Has Doopydoos finally got the message?

justjoseph63

I just ordered my third DD E-11 resin kit a little over a week ago, and for the first time I actually received an email stating that it had been sent, along with a tracking number,  WOW!

I know in the past that DD has not had the best reputation for communications (to say the least), and shipping times to the U.S. could take up to 8 weeks or more, but it seems they have changed their tune for the better, happy to say.

On a side note, I also ordered another one of Tino's awesome E-11 finishing kits which (of course) arrived in less than a week!

• Like 6

I'm really amazed that others have had issues with them, I've ordered a few kits over the years and never had an issue, always turn up within a few weeks.

Great to hear their listening to buyers and now adding tracking info.

Same over here. Bought about 7 or 8 of their kits during the last years and never had any issues with missing parts or delayed shipping. Okay, it takes a few weeks to arrive, but once you know that...

The email to inform about shipping is not that new, but the tracking info is. Nice feature.

Now what do we have to do, to make them change the mold of that magazine??? :lol: And the counter? And the power cylinders? :laugh1:

• Like 2

4 hours ago, T-Jay said:

Now what do we have to do, to make them change the mold of that magazine??? :lol: And the counter? And the power cylinders? :laugh1:

I keep meaning to do something about this but I need to round up some funds for it.

FWIW I thought the counter was pretty good after some clean up, it locked to my genuine part at least.  And I already offer replacement cylinders (though I might re do them)

6 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

I keep meaning to do something about this but I need to round up some funds for it. 

Oh, that's very interesting Chris! Like many others here, I really like these resin kits and they are being offered at an absolutely reasonable price. The only weakness, from an accuracy point of view, are the 3 mentioned parts: power cylinders, counter and most obviously the magazine. Yes being nitpicky, the trigger guard is also wrong. But a real one from metal is so thin, you can't make this from resin without a very high risk to break it. So that part is okay and if somebody wants to do it accurate, an aluminum trigger guard is the best way to go.

6 hours ago, themaninthesuitcase said:

FWIW I thought the counter was pretty good after some clean up, it locked to my genuine part at least.  And I already offer replacement cylinders (though I might re do them)

Yes, your 3D power cylinders are faaar more accurate, than the ones in these kits and I am glad you still offer them. :duim: The counter from DoopyDoo's however was moulded, using a different type of the Hengstler 400 series. I guess it was a Hengstler CR0464165 or something similar. That newer version they used has the modern logo (not the eagle) and the window is wrong with only an outline where the reset button should be. Nitpicking, I know. :D But if you remember the resin counter from Derrek's (@Dday) Phoenix Props Blaster kit, THAT was a brilliant one!

I’ve order an hasbro kit at the end of september 2017, at the moment nothing arrive, that’s my second attempt, the first was refund by paypal after 4 months of wait time, what email did you use?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

13 hours ago, GodOfLibra said:

(...)   what email did you use?

No email address at all. Have never been in direct contact with DoopyDoo's. All my orders just went through their online shop.

14 hours ago, GodOfLibra said:

I’ve order an hasbro kit at the end of september 2017, at the moment nothing arrive, that’s my second attempt, the first was refund by paypal after 4 months of wait time, what email did you use?

The email I received was from Casey, and the address was sales@doopydoos.com    Hope this helps!

• Like 1

Lets hope DD keeps up on their ordering from now on.  If I had the real  parts, space and time to do it, I would start making resin kits minus the barrel. but gun laws in Japan are serious so I don't want to push my luck trying to import sterling parts plus they are hard to get now. 

I’ve write a mail, one week ago, no answer from doopy, nothing is change, the service from they, is the same shucks of one year ago.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I've only heard about the issues never had one. I ordered a counter and from order to delivery was under two weeks and I received response to my emails fairly quick, under two days.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, trixim said:

(...)   whats the recommended finishing kit you mentioned?   (...)

Here you go, Ethan ;)

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-resin-kits-with-worldwide-tracked-shipping-and-paypal/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, T-Jay said:

You beat me to it, Tino!  Honestly though, Ethan, his kits are awesome!

• Like 1