TK Commander in 2018 - assembly question

A couple of questions, given that the TKC is generally based on ROTJ armour:

• Does the white edge trim need to be added to the kidney plate?
  • Is the kidney plate allowed to be separate, or must it be connected permanently to the butt plate? **EDIT: It's mandatory on the CRL**
  • Do the arms and legs need to be assembled using the overlap method? (TK300 site confirms the ROTJ armour used overlaps)

Are these above things mandatory for TK Commander builds?

They don't seem to be mentioned in the TKC CRL.

Edited by rapstertee
added info update

9 hours ago, rapstertee said:

A couple of questions, given that the TKC is generally based on ROTJ armour:

• Does the white edge trim need to be added to the kidney plate?
  • Is the kidney plate allowed to be separate, or must it be connected permanently to the butt plate? **EDIT: It's mandatory on the CRL**
  • Do the arms and legs need to be assembled using the overlap method? (TK300 site confirms the ROTJ armour used overlaps)

Are these above things mandatory for TK Commander builds?

They don't seem to be mentioned in the TKC CRL.

Hi Terry! 

As stated in the TKC CRL, the white edge does indeed need to be around all edges for basic approval.

"A white flexible U shaped gasket or molded lip shall be present around all edges"

While the ROTJ armor does not allow overlap construction, it is only required at level 3 for the TKC.

From the talks for TKC CRL changes. I am understanding that overlap is required for level 3 if the armor brand supports it. Some brands don't have all the raised ridges allowing for it. So If you can do it. Do it. I used WTF and his is ANH style. So no overlap. But I achieved Centurion!

I like to think that Centurion is more on how you present the best looking rendition of the Trooper you can. Not that you put some detail in the exact spot to the mm. 

Glad to see the recent influx of Commanders in progress. Last time I looked I believe there's only 60 in the Legion. So plenty of room to boss around some TK's!;)

On 6/23/2018 at 6:02 PM, magni said:

From the talks for TKC CRL changes. I am understanding that overlap is required for level 3 if the armor brand supports it. Some brands don't have all the raised ridges allowing for it. So If you can do it. Do it. I used WTF and his is ANH style. So no overlap. But I achieved Centurion!

I like to think that Centurion is more on how you present the best looking rendition of the Trooper you can. Not that you put some detail in the exact spot to the mm. 

Glad to see the recent influx of Commanders in progress. Last time I looked I believe there's only 60 in the Legion. So plenty of room to boss around some TK's!;)

Thanks for the info. While I'm not expecting to get to Centurion, I'll see how far I can get to the best level of accuracy I can. I think there may be only one TKC in the UK at present, and he's wearing my TKC that I started building then had to sell on due to financial difficulties. So it'd be nice to have another in the UK.

• Like 1