Ensi's ANH Stunt Build [ATA] With Centurion in mind!

Ensi

5 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

Those traps look amazing!! Great work! I'm also impressed by how well you can clean up that bleeding around the stencil edges. That would scare me stiff. Gives me hope!

Thank you! The trick I used was to lightly score the semi-hardened paint with a blade, then use the back of the blade to scrape away the outline.  Scraped away everything else with a toothpick and cotton swabs :) You can do it!

4 hours ago, CableGuy said:

That bucket is looking tasty!! :-)

That’s one beautiful belt, too. Burkbench use about 8 layers of fabric to build that up, if I remember correctly. Lovely craftsmanship.

Keep up the great work. :-)

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Beautiful work on the helmet and yes those belts are spectacular looking.

Thanks guys! Might have to bend my TD clips more because it's so big lol.

2 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Looks like we`re belt-buddies as well as Garrison:D Mine is TM but they seem to be equally familiar with screen accuracy:)

And name buddies too! B) Are you me?

A bit late now but a tip to help with bleed through is paint white first, then if it bleeds it’s not as noticeable, nice work on the paint job

• Like 1

Helmet finished (except the fancy internals) :D

vhttU9h.jpg

3lqv6uZ.jpg

dKbF5fD.jpg

62Ss8rk.jpg

Belt assembly finished, had some trouble with a bad rivet gun but nothing a dremel can't fix. Rivet into snap and snaps on the holster for ease of transportation.

MJSimwi.jpg

leDkeLT.jpg

(Note: this is a mirrored shot, my holster is on the left side as it should be :duim:)

4lZpsih.jpg

Drop-box loops curing. I can do it in this order because my ABS belt is snapped to the cloth belt.

MhvHecK.jpg

TD panel curing until tomorrow

3G6nDrH.jpg

Ab buttons. I originally bought a circle cutter for making my own masking templates but said oh heck it and went freehand.

cYJ5FVr.jpg

And the last little detail.. Which I saved for last.. The white elastic band for the shoulder bridges :)

vAPFXpR.jpg

Next post will probably be approval pictures :D And then on to EIB and Centurion :) 

• Like 1

Approval photos sent in! Let me know if you notice anything that could hold me back from basic/EIB/Centurion :D 

KL5eozp.jpg

jhxsSUZ.jpg

P1y82zS.jpg

x0wfiJD.jpg

MZC7XAz.jpg

eM5tH9U.jpg

dOj1a69.jpg

msq442R.jpg

S0zpS9p.jpg

I'll have to make the bracket/slot system for the kidney->ab sides to make them stay put. Also maybe lower forearms a bit I think.

• Like 3

Is your canvas belt narrower than your ABS belt? Only other thing I can see if you will probably want to lower your forearms to even out the black space at the elbow and in the gap between forearm and handplate. Otherwise, looking real good!

16 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Looking good so far. Won't know any more about the approval until you submit and we review it.

Thanks Tony. I'll have them in as soon as I get basic and my E-11 from Praetorian :D

14 hours ago, Frank75139 said:

Nicely done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Nice job, Daniel. Good luck with clearance. :duim:

Thanks guys! :D Walking around with this ABS suit was SOOOO much different from walking around in my fibreglass Jimmiroquai TFA :shok:

44 minutes ago, lucnak said:

Is your canvas belt narrower than your ABS belt? Only other thing I can see if you will probably want to lower your forearms to even out the black space at the elbow and in the gap between forearm and handplate. Otherwise, looking real good!

The forearms can be adjusted more downwards as I sewed velcro onto the bicep->forearm elastic :D And I agree with that, they could come down. I also sanded the branding off the gloves (barely visible in the photos).

My ABS belt is just a smidge wider than my cloth belt luckily. I trimmed the ABS belt further when building as I saw from reference they were very close to the boxes. Not exactly the sizes I was hoping for but it works I think :)

yIK9SfJ.jpg

Edited by Ensi
  • Like 1

Thanks all!! :D 

Next task is making the torso tab/lock system and also lengthen my TD strips a bit as the white panel isn't facing upwards enough it seems. Thoughts?

lh7trCr.jpg

Already have suitable material so can give it a go this sunday :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ensi said:

Thanks all!! :D 

Next task is making the torso tab/lock system and also lengthen my TD strips a bit as the white panel isn't facing upwards enough it seems. Thoughts?

lh7trCr.jpg

Already have suitable material so can give it a go this sunday :) 

Yours isn't bad at all but you can twist the TD up onto the clips if you wish. Pick an angle

Here's a few reference photos

RS%20full%20rear.jpggallery_12157_11_577038-cropc.jpg525320808_TDangle.JPG.6616146b8d48238fc79ebe7e0b11900b.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the help in this build, I really appreciate it!

I'm struggling to get Praetorian Blasters to ship my ANH E-11, so I can't apply for level 2/3 yet. In the meantime i've been trooping and have done some adjustments in preparation for the applications.

First fix is the shoulder-bells. I think they are really small for me, but I can make it work. Here you can see the elastic being pulled out, exposing a huge gap:

Pretty cool pic tho!

0KHSbvJ.jpg

yes i'm using a borrowed ESB E-11 please don't kill me

The fix was replacing the chest to back shoulder elastic with white polyester webbing. I also moved the snap on the shoulderbell and removed all return edge to make them sit better.

RupRcBm.jpg

Looks like there is return edge left but it's just the super thick ATA plastic :D

90vaccy.jpg

And maybe a minor detail, but when I painted the outermost tooth I slipped and ended up painting over the last un-cut tooth. Gonna remove that little bit of paint to make it more like the reference pics i've seen.

NSaZvhz.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheSwede said:

JwBS9xJ.jpg

I have another version of that pic showing mostly unpainted, I guess both can roll  :dancing-trooper: still not used to this whole "put together haphazardly" thing :D 

• Like 1