cjdesign's ESB "Pugman" Promo Blaster Build (DD/PP)

cjdesign

• 2 weeks later...

Glue three round greeblies with CA glue. The first round grebblie (closest to back) was lined up with the round indentation in the primer channel and the round dot of the scope rail and inline just above the stock hinge.

Glue:

CLmn2o9.jpg

Sand and glue the Phoenix Props "arrow" greeblies piggy backed next to each other. Mounted right above stock hinge. Like the scope rail these parts fit better if they have a concave back to match the curvature of the dds body.

Glued in place:

lOQy4pR.jpg

Once the gaps in the stock were filled and smoothed, I can finally glue the magazine receiver and bayonet retainer to the body of the blaster with CA glue.

Glue "goalpost" greeblie. Slightly off center (closer to the front) between arrows and ammo receiver.  Bottom edge of GP greeblie is inline with center of arrow greeblies.

lOQy4pR.jpg

Scope:

The gray scope that came with the Phoenix Props kit was almost mint. No bubbles and beautiful cast to boot, saving this for another build. I have a small collection of various scopes i've acquired through the years so i used one of my rough versions without cleanup.

The bottom front of the scope base is thicker and wider on the "promo" blaster than the original. Need to fill in the front with some putty.

jgul0bl.jpg

Metal Trigger Guard:

The resin trigger guards that came with both DDs and PPs kits are very flimsy. Although, the back of the trigger gets filled with putty and will strengthen, I want the build to be rock solid and trigger needs to be 100% non flexible. Going with an aluminum version. I originally created this for my first dds build.

Note: The actual sterling trigger guard has a slight taper, in this promo version, I made this 12mm wide all the way down - no taper

tF7GGlx.jpg

Trigger:

Once the e6000 cured, the metal trigger was securely attached to the grip, I finally glued in the trigger trying to match the placement from my reference photos.  

L5ajssP.jpg

SM2HS3X.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work.

It’s odd watching this thread compared to what we usually see - most DD builds have lots of extra details being carved into the resin - yours is the opposite with lots of parts covered up with putti.
Good job though. Very interesting to see. :-)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Nice work. emoji1303.png

It’s odd watching this thread compared to what we usually see - most DD builds have lots of extra details being carved into the resin - yours is the opposite with lots of parts covered up with putti.
Good job though. Very interesting to see. :-)

Thank you DanI :peace: This has been a fun build. Feel the same way about filling in on the gaps and cutting off all the details. One reason why I thought this thread could be useful, because unless it's archived somewhere.. I've never seen a "promo" pugman build on FISD. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, T-Jay said:

I totally agree with Dan. And your precision and accuracy is fun to watch. Loving this build. :duim:

The parts & greeblies aren't 100% accurate so trying to eyeball the best I can. Thanks for your support Tino!

Edited by cjdesign

• 4 months later...

Hi Carl, first of all: Congratulations on finishing this superb build. :jc_doublethumbup: It is outstanding in its own unique way and a real reference for those, wanting to do the same.

Great that you had the chance for a side by side comparison. And I have to say, yours looks way better than the one from RS Prop Masters. Very well done mate.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2018 at 11:15 PM, T-Jay said:

Hi Carl, first of all: Congratulations on finishing this superb build. :jc_doublethumbup: It is outstanding in its own unique way and a real reference for those, wanting to do the same.

Great that you had the chance for a side by side comparison. And I have to say, yours looks way better than the one from RS Prop Masters. Very well done mate.

Thank you sir... I appreciate the kind words. Especially, coming from one of the FISD masters. To your point, I hope others will find this thread useful in the future. Cheers!

9 hours ago, Novak Dimon said:

Great build! :jc_doublethumbup:

I especially like the comparison with the RS Blaster and I want to agree that your Blaster is the better one! :duim:

17 hours ago, Harbinger said:

Great work, yours does indeed look better than the RS one. Maybe that mold has seen better days but yours is much sharper.

Thanks Fellas!