TK-32627 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (NE) [APPROVED] 2nd

Name: Jonathan Lighty

Height: 6’

Weight: 170 lbs.

FISD Name: JLight

Legion ID: 32627

Garrison: Garrison Tyranus

501st Member Page: http://www.501st.com/members/displaymemberdetails.php?userID=17149

Armor: NE

Helmet: Anovos

Blaster: Resin Kit

Boots: Painted Amsterdams

Canvas Belt: TKittell

Hand Plates: Justjoseph

Electronics: None

Neck Seal: Anovos

Holster: Darman

GNOjHl0.jpgX7gmxUY.jpg

Kxx6Zyx.jpg

T1QQdXz.jpg

2pgY570.jpg

JXwoJGF.jpg

3lvbj2L.jpg

lDoTqZa.jpg

oi1nyg8.jpg

63N8KeY.jpg

qhGWA0b.jpg

2ys1LYb.jpg

6itnr9h.jpg

hT3KnUv.jpg

aTrcRxQ.jpg

mME7HVF.jpg

hgnmVf6.jpg

Fptw3J6.jpg

beZo0Zk.jpg

69GF6IP.jpg

Ydh0Vpo.jpg

DaVaOKT.jpg

bTo1qcx.jpg

ZEyrhB5.jpg
86swbRX.jpg

kR1YMKt.jpg

TKPvLD0.jpg

r7Dlmhk.jpg

ylLT375.jpg

Qhk3lqV.jpg

oombK3p.jpg

iItlWq5.jpg

Ru3TsJm.jpg

gWZhnxc.jpg

8StpVDm.jpg

SrGaFIs.jpg

2doFvIR.jpg

B9AxCWD.jpg

Excellent job, Jonathan. :-)

To my eyes, it looks like you’re easily on target for EI, with Centurion in reach too (when you get there). :-)

Based on previous applications, I’d imagine a couple of small things ‘might’ come up as suggestions to improve the look of your suit.

Your shoulder bridge straps have quite a bit of excess at the front. These could be trimmed back for a more accurate look.

b23444db3eaf88ba1f39ddcbcd134fa5.jpg

And your smaller ab plate could be a little smaller and squarer, if you fancied it.

4ec2d3b474620ce5fadf11af21d93aec.jpg

Excellent work. Best of luck with your application, (although it looks like you won’t need it )

Dan

REALLY nice job on that armor, Jonathan!  Tony or I will be with you shortly, but in the meantime, could you add the following photos for me?  Thanks!!

1.  Left side detail (arms raised)

2.  Right side detail (arms raised)

3.  Action shot.

Awesome job! Sailing up to Centurion!

Just a couple of things that I'll mention ... especially for centurion: all the pics of the right drop box look like it needs to come out a bit, so that its outside edge is flush with the edge of your belt. It's close, but not quite there.

If it were me, I'd move that belt up a tiny bit higher as well, so that it covers the ab plates a bit more. New female snaps on the inside of your belt, directly below your existing snaps, may work to make it just about perfect.

Again, beautiful job on that armour. You should be proud!

• Like 1

Hi Jonathan.  You have done a very nice job on your armor.  I will echo the shoulder bridge recommendation.  It would certainly look better if you cut that back a little bit.  But you are certainly well on your way to having a fine set of armor that you should be proud of.  Great job!

2 hours ago, menschie said:

Good job! Lvl3 must be on your mind now! ;)

Yes it is. It would be my 2nd one and I am thinking of doing ESB too since I already have another blaster. I will never be able to catch Glenn with his 6 and counting but I can try. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JLight said:

Yes it is. It would be my 2nd one and I am thinking of doing ESB too since I already have another blaster. I will never be able to catch Glenn with his 6 and counting but I can try. 

Do, or do not. There is no try.  LOL!

Looking good Jonathan! Good to see another NE armor build like mine. 

I can't spot anything that would keep you from EI. There does seem to be a stray corner on the back of your calf armor. Trimming that down to match the right side would give a more uniformed look as well as keeping you from getting poked by it as you walked.

