GilesWoodward Requesting Pre-approval Review (Anovos)

Hi Troopers,

Looking forward to hearing your feedback.

I am hoping to take this build all the way to L3 (Centurion).

Thank in advance,

Giles

1. Giles Woodward

2. Canada: Badlands Garrison

3. Anovos Armor

4. Anovos Helmet

5. Rob Kittell Belt (Imperial Issue)

6. Anovos Neck Seal

7. TK Boots

11. 5' 11"

13. TK ANH Stunt

14. Wook1138

+ JustJoseph flexible hand guards are glued to my rubber gloves

5pEm6pT.jpg

lbx0EeF.jpg

iqXsa7E.jpg

KtFwzGp.jpg

mfosmlm.jpg

tAa1KcA.jpg

wVToxoF.jpgg0Jbn1l.jpg

Pass!........................ ..NEXT!!

Great job! Definitely a pass no problem. 

When you go for EIB Joseph will say tuck that belt a little higher and get them drop boxes out to edge of plastic belt. I won't say it!:laugh1:

Well done Future Trooper!:duim:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Looks great Giles!  Hey @Pyrates , do you not agree?  :P

Couple of minor things needed for L2/L3, but basic is an easy pass. 

Thanks Greg!

Looking forward to finding out what the minor L2/L3 fixes are?

6 hours ago, magni said:

Pass!........................ ..NEXT!!

Great job! Definitely a pass no problem. 

When you go for EIB Joseph will say tuck that belt a little higher and get them drop boxes out to edge of plastic belt. I won't say it!:laugh1:

Well done Future Trooper!:duim:

Thanks for the tips Randy!

Looking superb! Easy basic by the looks of it.

Just two simple changes I’d suggest for a little more accuracy, neither of which will affect clearance (by the looks of the CRL).

The smaller ab button appears to have all of its return edge. This could be cut away to leave a flat plate.

1c9478966d235bd5dd6b3ef95cf0c251.jpg

The only other thing is totally optional, but you could extend the frown paint beyond the un-drilled 5th hope if you wanted to. Example below.

79d314886107b441d380714312efc20e.png

You’ve made a great job of fitting the armour to your frame and you wear it really well. Great job.

Dan

• Like 2

10 hours ago, magni said:

Am I getting a reputation here, lol?! :laugh1:

This should be an easy pass for basic, so any suggestions below (along with Randy's mention of the drop boxes and belt) will pertain to level 3.

Dan is spot on about the helmet frown and small ab button plate. ..  those will need to be fixed before you reach level 3.  Side note:  I did the exact same thing with both my small and large ab button plates on my first build.  :(

I would also suggest trimming down the return edge at the top your left thigh.

wjinyDZ.jpg?1

I can't tell from the photo, but your TD plate may be a bit low.  The O ring should be facing more toward the top.

Reference image

8y0gVvv.jpg?1

Lastly, the frown mesh will need to be replaced.  Anovos is still using the fine mesh, and it needs to be wider, as in Dan's reference photo above.  

Fantastic job on that armor, Giles, and once you get basic approval I look forward to seeing your EI submission!

• Like 2

If I may, just off the glance, you may want to pull your biceps up a little and tuck them under the shoulder. Besides that and everything else stated, your armor looks great, looking forward to your EIB and Centurion submission

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Looking superb! Easy basic by the looks of it.

Just two simple changes I’d suggest for a little more accuracy, neither of which will affect clearance (by the looks of the CRL).

The smaller ab button appears to have all of its return edge. This could be cut away to leave a flat plate.

1c9478966d235bd5dd6b3ef95cf0c251.jpg

The only other thing is totally optional, but you could extend the frown paint beyond the un-drilled 5th hope if you wanted to. Example below.

79d314886107b441d380714312efc20e.png

You’ve made a great job of fitting the armour to your frame and you wear it really well. Great job. emoji1303.png

Dan

Dan, I can't believe I missed cutting the return edge off the small button plate. Good to have Troopers watching my back : ) I will for sure make those changes. Thanks for the great advice. Giles

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Am I getting a reputation here, lol?! :laugh1:

This should be an easy pass for basic, so any suggestions below (along with Randy's mention of the drop boxes and belt) will pertain to level 3.

Dan is spot on about the helmet frown and small ab button plate. ..  those will need to be fixed before you reach level 3.  Side note:  I did the exact same thing with both my small and large ab button plates on my first build.  :(

I would also suggest trimming down the return edge at the top your left thigh.

wjinyDZ.jpg?1

I can't tell from the photo, but your TD plate may be a bit low.  The O ring should be facing more toward the top.

Reference image

8y0gVvv.jpg?1

Lastly, the frown mesh will need to be replaced.  Anovos is still using the fine mesh, and it needs to be wider, as in Dan's reference photo above.  

Fantastic job on that armor, Giles, and once you get basic approval I look forward to seeing your EI submission!

Joseph,

Thank you for all the great feedback! I'm very excited about finally getting a basic TK# and joining the 501st.

Plus I'm eager to get these L2 & L3 feedback changes started:

1. BELT : How much do I need to nudge the belt up, and, how would I do that? Is my only option to remove and re-drill the snaps in the ab plate?

2. DROP BOXES : I think I can tweak those a little. It's maybe just a matter of gluing them on both sides of the elastic loops.

3. HELMET FROWN: I'm all over this one, and expected this particular feedback.

4. SMALL AB BUTTON PLATE : Ive got this too! Can't believe I missed that. Good to know as a noob you missed that also!

5. THIGH TOP RETURN EDGES : I'll also take a look at the tops of those thighs

6. TD PLATE : I've just checked and yes it is perhaps a little low. Should be an easy fix, if I can get that plate off!

7. FROWN MESH : Did you mean the HOVIS mesh or the black mesh behind the frown (teeth)? I've included a close up photo of the newer Hovis mesh from Anovos. Is this still too fine?

