Ensi's ANH Stunt Build [ATA] With Centurion in mind!

Ensi

That's looking REALLY nice, Daniel. Keep up the good work. :duim:
Thanks man! Hopefully the momentum will pick back up soon
This reminds me of something...I wonder what it could be....

:smiley-sw013:
iWCwbvu.jpg&key=d2c076ee613fa6f311305d50d525b6d62e4db936ed5f00693c905bd8851e91ce
Oh man can't I just get approved like this?? Dreading the hand painting

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Thanks man! Hopefully the momentum will pick back up soon emoji4.pngOh man can't I just get approved like this?? Dreading the hand painting emoji51.png

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It`s a lot easier then you`d think, feel free to check my threads:salute:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

A guy with a stick lol

TK-Caveman :laugh1:

Speaking of cavemen, my head is pretty huge so squeezing into an OTTK helmet can be challenging for me. With the trim in place I can barely get my noggin in so i'm considering removing what seems to be leftover flashing. Thoughts? 

20180830_220945.jpg

Just wished the helmet wasn't assembled when I got the kit but you can't have everything :) 

Just now, TheSwede said:

Cut away:duim:

Kung!

Also checked your thread, nicely done!! Will have a crack at it after opening/cleaning up the teeth some more.

Btw, where did you get your low-profile transport case? What brand is it and does it work well?

8 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Kung!

Also checked your thread, nicely done!! Will have a crack at it after opening/cleaning up the teeth some more.

Btw, where did you get your low-profile transport case? What brand is it and does it work well?

I show more painting on the Stunt-build (don`t know which one you looked at:P) and it`s a 25gallon husky and I got it of ebay, actually got a second shortly after as I was super-lucky on shipping...Haven`t looked in a while though so you might get lucky….I really like it, it has a military look to it and except for the helmet everything fits...and yes I´m using both :)

MZAsY22.jpg

6 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

I show more painting on the Stunt-build (don`t know which one you looked at:P) and it`s a 25gallon husky and I got it of ebay, actually got a second shortly after as I was super-lucky on shipping...Haven`t looked in a while though so you might get lucky….I really like it, it has a military look to it and except for the helmet everything fits...and yes I´m using both :)

You must be some kind of good luck fairy or something because right after I read that I found this:

husky.JPG?

Snagged it up (last one!) :peace: Always wanted Husky bins as they look so darn cool, but shipping out of the US was always insane ($170'ish). So thank you!

And yeah looked at the stunt build :D 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ensi said:

You must be some kind of good luck fairy or something because right after I read that I found this: 

The Dark Side of the Force works in mysterious ways:smiley-sw013:

6 minutes ago, Ensi said:

Snagged it up (last one!)

Awesome!!:duim: 

Opened up the helmet a bit more and cut down the screws you see there.

4DuhqqM.jpg

Also opened up the teeth a bit more, from this:

eci4t9I.jpg

To this:

4ROncBg.jpg

And then I decided to just dive head first into painting. My hands seem to shake and i'm not that good with handpainting, but it turned out ok I guess?

oFx67NI.jpg

WEFQWnf.jpg

pk4EJMg.jpg

M7SM6qj.jpg

I may have to do some adjusting, but i'm not sure. Seems like I need to widen the temple trap, and also maybe increase the size of the left rear trap bottom side. 

Hopefully i'll have my Burkbench package sometime this week :)

Edited by Ensi
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Ensi said:

My hands seem to shake and i'm not that good with handpainting, but it turned out ok I guess?

Vocoder came out nothing short but awesome:duim:

The other stuff I find it hard to tell at such close ups but I´m sure you did fine:)

48 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Vocoder came out nothing short but awesome:duim:

The other stuff I find it hard to tell at such close ups but I´m sure you did fine:)

Awesome! I'll see when I put the gray on tomorrow :) Was a bit hard to determine where to paint as the details are a bit soft.

