MandalorianHelm First TK Build (AP)

Hey everyone,

Pleasure to meet you all.

Just a bit of an introduction.  I am living in Prince Edward Island, Canada and have been a long time Starwars fan since a young age.  I was introduced to the 501st by a current member who lives close to me and could not be more excited to get things together. 

I have recently purchased my untrimmed TK armour from AP (Helmet Trimmed)  which was delivered last week and am very pleased with it so far.  I have since started to trim everything and am having alot of fun doing so.   Here it is unpacked.  :)

UuXbjMq.jpg

Edited by MandalorianHelm
uploaded image instead of link to image
  • Like 3

Hi Nick and welcome! Good luck on your build. If you have any questions as you progress, let us know! Photos are helpful for us helping you :). Keep us updated on your progress.

• Like 1

Welcome. I recently finished my AP armor and am really happy with it. I look forward to seeing your progress. Just take it one step at a time and take your time. You’ll be done before you know it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forearms are a bit snug at the top.  If my arms got any larger might end up being a problem after they are glued.  Bit of room inside and at the wrist.  I noticed on other AP builds the return edge has been removed for similar reasons.  Any advice?

Edited by MandalorianHelm

1 hour ago, MandalorianHelm said:

Forearms are a bit snug at the top.  If my arms got any larger might end up being a problem after they are glued.  Bit of room inside and at the wrist.  I noticed on other AP builds the return edge has been removed for similar reasons.  Any advice?

The tops of the forearms are shaped funny.  You could give it a hot bath to reshape, but trimming the return edge is the easiest fix and it will make the forearms much more comfortable to wear for long troops.  Removing the return edge is approved at all levels. 

Your build is looking very good.  Nice work!

• Like 1