Manbehindthemask's ANH stunt build thread (RS props)

BBB day has arrived! ...about four weeks ago. :laugh1: Didn't have a chance to post anything earlier. Better late than never!

20180604_120136.jpg

resize.jpg

P.S. Bear with me while I try and figure out this picture uploading process. 

Edited by Manbehindthemask
  • Like 3

Nice! Congrats on that BBB! Good luck with your build! Post photos and ask questions and we'll help you on your journey to joining the 501st!

Hey Ryan, awesome choice going with RS :duim:

2 hours ago, Manbehindthemask said:

P.S. Bear with me while I try and figure out this picture uploading process. 

Imgur works great for posting pics (direct link):salute:

• Like 2

Happy BBB day mate! Looking forward to your build! :)

If you still need help about how to post images, you can check this thread : https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42381-howto-post-images-in-threads-using-imgur-easy/ .

Thanks guys!

Okay, lets start this build thread off right and show off my helmet. Bought the kit a few months back and only intended to own a helmet, but quickly decided that a full set of armor was in order. I took very few pictures during the build process, and this is all ive got. I mainly used Trooperbay's videos as a build guide for this. 

F8phaZGl.jpg

ZWHaKtXl.jpg

PtOKT1Hl.jpg

fHakRmGl.jpg

6Xz1MYJl.jpg

dAQSCiHl.jpg

BXgXtAfl.jpg

• Like 1

Alright, so. First order of business was to get a feel for cutting and trimming the plastic. So I figured that the best place to start was the ab plate buttons. easy, small pieces that are pretty hard to mess up. What really surprised me was that the buttons came painted fresh out of the box. Thanks Rob and Simon! :duim:

Plan on piecing together the thermal detonator next...

mSpNxrsl.jpg

MI6FMzUl.jpg

6NFiiXfl.jpg

• Like 1

Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th of July! So this week off from work has proved to be a very productive one. Managed to get the torso-ab-back-kidney-butt plates assembled with the strapping kit from Imperial boots. (Those Trooperbay videos really come in handy for this) Also pieced together the thermal detonator. My main question at this point is the accuracy of the screws that RS props builds their detonators with. Are they passable for centurion? Because they don't quite look like pan head screws? (last pic) 

ZljSlBul.jpg?1

MK2Y7WDl.jpg?1

ZfakoZol.jpg

QLfSdAOl.jpg

OmKhNWbl.jpg

Ydlrd9Il.jpg

0Be1mJNl.jpg

^The screw heads in question^

Some fitment pics. I am 5'11 ish and 165 pounds (i need to workout):laugh1:

qCcU5JFl.jpg

Might have to heat up and shape the butt plate a bit so it hugs my rump a little better.

QZp6PkAl.jpg

AnbfFOwl.jpg

The bottom elastic strap is being pulled pretty tight and its tricky to get it snapped, but I feel like once i get the belt all built and attached this gap will close up.

ZbXGTU2l.jpg

9IVI3s9l.jpg

Another question i have is if the back plate is sitting too low? Should i re-glue the white elastic shoulder straps to tighten em up ?

Added comments
  • Like 2

Looks great :duim:

#1 Yes the TD screws need to be replaced for EIB and Centurion as they are not pan head.

#2 Butt plate looks to be good to go, although the pic is a bit dark so it’s hard to say for sure.

#3 great side closure and yes the belt will make it perfect.

#4 I would also reglue the shoulder strap making the back come closer to your body.

Keep up the great work Trooper:salute:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 1

UPDATE! So the RS hand plates served as a great base to make some latex hand guards. All I really needed to do was build up the some of the soft edges with some bondo and super glue paste hardened with baking soda. After a little spot filling, sanding, and filing I managed to get most of the details sharpened up.

diOGHhLl.jpg

XoL8zCsl.jpg

K2KR98Cl.jpg

After that I made a Ultrical-30 (mask making plaster) mold and filled with a thick layer of white latex mask paint, and filled the rest of the way with latex. Ultrical is amazing at drawing out moisture from latex, but to speed up the process i tossed the mold into the oven (180 degrees for an hour or so) These were fully cured by the next day. 

DwuJM4cl.jpg

dgcIsnil.jpg

8npXk1ql.jpg

rarvEK4l.jpg

Think they came out pretty dang good if I do say so myself!

• Like 1

On 7/6/2018 at 9:33 PM, TK-34288 said:

Yes, Daniel is spot on in my opinion. Here is also a link for those TD screws. Nice job so far.

Whoops, too bad I didn't see this yesterday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ordered a few on the flea-bay. and by a few I mean 25 :explodingemotie:

On 7/11/2018 at 7:34 PM, Manbehindthemask said:

UPDATE! So the RS hand plates served as a great base to make some latex hand guards. All I really needed to do was build up the some of the soft edges with some bondo and super glue paste hardened with baking soda. After a little spot filling, sanding, and filing I managed to get most of the details sharpened up.

diOGHhLl.jpg

XoL8zCsl.jpg

K2KR98Cl.jpg

After that I made a Ultrical-30 (mask making plaster) mold and filled with a thick layer of white latex mask paint, and filled the rest of the way with latex. Ultrical is amazing at drawing out moisture from latex, but to speed up the process i tossed the mold into the oven (180 degrees for an hour or so) These were fully cured by the next day. 

DwuJM4cl.jpg

dgcIsnil.jpg

8npXk1ql.jpg

rarvEK4l.jpg

Think they came out pretty dang good if I do say so myself!

Awesome to see this! Really good job!

• 2 weeks later...

Okay okay. let me preface this by saying that I really intended to be more thorough with this build thread. I felt pretty confident with the techniques, reference materials and the things ive learned. i just kind of barreled through the rest what i had to build and all of a sudden i was pretty much finished.

Would you guys be able to tell me how you think it looks? I will for sure make a post in the pre-approval page. 

UxBeWJB.jpg

p6J1RZF.jpg

XbvVetH.jpg

E94lvWf.jpg

iwZZa8a.jpg

ZWdJpub.jpg

gDo5oN3.jpg

larger pics
  • Like 1

Wow! Excellent job, Ryan.

From the pictures you’ve provided, it looks like a clear shot for basic, probably EIB and with some more detailed photos, not a long way from Centurion. (Might already be there but we’d need more detailed photos for that. :-)

Just two small dressing issues for me - easy fix.

I’d say, try to rotate the thighs to line up with your shins:

fe65bac62de0097bb0d05c49854d735a.jpg

And try to line up the closing of the calves a little more:

f9af7c64c9d6e9476ac563cd9a4735ba.png

Top job, Ryan. Beautiful armour!!

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1