TK-AL'S ANH Stunt Build

Greetings!! I just received my armor from ATA works and I am super excited to get started. Despite my excitement, I am also nervous because this is my first time building armor and no one has ever done this in my family so I consider myself the guinea pig. I am currently trying to get with other Legion members for guidance, but please feel free to post any tips on this forum (recommended tools, mistakes to avoid, etc.). I will continue to post on this forum once I have made more progress. Thanks and May the Force Be With You!!

IMG_5048 (1).jpg

IMG_5049 (1).jpg

IMG_5050 (1).JPG

IMG_5051 (1).JPG

Welcome aboard, Alex!! :salute:

Don’t to too anxious - we all have to start somewhere. The key is to do lots of research. Before you start cutting, have a plan. Check out lots of build threads here on FISD, approved Centurion applications, video tutorials etc. This way, you’ll have a solid idea of what you want to achieve before you start cutting anything. 

Here a couple of handy links:

Supplies: https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/31404-supply-list-for-your-tk-build/ 

EIB and Centurion: 

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35371-eib-and-centurion-what-do-these-terms-mean/

General info:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/38-getting-started-read-this-first/ 

And the the biggest things to help you build a great set of armour are to do lots of research and ask lots of questions. We’re here to help. :smiley-sw013:

Best wishes

Dan

• Like 1

Welcome aboard. Can’t really say it any better than has already been said. Just take your time, ask questions if your unsure, and have fun with it. We were all starters at some point heck I’m kinda still in that boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Welcome! We recommend you use a photo hosting site for your photos, otherwise you will run out of space here really fast! I use imgur. Good luck with your build!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello Everyone!! I know it has been a very long time since I have posted on this thread. I have been really busy this summer, but I have worked on my armor a bit. I actually just ordered my boots from IB since I heard TK-Boots went out of business. I am almost finished sanding down my armor. Unfortunately, I am hesitate to move forward since I am uncomfortable attaching the armor pieces together in terms of the butt joint and cover strip method. Additionally, I am not confident in being able to attach the elastic on my armor as well. It would be great if someone could please add a link to a thread where someone goes through this process in great detail. Thank you!!!!

There are lots of great build threads being posted every day with lots of helpful info and others who have been in the same predicament as you and managed to soldier on, have a look through some of those, research is the key to this hobby ;) 

Hi Alex,

Don’t let it get to you. Just keep doing your research and take it it step by step. You’ll do fine. :-)

Whilst I’m not saying that this is THE way to do it, I personally found these build videos from Ross at RWA incredibly helpful. His videos go all the way from trimming the armour right through to finishing and fitting.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_lWzaSmADNiCC8TkZyfwg

Hope that helps a little. Even if you don’t follow it exactly, it give a really good understanding of what’s involved throughout the build. :-)

I would like to begin by quickly thanking everyone for their feedback. As for someone to get me going, I had a mentor for a brief period, but I think he is too busy to assist me. I tried contacting him yesterday on Facebook, but he left me on "Read". I am affiliated with the Southern California Garrison. 

A great informative build to follow is Tony’s (ukswrath), step by step so I’m sure you’ll do fine, can find it here 

Also step by step guide building butt join and cover strips here 

Also post 2 in this thread here 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Okay, so I realized that I never provided any updates on this build since I was always off and on with it. Nevertheless, I wanted to share that I actually got approved to be a member of the 501st!! TK-77796 reporting for duty!! (I tried to post in the "Newly Approved Members", but it wouldn't let me do it :( 

501 Action Pose (2).JPG

501 Helmet Off (2).JPG

1 hour ago, TK-ALEXANDER77 said:

Okay, so I realized that I never provided any updates on this build since I was always off and on with it. Nevertheless, I wanted to share that I actually got approved to be a member of the 501st!! TK-77796 reporting for duty!! (I tried to post in the "Newly Approved Members", but it wouldn't let me do it :( 

501 Action Pose (2).JPG

501 Helmet Off (2).JPG

You need to post in the thread that handles the 501st access rights. a admin upgrades your group rights then to the 501st TK group and then you can post there. the member-only sections open up for you, too

• Like 2

Way to go Alex!   :jc_doublethumbup:  If you have the time and want to take that armor to the next level.... ;)  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49177-only-37-spots-left-time-to-step-up/?tab=comments#comment-687637

• Like 2