Twosolitudes Requesting Pre Approval Review (AP)

Name: Robert Rabey

Future Garrison: Canadian Garrison

Armor Maker: AP

Helmet Maker: AP

Cloth Belt Maker: AP

Neck Seal Maker: Darmans Props

Boot Maker: Imperial Boots

Height: 5’ 10”

Weight: 175 lbs

TK Type: (ANH Stunt)

I had no direct help (in person) with this build, but would like to gratefully acknowledge the support, encouragement, and helpful build threads of the following members (to name but a few):

Willeywonka, Wook1138, Neb Sgird, gmrhodes13, TheSwede, Lucnak, Hollow-bodies, FencingCorvetteTrooper, CableGuy, Pretzel, CoatHanger, JenEcho, Suspend, ABS80, Ukswrath.

DZnln5p.jpg

NMCgxBm.jpg

NbzCmW8.jpg

35rmNL2.jpg

WcCSRJ7.jpg

Dhjmess.jpg

qhvYvzn.jpg

xsIDK4c.jpg

Thank you for for your time and consideration!

Rob

Edited by Twosolitudes
Clarification of “direct help”: No one else worked on this armour with me. I did receive suggestions and help via the forum from the mentioned parties.
  • Like 3

Hello Robert, great looking armor you have! I'd say you should get basic approval easily. They will, however, ask you to provide a shot of you in armor without the helmet on. 

I also notice that it looks like you are aiming for EI and Centurion, which is great! The one thing I can tell from the pictures is the cover strips on your calf armor is a bit too long. They shouldn't overlap the upper ledge.

NMCgxBm.jpg.5c26a5243667e29bde9dc3894124687d.jpg

gallery_14191_22_57630_1.jpg

• Like 2

Overall a GREAT job on that armor, Robert!  You should have no major issues getting basic approval, and I think I see a Centurion badge in your future should you (hopefully) consider that option!  Awesome work on those ab/kidney connections and belt placement, btw.  :duim:

A few small items I would suggest for future reference are:

1.  Make sure the knot in the white elastic on your shoulder bridges is on the inside.

2.  Fix the back of the calves as Asa noted.

Although it won't affect approval at any level, you should think about removing the return edges on the tops of your calves in the front.  The reasons being is that those sharp edges can (and will) tear holes in your undersuit, and they can cause serious chafing on longer troops...trust me, lol.  (It's also screen accurate).

It looks as if you will have the room to do this without the tops becoming too loose.

Reference image

yGt221V.jpg?1                   Dza0b9a.jpg?1

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Overall a GREAT job on that armor, Robert!  You should have no major issues getting basic approval, and I think I see a Centurion badge in your future should you (hopefully) consider that option!  Awesome work on those ab/kidney connections and belt placement, btw.  :duim:

A few small items I would suggest for future reference are:

1.  Make sure the knot in the white elastic on your shoulder bridges is on the inside.

2.  Fix the back of the calves as Asa noted.

Although it won't affect approval at any level, you should think about removing the return edges on the tops of your calves in the front.  The reasons being is that those sharp edges can (and will) tear holes in your undersuit, and they can cause serious chafing on longer troops...trust me, lol.  (It's also screen accurate).

It looks as if you will have the room to do this without the tops becoming too loose.

Reference image

yGt221V.jpg?1                   Dza0b9a.jpg?1

Thanks Joseph, much appreciated! 

I’d been on the fence about those return edges, but their hours are numbered now. :lol:

I think this is an easy pass for basic as well! Maybe you could heat your shoulder bridges to curve down a little more or move the elastics even further down? They are not quite following the curve of the back plate in your photos. Think everything else has been covered. Looking good!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lucnak said:

I think this is an easy pass for basic as well! Maybe you could heat your shoulder bridges to curve down a little more or move the elastics even further down? They are not quite following the curve of the back plate in your photos. Think everything else has been covered. Looking good!

Thanks Luc!

4 hours ago, lucnak said:

I like this feedback. Pouring boiling water over them, while they're weighted down with a plastic clamp or something, is the easiest and safest way to do this...no danger of turning it into liquid. LOL

Looking great trooper, and fellow Canadian!

• Like 1

Basic is a slamdunk - great job:duim: 

I echo the suggestions from my fellow Troopers and adding just a small bit for that clean Stormtrooper-look and that would be to check the left shoulder bell that has a slightly bigger gap than the right which btw is perfect:salute:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, menschie said:

I like this feedback. Pouring boiling water over them, while they're weighted down with a plastic clamp or something, is the easiest and safest way to do this...no danger of turning it into liquid. LOL

Looking great trooper, and fellow Canadian!

Thanks Colin! I'll give this a try. :duim:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Basic is a slamdunk - great job:duim: 

I echo the suggestions from my fellow Troopers and adding just a small bit for that clean Stormtrooper-look and that would be to check the left shoulder bell that has a slightly bigger gap than the right which btw is perfect:salute:

Thanks Daniel! Yeah, I've been wrestling with that shoulder bell... I'll get it eventually. ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, willeywonka said:

Woop woop. Looks awesome. Isn’t that feeling when you first suit up amazing!? Can’t wait to call you an official brother at arms soon!

It is! Looking forward to getting out to a troop sometime.

Congrats on getting the TK designation! Do you have your number? 

4 minutes ago, willeywonka said:

Yep. TK 87109. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! Looking forward to that myself. You should sound off in the Newly Approved members threads.

Am I correct in guessing that’s a significant date in 1987?

2 hours ago, Twosolitudes said:

Nice! Looking forward to that myself. You should sound off in the Newly Approved members threads.

Am I correct in guessing that’s a significant date in 1987?

Dude, thanks for the reminder! I totally forgot to do that haha. And yes, it's a rendition of my birth date: 10/09/87.

• Like 1

Back of the calves are fixed

k8XH0px.jpg

Trimmed the front return edges off of the thighs... much nicer!

zmCmgAf.jpg

and a pic “sans bucket” :D

ejF3be1.jpg

I’ve also trimmed the large tab off the back of the bridges and then shaped them with some hot water to get them to rest closer to the back plate (sorry, no pic).

Going to work on the shoulder bells some more to close the gap between them and the chest plate.

• Like 1