TK-87109 Reporting for Duty

Hello all! I received my TK ID a couple weeks ago but totally forgot to post here until now. Thanks for the reminder @Twosolitudes

If Only You Knew:

-        No matter how much you budget to spend, make sure you add some additional cushion. While there are ways to save money, this project adds up!

-        Be patient. With everything. I started out rushing and made some sloppy/careless mistakes. Research EVERYTHING, multiple times. If in doubt, ask and wait for an answer.

Oops!:

-        I goofed up big time on my thighs (see above about being patient) and created far more work for myself than was necessary. However, I was able to salvage them through the help and feedback of others. See my build thread for details: 

Shout Outs:

-       Thank you to Frank75139, Neb Sgird, ABS80, lucnak, wook1138, TheSwede, gmrhodes13, justjoseph63, GilFran007, and Twosolitudes.

I'm looking forward to many troops to come. My first official troop looks like it will be August 4th at a benefit for a little boy recently diagnosed with cancer. I'm stoked that it will be for such a great cause! My church is also having a Dave and Busters themed game night on August 3rd that I plan to make an appearance at. I figure it will be a good way to troubleshoot and feel out an event/working a crowd before I do anything official. 

• Like 2

Congrats on your approval, Jameson!  Hope to see you remain active here on the FISD and share your TK knowledge... "Troopers helping Troopers".  :jc_doublethumbup:

Welcome Jameson!

I think a lot of us experienced that “trooper’s bloopers “moment, “like, man why did I do that?”

Part of the fun and learning process! 

don’r forget to request Detachment access if you haven’t already done so.

Congrats again, Jameson. Good luck on your first troop! You'll definitely find some things that need to be adjusted or modded for comfort/mobility.