Pam's WTF ANH Build

kekike2002

Wear PPE (correct gloves)

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.

Remove heat or reduce to a simmer.

Place object in water for 30-45 seconds.

Remove, applyĀ equal pressure by hand or using other object untilĀ desired shape is obtained.

While maintaining shape place under cool water for 60 seconds

Repeat as necessary.

• Like 1

Wear PPE (correct gloves)
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Remove heat or reduce to a simmer.
Place object in water for 30-45 seconds.
Remove, applyĀ equal pressure by hand or using other object untilĀ desired shape is obtained.
While maintaining shape place under cool water for 60 seconds
Repeat as necessary.
Woo hoo!! I did it! I practiced on a piece of scrap! Thank you!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, kekike2002 said:

Finally got to a point I could wear it. So excited!! Still lots to do. Shorten forearms, paint and figure out how to lengthen the cod area.

Ā 

Awesome!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Ok, soooo...... I feel I am at the point where it's as good as I can get it. I have tried to lower the cod, but I can't. Made lots of mistakes at the beginning. Need to clean up some areas and cut shoulder bells down. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am so happy to have gotten this far. aae2930e138a9ac707098fc1602a7cf5.jpg78c41b63ab05bc837ab1303ff8c3a348.jpgad4e70ee87f08a04ae5efc8fb0b52771.jpg

Hey Pam! Looking great! You totally look like a stormtrooper!

Ā 

Thebiggest issue I can see is the back/kidney overlap, but it could also be that the back is sort of just sticking out a bit. How is the back strapped to the kidney? I wonder if you could tighten the strapping some to bring the back closer to your body.

Ā 

On my kit I did bend the shoulder tabs at the top of the back more so that it sat a bit higher and didn't overlap the kidney, so that's also an option.

Ā 

Looking back at @Cricket's comments it could be that the chest and back are both a bit on the larger side - I wonder if both could be brought up a bit. I also think that some of it is just your body proportions - you seem to have a relatively short torso and relatively long limbs.

Ā 

Ultimately approval is up to your GML, but I'm not seeing much here that would block basic approval. Great job with the build!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, kekike2002 said:

Trooperbay stencil for tube stripes, which is left and which is right? I do not want to mess up again...lol54f3552f97a4004c84aaa1c6e5cd956f.jpg

Ā 

In this pic the right goes on the right as looking at the helmet:duim:

Reference of the helmet these stripes are based on.

8MCdUFG.jpg

• Like 1

Ok so...I'm paranoid, lol is this correct? Also I know that it's too long. Is there a specific number per side? I had 11 and 13 the first time.dae39ab8c4fc1676b50c854a720ada63.jpg