Tuomas first ANH build (RS)

Wyrkk

Okay! Cod rivet and strap is done. Now when I raise my torso as high as possible it feels VERY good! It also solved my right side dressing issue where was a big cap between ab and kidney. 

3jG3uOf.jpg

My RS Strapping pack included two shoulder strap with snap. I`m not sure was this deliberately or did I get two right side strap? 

Some point I wanna change the left strap but atleast now I can strap my shoulder bells and finish my arms.

ujrQCMl.jpg

I tape my arms together with straps so what do you guys think? My chest plate goes slightly over the shoulder.

Is this a dressing issue or should I trim my shoulder more?

eFqcPeY.jpg

006JWRA.jpg

Edited by Wyrkk
  • Like 1

I tape my arms together with straps so what do you guys think? My chest plate goes slightly over the shoulder.
Is this a dressing issue or should I trim my shoulder more?

eFqcPeY.jpg&key=45213d5856a049ff2083947a3a3033b9053f98a9c94f0df1c668d0e878a806df
006JWRA.jpg&key=5d77c3382fec9d7c93c2868e2b17a37b109e799e5912449767e86e5339874958
Personally I would extend the shoulder elastic which would allow the chest to drop down a little. Can't quite see but I would imagine the top of the chest is quite close to your throat. But hey, what do I know

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'd go with what you have, I know the DO's like the shoulder bell gap to be pretty close for higher levels ;) 

• Like 1

Take a step back and look at the shape of your shoulder bells. They seem to be trimmed flat so they will not be able to sit closer to your chest and back plates. They need to be curved to allow them to follow the contours of your armour. The original ANH shoulder bells were trimmed curved - not flat, which is why they always sit closer to the armour.

bONq7FI.jpggC48ETp.jpgVhV8FRO.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The past few weeks have been quite busy so not much progress. 

I trimmed my shoulder bells like Paul said and glued some straps (no pictures yet...). I also almost finished my belt. Just need add the rivet covers.

Ab buttons are also glued.

Interesting how my belt seems to be skewed (not in the middle) but this is probably the purpose? 

The hole spots were pre-marked by RS.

6OhlA9V.jpg

qbe9NZE.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, it does look like your ab may be a little angled, perhaps you could tighten strapping on that side or loosen the other side to adjust.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had to take a small break with my shoulder bells. I noticed that shoulder bells are slightly different (left and right) and of course I tried to fit my left bell to my right shoulder.  Argh. :D 

So I moved my thoughts to lower body.

I got a first problem with my shins. What is easiest way to get my shins lining up? 

nAG53Ea.jpg

NCi4z3z.jpg

The easiest way for me was a hot water bath, the hardest part there was to get a pot that was big enough.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 4/28/2019 at 2:53 PM, HSM76 said:

The easiest way for me was a hot water bath, the hardest part there was to get a pot that was big enough.

So how this actually happen? Water must be almost boiling (?) and then I put shins to the water. Should I do this with the clamps attached or after bath twist parts to the right places with my hands?

After reading this post I became much more nervous :D 

Edited by Wyrkk

Wow.... Haven't seen that. But I think pouring water over it was the problem.
I put the whole shin in the, in my case boiling water for about 20 seconds. While it was in the water it was taped with painters tape. After that I took it out and twisted it gently against the current direction. While cooling it down with lukewarm water in the shower.

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thank you Sven! Hot water bath worked perfectly. 

I put shins in the water with painters tape. Tape did all the work!

KkfyrYe.jpg

I trimmed my sniper knee plate maybe slightly too much but I think this is okay.

5MVgttB.jpg

PaWn0gU.jpg

• Like 1

Sniper plate and back cover strip glued!

Little bit skewed from below in picture but looks better with boots.

cVR599H.jpg

dAfRTNx.jpg

Finally I got correct TD screws. I'll paint them later!

9SdGk1O.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Brad :)

---

All the big parts are done! I glued the final cover strip to my left thigh and also attached ammo belt to the right.

2tdWDRw.jpg

HAVwPtu.jpg

There are no thigh or shin straps yet but what do you think? I think this looks pretty solid. 

RM6zscN.jpg

ovgFvGr.jpg

• Like 2

Coming along nicely, for the little gaps between joins you can add some scrap abs behind ;) 

Keep up the good work.

7 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Coming along nicely, for the little gaps between joins you can add some scrap abs behind ;) 

Keep up the good work.

Thank you Q :)

Still thinking should I cut off that edge for better mobility. I'll make the final decision as strapping is done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wyrkk said:

Thank you Q :)

Still thinking should I cut off that edge for better mobility. I'll make the final decision as strapping is done.

Best thinking, it's easy to take off than try to add on later ;) 

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

Looking good :duim: Apart from those small asjustments I would consider resizing the biceps, they look a bit big.

Thank you Daniel :) 

Yeah I agree, biceps are slightly "big". What do you think is this problem when I want to achieve EIB and Centurion? 

I'm a very active in the gym so sizing was difficult. I think that I try to fill them inside. :D 

Edited by Wyrkk

I hear you about the gym, pretty active myself and actually quit putting on gains in order to keep the bicep armor as small as possible (may sound like bragging but I’ve trained for 20+years) for us gym rats it’s also important to keep in mind to bend the arms in a relaxed state when in armor, I can not flex as the armor is really snug but then again there’s no need to (I can still put on/take the helmet off) and I don’t get why anyone should, I often see that mentioned, that you need to be able flex - always wondered why. You have the E-11 for the Gun-show:PThe biceps are a distinct feature on the ANH Troopers and they are form fitting so as it stands right now we would ask you to reduce the size for Centurion. We are obviosly willing to work with you on this and if you are packning some serious peak on those biceps and unable to reduce the size of the armor we just need to see some additional photos showing that. Another option that might make it look acceptable, strong word but I’m sure you know what I mean (it’s really is only about the looks) would be to place some foam in there to even out the spacing around the arms (Armor centered around the arm). Having a really tight undersuit works wonders as well of one is on the bigger side, I was surprised myself what a difference that makes. With that said, I’m not the only one with a say in this matter so I might be in minority when asking this so you are free to submit and perhaps you’ll pass with flying colors:salute: You do look great and based on these photos I can’t see anything that would hold you from approval or EIB:duim: Centurion there are a few small bits to sort out for:)

• Like 1