now, gmrhodes13 said:

I wasn’t happy with mine so I gave it a little heat on both sides and twisted and held until it cooled. Heat is one of things you have to be careful with though.

You can also cut a little notch under the front so it sits central over the cover strip.

Definately use as much securing as you can, tape, magnets, clamps ;) 

As Tony stated it’s perfectly acceptable

to be a little wonky :shok:

Thanks.  I wouldn't be as concerned except for the left side where it dropped a little bit.  Might give it one more go before applying heat.

Ammo pack installed.  After walking around for a bit, I think I am going to need to trip the top of the thighs. :( I tried walking up stairs with just the thighs on and it was a challenge.

Ree1a8T.jpg

p7G1u0L.jpg

Edited by MandalorianHelm

Walking up stairs in normally a challenge, if you can turn your legs out it can help. 

Some do do cut out sections in the rear of thighs and top of claves but I find I can deal with it, not often we use stairs ;) 

• Like 1

Yeah, few people can actually walk normally up the stairs.  Even at 6' I can't do it without having to go up a bit crab-ways.  I can run in armor at least, so there is that.  The truth is that with the legs you can either look great (not much black showing) or have fantastic mobility (have a lot of black showing).  Few get both.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MandalorianHelm said:

Looks like it may have shifted a little through the night.  Not sure tearing it apart and trying again will get any better unless I reshape the piece.  Thoughts?

Tr2sE6G.jpg

NrUWFwz.jpg

c50vP0W.jpg

Your Sniper plate is sitting as good as it can. The AP kit is impossible to mount with the ridges aligned at both sides without it sitting crooked. It look identical to mine and the other AP builds in my garrison or any other AP I have seen.

No one will ever notice once you are wearing the kit as it is not obvious unless the viewer is on their hands and knees and 1 foot away lol.

Great work on this build, very clean.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Your Sniper plate is sitting as good as it can. The AP kit is impossible to mount with the ridges aligned at both sides without it sitting crooked. It look identical to mine and the other AP builds in my garrison or any other AP I have seen.

No one will ever notice once you are wearing the kit as it is not obvious unless the viewer is on their hands and knees and 1 foot away lol.

Great work on this build, very clean.

Thanks for letting me know.  I could see this being a frustrating experience to modify and potentially damage the armour. :duim:  It did come apart however when i tried to walk in it for a bit so took it apart and tried again last night.  Hopefully stays this time.

9 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Yeah, few people can actually walk normally up the stairs.  Even at 6' I can't do it without having to go up a bit crab-ways.  I can run in armor at least, so there is that.  The truth is that with the legs you can either look great (not much black showing) or have fantastic mobility (have a lot of black showing).  Few get both.

Phew.  Ok that makes me feel much better. Thanks. :)

Loctite super glue, the key is to use only a very small amount, I glued them on while wearing the glove, put a tiny bit of glue in the center of the handguard and then presed it on the glove. When it had set I simply went over were the glove haden’t stuck with very small dabs of glue untill I was happy:duim:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Loctite super glue, the key is to use only a very small amount, I glued them on while wearing the glove, put a tiny bit of glue in the center of the handguard and then presed it on the glove. When it had set I simply went over were the glove haden’t stuck with very small dabs of glue untill I was happy:duim:

Awesome.  Thanks for the info. :duim:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Seem to be having some difficulty finding it locally.  Is there a similar alternative to the brand?  I did try gorilla but same result.  No bond at all.

9 minutes ago, MandalorianHelm said:

Seem to be having some difficulty finding it locally.  Is there a similar alternative to the brand?  I did try gorilla but same result.  No bond at all.

I’m at a lost on that one I’m afraid, only tryed the loctite and as worked like a charm I didn’t explore other alternatives. Mayby someone else can chime in but I know Mike from Trooperbay uses zap-a-gap or atleast did before:) 

7 minutes ago, CTID said:

Superglue, or CA glue should work fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I did try gorilla super glue but no luck.  Held it in place for a few minutes and no reaction. Maybe didn’t leave it long enough?

I did try gorilla super glue but no luck.  Held it in place for a few minutes and no reaction. Maybe didn’t leave it long enough?
Some of the gorilla stuff needs a spray of water to activate it. Maybe that?

2 hours ago, CTID said:

Some of the gorilla stuff needs a spray of water to activate it. Maybe that?

Mark from AP recommended this stuff which is an equivalent to Loctite works perfectly!  Highly recommended if you can’t find Loctite.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

FEAFC5F8-145A-4783-B579-82E1C0CE6A48.jpeg

Mark from AP recommended this stuff which is an equivalent to Loctite works perfectly!  Highly recommended if you can’t find Loctite.:th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:
FEAFC5F8-145A-4783-B579-82E1C0CE6A48.thumb.jpeg.cb74764a5b6f32682332c3ba1732cb10.jpeg

Agreed. I used the Loctite version of this and it worked like a charm. It’s a two step process. A little goes a long way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2