This is easily the most nerve-racking part of the build for me :laugh1:

Laid on the gray today. To me it looks ok, a bit wonky which gives it that charm. If there are any concerns please let me know :)

Gonna let it rest for a couple of days then clean it up with a toothpick and lay on the final black stripes.

d2Z2d3z.jpg

4MwC2p2.jpg

yKG2KhV.jpg

Ai1RcST.jpg

:wub:

20 minutes ago, Ensi said:

This is easily the most nerve-racking part of the build for me :laugh1:

Laid on the gray today. To me it looks ok, a bit wonky which gives it that charm. If there are any concerns please let me know :)

Gonna let it rest for a couple of days then clean it up with a toothpick and lay on the final black stripes.

d2Z2d3z.jpg

4MwC2p2.jpg

yKG2KhV.jpg

Ai1RcST.jpg

You had me at wonky :wub:

Are my rear traps are too small? I just winged it freehand but it's so hard to tell with these pulls being so soft. Looking at other applications and reference it seems that they are.

Advice on what to do needed :smiley-sw013:

I *think* they are a bit small. Reviewing references and other commended builds, like you said, they all seem to be bigger, and go all the way to the edge of the indented area. It is tough since it's a soft pull. (Also weird, because mine has a fairly distinct ridge. :huh: I guess pulls vary even with the same maker.) I'd paint to where it begins to really ramp up at the edge - your brush may even want to find that groove if you let it.

Speaking of brushes, you mentioned your hands shaking. Mine aren't terribly steady either, so what I usually do (material allowing) is rest my forearm/wrist on the surface I'm painting on, then drag the brush along using just the bending of my fingers. Makes for some pretty smooth lines. (Or maybe everybody does this... sorry for being obvious, if so!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ensi said:

Are my rear traps are too small? I just winged it freehand but it's so hard to tell with these pulls being so soft. Looking at other applications and reference it seems that they are.

Advice on what to do needed :smiley-sw013:

Just a smidgen.

gallery_12157_15_6924.jpggallery_12157_15_19287.jpg

17 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

I *think* they are a bit small. Reviewing references and other commended builds, like you said, they all seem to be bigger, and go all the way to the edge of the indented area. It is tough since it's a soft pull. (Also weird, because mine has a fairly distinct ridge. :huh: I guess pulls vary even with the same maker.) I'd paint to where it begins to really ramp up at the edge - your brush may even want to find that groove if you let it.

Speaking of brushes, you mentioned your hands shaking. Mine aren't terribly steady either, so what I usually do (material allowing) is rest my forearm/wrist on the surface I'm painting on, then drag the brush along using just the bending of my fingers. Makes for some pretty smooth lines. (Or maybe everybody does this... sorry for being obvious, if so!)

That's a great tip! Some places it is very tricky..  My trooperbay decals were way bigger too.

I think i'm just gonna go the masking tape route. Mask up a bigger area, paint the black then let it cure and then mask off and tape the remaining gray :) 

16 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Just a smidgen.

gallery_12157_15_6924.jpggallery_12157_15_19287.jpg

Oh yeah I definitely see it. Will get right on it! Or else it's gonna bother me forever :laugh1:

• Like 2

First time i've actually used masking tape for its intended purpose :laugh1: I love it!

8NdcJmD.jpg

F5jg3Qq.jpg

Got a lot of bleed when using the decals to paint the rear stripes and tube stripes. I wanted to do the "light layer of color underneath" to avoid bleed, but the decals didn't stick too well and left a much bigger gap. It would've bled anyway.. But I just touched it up after.

KuOCodu.jpg

ORjR2gl.jpg

And some glory shots of the helmet

4Hdi7Ux.jpg

LR0Sbxl.jpg

7vkmjqW.jpg

DKrboux.jpg

Also received my package from Burkbench and wow this belt is nice! Much thicker than most of the belts i've handled. According to him this was made the screen-accurate way with white denim front, duck cloth interior, and satin back. Also correct right down to the stitch length he says. I haven't researched it that much but it certainly feels 70's :D 

vy0JDYo.jpg

NGfFmi8.jpg

His holster is also really nice :D

zFLe7DL.jpg

Gonna wing it now and hopefully have approval photos in on Sunday! Also seems like Praetorian Blasters will ship my E-11 soon :) 

• Like 1

That bucket is looking tasty!! :-)

That’s one beautiful belt, too. Burkbench use about 8 layers of fabric to build that up, if I remember correctly. Lovely craftsmanship.

Keep up the great work. :-)