H3oLgb1.jpg

Again thanks for the encouragement on the build Jospeh and the awesome feedback!

Hopefully catch you in EIB soon!

1 hour ago, Commander Gree said:

If I may, just off the glance, you may want to pull your biceps up a little and tuck them under the shoulder. Besides that and everything else stated, your armor looks great, looking forward to your EIB and Centurion submission

Great eyes! Yes I think they had slipped a little - Time to get those biceps hooks glued in place I think.

Thanks Jordan.

To answer your new questions. 

For the belt About 1/4" up. So the plastic portion of the belt is hitting just below your bottom button. 

Hovi tips. Just a lil white paint on the outer edge. 

For the frown mesh i used window screen, doubled up. 

Easy pass for basic approval. Good job

• Like 1

Great work done on this armor, Giles!  All thumbs up :jc_doublethumbup:

Just wanted to mention something that has not yet been stated: the white spaces between the teeth. Do you think you can carefully trim this with a key file to be more square?

Not sure if the current look would cause any issues with the higher levels. I just noticed it when looking at your helmet.

18 hours ago, GilesWoodward said:

tAa1KcA.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GilesWoodward said:

Great eyes! Yes I think they had slipped a little - Time to get those biceps hooks glued in place I think.

Thanks Jordan.

Yeah, I had to give my biceps a hot water bath last night to reshape them, the AM armor is great but was a little oval, so while I was there I made the hooks and installed them. I am hoping I did that right lol. Its super easy to do though so shouldn't be any issue for you to knock out

• Like 1

2 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Great work done on this armor, Giles!  All thumbs up :jc_doublethumbup:

Just wanted to mention something that has not yet been stated: the white spaces between the teeth. Do you think you can carefully trim this with a key file to be more square?

Not sure if the current look would cause any issues with the higher levels. I just noticed it when looking at your helmet.

Thanks for the feedback  Tino!

Yeah, I wasn't that happy with the white spaces between the teeth either. 

2 hours ago, DamnitDavid said:

To answer your new questions. 

For the belt About 1/4" up. So the plastic portion of the belt is hitting just below your bottom button. 

Hovi tips. Just a lil white paint on the outer edge. 

For the frown mesh i used window screen, doubled up. 

Easy pass for basic approval. Good job

Thanks for the tips David.

What's the best (least intrusive) way to move the belt up 1/4"?

Cheers!

4 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Just wanted to mention something that has not yet been stated: the white spaces between the teeth. 

Great call on that, Tino!  I have found the best way to do the teeth is to invest 4 bucks in a needle file set from Lowe's, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-6-Piece-Needle-File-Set/4777067.  It comes with an assortment of files that can do the trick.  If you have no further use for them after that, you can sell or loan them to someone in your Squad/Garrison that is doing a build.

And yes, I meant the hovi-tip mesh, lol.  I blame that on it being 4 a.m. and not having my diet Mountain Dew fix yet.:(  BUT.. it seems Anovos has changed their hovi-tip mesh and the one that is shown will be just dandy!

1 hour ago, GilesWoodward said:

What's the best (least intrusive) way to move the belt up 1/4"?

You may be able to add a 4 or 5 inch strip of heavy duty Velcro to the center part of your belt.

For the TD plate, I would suggest popping the entire thing in the freezer for about an hour.  This will stiffen the glue (hopefully you used E-6000) and it should pop off fairly easily.

The drop boxes will be a super easy fix by adding a dab of E-6000 on the inside of the loop as you mentioned.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Great call on that, Tino!  I have found the best way to do the teeth is to invest 4 bucks in a needle file set from Lowe's, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Project-Source-6-Piece-Needle-File-Set/4777067.  It comes with an assortment of files that can do the trick.  If you have no further use for them after that, you can sell or loan them to someone in your Squad/Garrison that is doing a build.

And yes, I meant the hovi-tip mesh, lol.  I blame that on it being 4 a.m. and not having my diet Mountain Dew fix yet.:(  BUT.. it seems Anovos has changed their hovi-tip mesh and the one that is shown will be just dandy!

You may be able to add a 4 or 5 inch strip of heavy duty Velcro to the center part of your belt.

For the TD plate, I would suggest popping the entire thing in the freezer for about an hour.  This will stiffen the glue (hopefully you used E-6000) and it should pop off fairly easily.

The drop boxes will be a super easy fix by adding a dab of E-6000 on the inside of the loop as you mentioned.

Thanks for taking the time to provide some amazing advice and fix tips Joseph!!!

Most appreciated : )

10 hours ago, GilesWoodward said:

Thanks for taking the time to provide some amazing advice and fix tips Joseph!!!

Most appreciated : )

My pleasure, Giles.  I will be looking for your EI submission as soon as you get your 501st approval!

Speaking of which, the first thing you should do after you get your official TK# is to request Trooper Status here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

• Like 1

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

My pleasure, Giles.  I will be looking for your EI submission as soon as you get your 501st approval!

Speaking of which, the first thing you should do after you get your official TK# is to request Trooper Status here:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/16-501st-trooper-status-requests-include-link-to-your-501st-profile-in-your-request/

Thank You! I'm looking forward to these next few steps!

That is one fine-looking TK you have there!  I believe basic approval is in the bag, and the minor tweaks listed above if you're interested in EIB/Centurion.  (Why not?!)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Looking great. Aces for level 1, as others have said.

One suggestion, and this is strictly for wearability while trooping. It looks to me like you should shorten your chest to ab straps...when you raise your arms your chest is almost coming above your ab plate. While trooping like that, you can almost count on your chest plate occasionally ending up underneath your ab plate, and you won't even realize it.

Again, great job!

• Like 1