Fish's ANOVOS Build Thread - Aspiring for L3

fishgoh0nk

2 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Yeah, that’s the idea. Just giving you a slightly straighter line down the back of your armour, allowing the butt to sit a little straighter on the lower ridge of the kidney.

As I said, it’s an ideal time to play around with options like that and see how it looks, how comfortable it is etc. before you glue bits together.

Your making a great job of this so far, by the way. Keep posting up pics and questions and we’ll try to give suggestions etc. Keep it up. emoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1303.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.pngemoji1.png

2 hours ago, menschie said:

Thanks for taking the time to post all the steps. It's good for you, fun for us, and good for other people just starting out to follow! Excited for you man!

Thanks for the encouragement from all of you! Makes me even more excited knowing that this group is full of spirited, kindhearted and constructive people!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, fishgoh0nk said:

My concern is the posterior

You could also put tape further to the ends (as illustrated) were the connection is meant to be, and see how that works and also use tape to simulate the crotch-strap (on the outside) and that will also help pull the ends of the butt plate up aginst the kidney and also dropping the center "butt tape" a few mm so it`s not air-thight between the peices:)

UF4psXY.jpg

And yours look just like the Troopers in this sceen so you`re actually screen-accurate:duim:

2HIveh1.jpg

And speaking af screen-accuracy, keep the back plate high, as seen on almost every Trooper in the movie (above and below):salute:

EHu1Gcf.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

You could also put tape further to the ends (as illustrated) were the connection is meant to be, and see how that works and also use tape to simulate the crotch-strap (on the outside) and that will also help pull the ends of the butt plate up aginst the kidney and also dropping the center "butt tape" a few mm so it`s not air-thight between the peices:)

UF4psXY.jpg

And yours look just like the Troopers in this sceen so you`re actually screen-accurate:duim:

2HIveh1.jpg

And speaking af screen-accuracy, keep the back plate high, as seen on almost every Trooper in the movie (above and below):salute:

EHu1Gcf.jpg

I did attempt to force the side posterior to affix to the kidney with tape, but it would just keep popping off the tape on the lower back. I think I have a tall torso, short legs, so when I  wear the ab,kidney and back plate higher, causes the cod to dig into where my actual 'cod' is. That leads me to this question - should the cod actually 'support' your junk? 

I did attempt to force the side posterior to affix to the kidney with tape, but it would just keep popping off the tape on the lower back. I think I have a tall torso, short legs, so when I  wear the ab,kidney and back plate higher, causes the cod to dig into where my actual 'cod' is. That leads me to this question - should the cod actually 'support' your junk? 

Cupping....lol
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

I did attempt to force the side posterior to affix to the kidney with tape, but it would just keep popping off the tape on the lower back

I see...try more/stronger tape from the inside and that should change things:)

2 minutes ago, CableGuy said:

Cupping....lol

Haha:D yepp pretty much:duim:

• Like 1

Ok, so I think it kind of worked - I heated up the kidney plate to be a little more round-

BEFORE/AFTER

rDL9no1.jpg2FRBLdC.jpg

After some tighter tape - 

5TtnDJg.jpg

4QDuZdF.jpg

I think this might work guys... I'm going take some return off the ab near the hip bone, it's kind of tight there and any little room I can give it so that the posterior to kidney plate isn't that stressed, i'll take it.

Edited by fishgoh0nk
wrong pictures
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

EHu1Gcf.jpg

Daniel, you're awesome and I always highly respect your comments, but I respectfully have a different view than you on this one...especially as a taller trooper. "As seen on almost every trooper" that's standing beside Vader...the short troopers. Note the 2 slightly taller ones on the right, especially the tallest one in front right...and you can find other photos of troopers not with vader, where they're taller and the neck's lower. 

As a taller trooper, if I had my neck line like the ones on the left, either my butt plate would be up my back or I'd have a 1 inch plus gap between my back and kidney, both of which trump a slightly lower neckline. It all has to come from somewhere, and I'm just telling him that IF the butt plate is too low (from the side shot it looks like a possibility) all isn't lost.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

24 minutes ago, menschie said:

Daniel, you're awesome and I always highly respect your comments, but I respectfully have a different view than you on this one...especially as a taller trooper. "As seen on almost every trooper" that's standing beside Vader...the short troopers. Note the 2 slightly taller ones on the right, especially the tallest one in front right...and you can find other photos of troopers not with vader, where they're taller and the neck's lower. 

As a taller trooper, if I had my neck line like the ones on the left, either my butt plate would be up my back or I'd have a 1 inch plus gap between my back and kidney, both of which trump a slightly lower neckline. It all has to come from somewhere, and I'm just telling him that IF the butt plate is too low (from the side shot it looks like a possibility) all isn't lost.

