First Build: ANOVOS ANH TK Build Thread

Erice3339

2 hours ago, wook1138 said:

Depending on the surface (how rough it is), you may have to wet-sand it down with wet/dry sandpaper or polishing clothes (usually found at hardware stores in the automotive section). 

I'll end up getting a polishing cloth. I ordered the Novus product you recommended earlier today. Thank you for your input. 

2 hours ago, Novak Dimon said:

You can use Novus 123 polish. It is well known here for great results. 

Bought the full set for the three different bottles/levels of polish. I am glad to hear that it generally produces good results. I'll probably practice on a scrap piece first.

Since I do not have much experience with polish, will the polish contradict/damage/remove the finish that comes with Anovos plastic? In other words, when I polish the damaged area, do I need to be careful not to get any on the surrounding, undamaged area? I wouldn't think so but better safe than sorry. Thanks!

There is no finish you can damage or remove. It is all simple ABS. 

I would be careful while wet sanding the damaged area because everything you sand needs to be polished afterwards. 

Once you use the level 3 polish it makes sense to include the surrounding area to remove any borders. 

1 hour ago, Novak Dimon said:

There is no finish you can damage or remove. It is all simple ABS. 

I would be careful while wet sanding the damaged area because everything you sand needs to be polished afterwards. 

Once you use the level 3 polish it makes sense to include the surrounding area to remove any borders. 

Good to know. The damaged area is pretty smooth (since I’ve sanded already). I’ll just apply the levels of Novus and hope for the best.  

Like I said, I’ll probably take a scrap piece, splash some acetone on it, and practice a little bit. 

PlwR7UQ.jpg

After 6 days, 21 hours, and 12 minutes since BBB day, I have completed my first 501st costume. I’m already thinking about the next kit (Scout Trooper). For the moment, that’s neither here nor there. 

As for this kit, it took alot of careful research, handling, and assembly. I’m pretty proud of it. Thank you to all of those here who contributed to the build. It truly would not have been possible without you all. For the Empire!

Note: In this photo, the hand guards aren’t glued. I just put some velcro on them temporarily. I have other plans for them.

Edited by Erice3339
  • Like 1