Kxx6Zyx.jpg.e896999f519426f8c67b553f535627e6.jpg

27 minutes ago, SgtGarand said:

Looking good Jonathan! Good to see another NE armor build like mine. 

I can't spot anything that would keep you from EI. There does seem to be a stray corner on the back of your calf armor. Trimming that down to match the right side would give a more uniformed look as well as keeping you from getting poked by it as you walked.

Kxx6Zyx.jpg.e896999f519426f8c67b553f535627e6.jpg

Yeah that’s just not aligned properly with that Velcro closure in the back. 

• Like 1

Hi Jonathan!  Almost there, brother, I promise.  One last thing I need is a clear shot of the fronts of your hand guards and we can get started on your approval.  Thanks! 

14 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Hi Jonathan!  Almost there, brother, I promise.  One last thing I need is a clear shot of the fronts of your hand guards and we can get started on your approval.  Thanks! 

So sorry! I really thought I had it all. Pic has been added. 

Hi Jonathan,  welcome and thank you for applying for your ANH-Stunt EIB. Let's take a look your armor.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All the required submission photos have been posted. Without further delay,  your armor displays all the necessary elements to qualify for Expert Infantry.  Tony and myself  would like to congratulate you on your SECOND Expert Infantry badge!      :salute:

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:

In this section we review observations made by your fellow troopers and ourselves. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. If any suggestions may affect the application process, it will be listed separately in either the above EIB or below Centurion requirement sections. You look great, but we do have a few suggestions to get you looking even closer to screen accurate.

First, fantastic job on that shoulder bridge fix.. it looks a LOT better!

As mentioned, for level 3 I would suggest taking a new photo of your left rear calf closure with the sides lined up.  It's a small item, but it's all about the overall look:  

IYlC0cY.jpg?1 

Reference image  

5HXgJhz.jpg?1

The vertical AB button plate is a bit too long, and the corners need to be squared, not rounded to be canon.  As long as you used E-6000 to attach it is should be pretty easy to remove and trim down.  Remember, it's all about accuracy!

Reference image

0QWN9d1.jpg             fQSlDwg.jpg

Centurion Suggestions:

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EI, items pertaining to level 3 might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all we can from what is seen but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

You did a perfect trim job on the right wrist opening, but 20 seconds with a Dremel would make the left one match and bring it to where it needs to be be.  As stated in the CRL,, "No return edge on the inside of the front of the forearm is allowed".    

C6mKZZ0.jpg 

Reference image

ftINif4.jpg?1

Although close, your ABS belt could stand to come up at least another 1/4 inch.   As noted in the CRL " The top of the ammo belt should sit at or just below the bottom of the central and vertical Ab button panels".  (Incredible trim job on that ABS belt, by the way)!  

a1bqoLC.jpg?1

Reference image

xH9CE3f.jpg?1

In a few of your photos, you have the "wandering dropbox" (very common) which doesn't want to align with the edges of your ABS belt as required in the CRL.  Level 3 is all about accuracy, and a dab of E-6000 behind the straps in the rear would remedy this and get you to where you need to be as stated in the CRL,  "Drop boxes are vertically aligned with the end of the ammo belt...".

tFbeHPv.jpg

Reference image

44AWgMW.jpg

The left side of your ab/kidney connection is absolutely textbook, but you still have a small gap on the right side.  Raising the belt and tightening it up half an inch would take care of that.   As stated in the CRL, "Ideally there is no gap between the abdomen and kidney armor".

N9UtZji.jpg

Reference image

puOk2ud.jpg

Fantastic job overall, Jonathan, and one you should certainly be proud of!  I look forward to seeing your level 3 submission for your SECOND Centurion achievement soon!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to TK-32627 Requesting ANH Stunt EIB Status (NE) (Approved)

Thanks guys! The drop box, gap on right side and calf were all minor things when I suited up that my wife and I didn’t catch. I will tweak the belt, forearm and ab button plate and suit up again soon!