Original Stormtrooper Armour

Have a read through the Getting Started section, some great info there on quality 501st approvable armor.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually really interested in this post as well, as, through my own research I don't prefer (that's what I tell my kids to say in stead of the word "hate") Andrew Ainsworth. Of course, his armour has been the topic of many discussions, much about it's shortcomings etc. etc. etc. Given all of this, SDS armour has been a no brainer "no fly" zone for me.

All that said, I've seen 3 sets of SDS armour pop up in EIB submissions the last while, without even a nod to the elephant in the room. Not going to lie to you ... kind of head scratched a bit. Really curious what others thoughts are on this? 

I can tell you that RS props is beautiful armour. All the glorious imperfections of the original!  It comes build to EIB, and with a tiny bit of fitting and securing of the drop boxes, Centurion. My only advice is to make sure and get the leather Imperial Boots with the armour, and not the plastic ones. After a day of trooping you'll be thanking me for the advice!

14 minutes ago, menschie said:

All that said, I've seen 3 sets of SDS armour pop up in EIB submissions the last while, without even a nod to the elephant in the room. Not going to lie to you ... kind of head scratched a bit. Really curious what others thoughts are on this? 

I for one feel that would be disrespectful towards the applicant - we don’t judge people by the make of armor they have, the advanced tactics is about looking your best as a Stormtrooper. That’s why all should do like gmrhodes13 did, direct people to the getting started section so an educated yet personal choice can be made.

2 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

I for one feel that would be disrespectful towards the applicant - we don’t judge people by the make of armor they have, the advanced tactics is about looking your best as a Stormtrooper. That’s why all should do like gmrhodes13 did, direct people to the getting started section so an educated yet personal choice can be made.

Great response! I feel the same. Was just wondering if something had changed on that front, because it's been very silent, as I'd fully expect it to be, based exactly on the scenario that you gave. Also, there's not too too much in the "various types of armour" topic about SDS. Not enough to educate on it's background or to give a would-be buyer the backstory they may want. Anyway, that's all been hashed out in the past, and I don't really want to engage it. Thanks Daniel!

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 12:04 AM, Ghosty2121 said:

yea after reading the getting started thread im probably going to go with rs props

I have the Anovos suit (way back when it was on presale for $350), but it's hard to go wrong with RS Props from what I've seen and others have told me.

Thanks for the help guys. I'm probably going to get the tie pilot kit from Rs first as its much more affordable at the moment (as I'm currently working on a Mando kit as well) and iv been wanting to join up for 2 or so years now so wanting to speed up the process a bit. Then once I have the tie kit start saving for the storm trooper kit

• Like 1