I kind of agree on the backplate needing to sit a bit lower - if the seams between back, kidney and posterior are to be under .5 inches, I don't know how any of this would fit without massive shimming - the length is entire back to from shoulder to posterior is roughly 30 inches (- 1 or 2 inches for cod to ab strap pull, i bent my shoulders subtract 1 more inch), 27-28 inches, if your back is longer than that you'd need more material to cover. Only time I'm glad I'm under 6 foot... :D

Edited by fishgoh0nk
comedy
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, menschie said:

Agreed :salute: I should have been more clear and said: try to keep the back plate as high as possible with minimal gap between back and kidney and idealy no gap kidney/butt:)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Ypu mean lower than in your pics?

well, as low as it needs to be so i don't get a massive wedgie lol! I'm guessing there is no bending over in trooping... is there?

12 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Agreed :salute: I should have been more clear and said: try to keep the back plate as high as possible with minimal gap between back and kidney and idealy no gap kidney/butt:)

I forgot, I took this picture and forgot to attach it. I hope this would be good reference for anyone else building:

SMpQ3aU.jpg

1 minute ago, fishgoh0nk said:

well, as low as it needs to be so i don't get a massive wedgie

Copy that:salute:

2 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

'm guessing there is no bending over in trooping... is there?

Well….have to censor myself on that one……………………:laugh1: 

3 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

Well….have to censor myself on that one……………………:laugh1: 

lol there's too much that can be said about that :D

Speaking of the privates - I'm looking to trim my cod. Would this amount be ill advised? I have big thighs, my thighs are not comfortable with this digging in there.

vwEcTZO.jpg

James, I wouldn't worry about there not being enough material in the back. As you said, you're under 6 feet. I tried as hard as I possibly could to not even have a sliver of daylight between all my gaps in the back...they're toit like a toiger...and everything fits fine. 

4 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

You mean this section?

VNRGM48.jpg

Yup! That section I marked would be removed.

3 minutes ago, menschie said:

James, I wouldn't worry about there not being enough material in the back. As you said, you're under 6 feet. I tried as hard as I possibly could to not even have a sliver of daylight between all my gaps in the back...they're toit like a toiger...and everything fits fine. 

Yea, I'm not the one to complain as a medium heighted guy. Are you bowed like the maiden head of a ship? I have big thighs, that's a challenge for me, all my pants are toight.

gVYMz9p.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Yup! That section I marked would be removed.

You shouldn`t have to if you follow Dan`s "cupping-advise" to the fullest, hiking that cod up as high you can without changing the tone of your voice of course:P I have big thighs as well (squating 2 reps of 441 Lbs- yeah that´s me bragging:engel:) and no problem with the cod (mine is really upp there...to much info? ah okey...) Btw my shadowtrooper is Anovos and I just cut it to the trim line.

8 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

You shouldn`t have to if you follow Dan`s "cupping-advise" to the fullest, hiking that cod up as high you can without changing the tone of your voice of course:P I have big thighs as well (squating 2 reps of 441 Lbs- yeah that´s me bragging:engel:) and no problem with the cod (mine is really upp there...to much info? ah okey...) Btw my shadowtrooper is Anovos and I just cut it to the trim line.

How tall are you Daniel? I feel like a low rider.

Edited by fishgoh0nk

Okay, I need to walk away, because we're associated with Disney and there's just too many things that are busting to come out right now. Doh! Yikes, even when I'm not trying I'm getting myself in trouble! Okay, I'm gone...

2 minutes ago, menschie said:

and there's just too many things that are busting to come out right now.

:laugh1:

3 minutes ago, menschie said:

associated with Disney

Agreed, back to being strictly Imperial :duim:

6 minutes ago, menschie said:

Okay, I need to walk away, because we're associated with Disney and there's just too many things that are busting to come out right now. Doh! Yikes, even when I'm not trying I'm getting myself in trouble! Okay, I'm gone...

Oh noes, don't go! These are legit costuming questions! I'm sure the Disney princess forums have all kinds of question and answers revolving around duct tape. 

I guess I can leave the cod alone for now, I just want to double check before i start removing material. A lot of posts say the removal of material may be necessary if it's for the comfort of the wearer. I think in removing that edge, it would be a lot more comfy, but I'm curious as to how close the posterior and cod will need to be aligned, using the elastic strap. Not sure if anyone could provide pictures as to how the 2 fits underneath the body, only if you're willing to provide those, I don't want to taint the post with anything offensive.

15 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

How tall are you Daniel?

Oh I missed that….I´m 5`10,,,but as you stated the proportions might differ even if one is the same hight...I think my tors/leg-ratio is pretty even-steven...Ok time to go to bed as I can`t keep a serious mind at the moment^_^

• Like 1