Tuomas first ANH build (RS)

Wyrkk

Hello, my name is Tuomas.

I interested 501st legion about 2012 (when I made this account). Six years later I decided that I really want to be stormtrooper so I ordered RS Propmasters Stormtrooper kit! This is my first build.

Here is my kit. Unfortunately I noticed that my ab buttons are missing so I need to contact RS Propmasters.

kuva3.thumb.jpg.ff77a6832cbaf97f24af85ba4ab470a1.jpg

I think that I need a lot of help so I post here questions and pictures. :)

Cheers, 

Tuomas

Hi Tuomas. Welcome to the FISD! :-)

Feel free to ask any questions. There are loads of folks here happy to help.

If you haven’t already, check out some the Approved Centurion applications, especially those from RS Prop Masters, to see what can be achieved with that awesome set of armour.

Remember, no question is a silly question - we’re here to help. :-)

Best wishes

Dan

Edited by CableGuy

Awesome! Congratulations on receiving your kit. Believe it or not, this is a great start! Sharing your kit, posting questions and sharing lots of photos will help you get this complete. Excited to see you begin! :peace:

Hello and welcome to the FISD! We're here to help you on your journey to joining the 501st! Post photos and ask questions all you want!

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update!

I finally started to build my armor (slowly). I live in an apartment building so I have to build my armor in my parent`s house. Usually on weekends.

I ordered Lexan scissors a couple weeks ago. Scissors should arrive a pretty soon so I can start trimming my parts!

Today I started to make my helmet eyes and ofc my dremel slipped :) 

What do you guys think?

nirhauma1.jpg.2523ff858953774aeb4f07a157aa483b.jpg

It isn`t big and barely visible (if you don`t watch at the right angle) but still my heart cried :D 

Edited by Wyrkk

Most of us have made these kinds of mistakes - don't sweat it! If it really bothers you, you should use a little bit of ABS paste, but I'm not sure that will be necessary.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

Today I made some ("roughly") trimming:

H7lLRYj.jpg

PlZLBPp.jpg

Nv53AMf.jpg

eXpoYxe.jpg

What do you think?

I know that I need trim more AB-section but how much really? Should I leave the edge or cut it off? 

You can see the cut line on the cod, so cut off that excess. Yes, I would remove some of the return edge from the ab and the butt plates. I would recommend looking through the reference gallery and some Centurion applications to decide how much return edge you want to leave.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much Luc and Daniel. : )

---

Hi again. 

Today I work with metal brackets. I spent a lot of time when I wanted to be sure that brackets are in the right places : ) 

Now I need a little bit help with straps. I try to search instructions but I never found... I have a long strap but now I need to cut it.

What kind of straps I should do? How the straps are attached, velcro or otherwise? I hope you understand what I mean : D

oXS4Rcv.jpg

Pf17g0R.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have a problem with my helmet.

I trim my ears and I noticed a problem. Between rubber eyebrow and ear piece there is a gap.  

I tried that ear to the other side and it touched eyebrow. So seems that my helmet backplate piece isn`t symmetrical. Can I fix that and how big problem this is?

GE5BWrv.jpg

Edited by Wyrkk

I trim my ears and I noticed a problem. Between rubber eyebrow and ear piece there is a gap.  
I tried that ear to the other side and it touched eyebrow. So seems that my helmet backplate piece isn`t symmetrical. Can I fix that and how big problem this is?

GE5BWrv.jpg&key=1a0affe5467b92a5fb45fd235394699f8bc190557d206834590ca537f5620100

Hiya,

That little gap is fine. In fact, it’s just like this screen used one:

0fdf19d29399de0100a0f74c88c2e362.jpg

Just be careful of how far forward it is. It’s a little hard to see from your pic, however this is a good example of the ear positioning:

cfb0e0d970a14a4054e5c336edb2a2be.jpg

Do bare in mind, however, that the ears will vary a little from helmet to helmet. :-)
  • Like 1

Yes! Ears done! Surprisingly this was pretty easy.

And I am pretty happy for the result. :)

qunXg0X.jpg

gzPanqd.jpg

Lkfo5Q5.jpg

R8iGCzs.jpg

Edited by Wyrkk
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

First I want to tell you one thing. When I got the armor I thought that I am a very happy if I can build at least level 1. So many parts etc...  However, I have built this,  I have studied more and of course got a lot of help from you guys! Things are much clearer now.

So I definitely build my armor straight to the Centurion! 

---

I got a little help for painting. My hand shakes too much :D 

I will fix top of the vocoder and hovi mic tips. Now it is a little bit messy and inaccurate. 

I also worked with belt and drop boxes but no pictures yet. 

8X4n1gz.jpg

BSp7t4w.jpg

GJeRGuM.jpg

Now I have to keep a small break (2-3 weeks). A lot of work, hiking trip and short cruise to Sweden with my friends coming in the next few weeks.  :) 

Edited by Wyrkk

8 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

And Sweden you say, Heros Comic Con by any chance?

Damn! Our first plan was to visit in Stockholm just that weekend but we are coming a week later because of my job... 

You can always pull the rubber down above the ears to reduce the gap

GE5BWrv.jpg&key=1a0affe5467b92a5fb45fd235394699f8bc190557d206834590ca537f5620100

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wyrkk said:

Damn! Our first plan was to visit in Stockholm just that weekend but we are coming a week later because of my job... 

That`s a bummer, enjoy your stay and there`s always next year:duim: