New Contest! (We have a winner)!!

justjoseph63

:tkbig:  Alright, Troopers, it's time for another contest!  :tkbig:

What we are looking for is a short story about your favorite troop.  It could be one that was unusual, heartfelt, funny, etc. and should be at least one paragraph in length  Photos of the event would be a bonus!

The contest will run until Midnight, July 15th, and the winner will be announced on July 20th.

So what is the prize, you ask?!

Randy (magni) and myself are supplying the First prize, which will be a new hardcover copy of the latest book by NY Times bestselling author Ryder Windham "STORMTROOPERS:  BEHIND THE ARMOR".  Mr. Windham is also the author of over 60 SW related books and comics.

----------

Second prize will be an official 501st Legion decal.

So, one more time, here are the rules:

1.  Should be at least one paragraph in length.

2.  Must be submitted ON THIS THREAD by midnight, July 10th, 2018.

3.  Judging by Imperial Attaches/Staff.

4.  Winner will be notified on July 15th, 2018.

5.  Any questions should be asked here.

GOOD LUCK!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 4

Sadly no longer eligible to enter being on command staff.

Joseph did you want to run the contest a little longer, could be added to the next newsletter, may get a little more involvement?

10 hours ago, Wompet said:

This is a really good book. :smiley-sw013:

That's for sure, Gary!  A thoroughly enjoyable (and informative) read!

8 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Sadly no longer eligible to enter being on command staff.

Joseph did you want to run the contest a little longer, could be added to the next newsletter, may get a little more involvement?

Good call, my friend.  Extended!  :duim:

• Like 1

Hello everyone, I'm Bas (TK-32294) from Indonesia (Garuda Garrison Indonesia). my experience was pretty luke-leia moment(no,it isn't about sibling kiss) haha. So it was Monday, 21st May 2018. I joined the "Solo" screening troop at one of the cinema hall. At one moment, a woman came to me. She looks like on her 30 and she said "kamu stormtrooper tapi kok pendek ya" that means "aren't you too short for a stormtrooper".I literally got ANH flashback. That night before I went to sleep, I did google "what is the male average height in Indonesia". I'm 167cm(5'5.75) btw. Turns out the average is 159 cm(5'2.60).  The good news is I'm above average, bad news is I'm not that tall either. Heart > Height.#BadGuysDoingGood

Thank you for reading my story

TK-32294

Bas

Here's a bonus pict!

3b27c74b-1dcc-4270-bc81-4962bf7124c7.jpg

CCv5nkHUkAEcbQp.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Only one entry? Is this a bug in the forum? :) 

I'm not even a TK yet, I'm just an ID at the moment. I'm not sure if this qualifies for this contest.

Anyway, I haven't had many troops yet, but one of them was pretty awesome. 

It was during the "Fantasy Basel" Convention in May 2018 in Switzerland. 

Brian Muir (yeah, the guy that sculpted Stormtroopers :D ) had an interview panel on one of the stages. 

Together with the organizers of the convention, our Garrison planned a little surprise for him. 

After he finished the talk, the Star Wars theme began playing and the spotlights switched to the area in the back.  Everyone turned their head to the back and saw ~10-15 members of the Rebel Legion entering the room from behind. After that it switched to the Imperial March and ~25-30 members of the 501st entered the room and the stage. 

Our XO gave him some little presents ( I don't remember exactly what he got, but I believe it was a coin and and a patch from our garrison).

Brian was quite overwhelmed from our surprise. I've talked a bit with him after the show and he told me, that he really liked what we did. 

Group picture: http://www.fantasybasel.ch/en/cs_gallery/gallery-2018/#prettyPhoto[gallery1]/92/

Edited by carcharoth
  • Like 1

Hey Guys, I'm Dave C (TK-34288) from the Empire City Garrison. On of the most memorable troops for me was at a place called St Pat's Kid's Camp in NY. During this troop there were 5 of us White Armored troopers. This was great to see at one our local events on a warm Sunday night in July. During the troop we were not given a place to set anything up or have a banner to take pictures, they just asked us to walk around and mingled with all of the participants. This was the last day of their week long camp and we were the finally of there science day. There was about 200 kids, plus their families and staff at the camp. After we were out for about 1 1/2 hours we heading back to a cottage house that they had for us to change in. This is the time during the troop that it was made to be so memorable for me. While there, one of the staff came back to thank us and this is when I found out about the program which floored me. This program is a week long camp for children with cancer and other blood disorders which are terminal. Being told by the staff and what it meant to the kids, their families and to them to have us there, where we were the finally of their science section of the camp was so amazing. We were told that some of the kids will not make it through the year for the next camp. This in itself made me realize what kind of difference and joy we can bring to a group of people or just one individual by just donning our imperial trooper armor for them. It doesn't matter whatever the temperature, the day of the week or what we have going on, to be able to do this for them can change that one hour, minute or second of the day for someone and make that memory for those that may not be here tomorrow or the ones that are left behind. This is just one of my memories since joining this incredible organization. Thanks to all that want to put these costumes on and make a difference.

inG7JOfg_jpeg.jpg

• Like 4

I'm probably too late, but I'll still try since that book looks awesome! I'm Vicky (TK-50893) from Germany! I joined the German Garrison in October after a long time of going to conventions and events and always being fascinated by the people in the 501st. My boyfriend (also a Trooper) convinced me to ignore my doubts and fears (I have some years of experience as a cosplayer, but I never built armor like this before) and to start building a TK armor (well I helped him build it as good as I could, but still, that counts!).

And finally, at the end of May/ beginning of June, it was Legoland time again (it's our biggest event here in Germany with people from 13 different countries participating) and I could join my fellow Troopers for the first time at Legoland! And it was amazing, the kids and parents loved our costumes and everybody was so welcoming and friendly! It was not only a great opportunity to meet all my friends in and outside the Legion but also my first time on that huge stage in front of all these people. And I felt so proud, even more because I was allowed to stand in the first row that day. Nerdy little me standing there in that shiny (well not so shiny after the two days there but who cares ^^) armor and seeing the children staring at us with excitement. I could have been one of those kids a few years ago since Star Wars always was and will be a huge part of my life. When everybody started applauding, I felt so happy and when all the people on stage shouted the "who let the Troops out" I felt as a part of the huge family that is the 501st.  

On the picture, I'm the blonde Trooper girl far right in the first row of Stormtroopers, just behind the Officer lady with the glasses and all the little ones!1927691723_1D6A9780Kopie.jpg.85b1446ad862de4e72b45e12bb19e87b.jpg

Edited by Vicky_Velocipanda
  • Like 5

is tommorow the winner announcement? feeling excited because my garrison imperial attache it's a must-have book  and I'm building ANH TK Stunt  :)

My apologies for the delay, Troopers, and thanks to those who entered but the winner will be announced here on Monday!

• justjoseph63 changed the title to New Contest! (We have a winner)!!

The Staff has voted, and the winner of the STORMTROOPERS: Beyond the Armor book is Dave C. of the Empire Garrison!  Vicky was a close second, and will receive the official 501st car decal.  On behalf of Randy (magni) and myself, congrats to you both, and a big thank you to all who participated!  I will PM the winners to get your shipping info.

• Like 5