Overlapping Butt Plate Fix

SgtGarand

Howdy troopers!

I just wanted to share a fix I used for my armor to keep my butt plate from slipping and overlapping the kidney plate. Basically, I went to a hardware store and found these small brackets that ended up being a perfect fit. I glued one on each side of the butt plate close to the elastic; since that's where the tension is coming from that causes them to overlap. The lip of the bracket that sticks out will hit the return edge of the kidney plate and prevents the butt plate from moving rearward any further. During my troop after installing the brackets I had no problems with it slipping free and overlapping. Hopefully this can help fellow troopers struggling with the same issue.  Happy trooping!

image1.thumb.JPG.69bf0128af92de0a7954b0f3df0c662d.JPG

• Like 4

Well, I think you and I may share the same build minds Asa. I have these exact same lip/hook on my armor! It works out very nicely! Thanks for sharing!

1 hour ago, SgtGarand said:

Guess the fix isn't as original of an idea as I had thought.  :laugh1:

May not be "original" but I bet not many knows of this idea. So It is a great share. I should share what I did to put together my ab/kidney shell.. hmm lol

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/22/2018 at 5:41 PM, SgtGarand said:

Howdy troopers!

I just wanted to share a fix I used for my armor to keep my butt plate from slipping and overlapping the kidney plate. Basically, I went to a hardware store and found these small brackets that ended up being a perfect fit. I glued one on each side of the butt plate close to the elastic; since that's where the tension is coming from that causes them to overlap. The lip of the bracket that sticks out will hit the return edge of the kidney plate and prevents the butt plate from moving rearward any further. During my troop after installing the brackets I had no problems with it slipping free and overlapping. Hopefully this can help fellow troopers struggling with the same issue.  Happy trooping!

image1.thumb.JPG.69bf0128af92de0a7954b0f3df0c662d.JPG

I need some of these to stop my butt plate flaring out. Any idea what they're called?

Thanks.

37 minutes ago, Prothall said:

I need some of these to stop my butt plate flaring out. Any idea what they're called?

Hi,

It looks like some of this:   Offset Canvas Clips

https://www.amazon.com/Picture-Starters-Package-Included-pan-head/dp/B00W83I3KG/ref=psdc_511352_t3_B00T1FHC6K

cheers

• Like 1