Lorelei's 5'4" ATA ANH-S Centurion-Hopeful Build

TheLorelei

So sorry for your loss, real life can be a real blocker at times, looking forward to seeing you back on the build, when you are ready

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all. Your kind words are appreciated more than you know.

So yesterday I realized I was sick of being *almost* basic-approvable at the end of yet another month, and with a decent push I finished half a dozen strappings, put the mesh in the hovis (after a delightful "I LOST MY HOVIS WITH THE SPEAKERS INSTALLED" scare), mounted hovi mics and ears, did a handful of other nitty gritty things, and suited up for pictures. It was cloudy out so they're not as clear as they could be, but trust me it's better that way.

I do NOT consider this Centurion-grade for a variety of reasons - bear that in mind when browsing! I will be replacing and refinishing several parts. And I forgot the thin elastic ties on the shoulder straps. Sigh. But for now, I do look rather like a TK... :)

3Pl5a41.jpg

Ho2Zg0u.jpg

WRdYVuy.jpg

IA85Afu.jpg

Bh1S9AK.jpg

rHUn74l.jpg

7N0d9i5.jpg

...and then I *really* had some fun.

42W5pWC.jpg

So yeah, there's that. Plenty of work ahead, but if I can start trooping as is, I'd love to be able to.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Frank75139 said:

If we look past the fact that AJ was done first, it’s perfect! Great job on it. Armor is always a work in progress

Right? Why did I even bother. ;) And yeah, I'd heard it mentioned before that it's always a work in progress but I'm really understanding it now! Here's to approval by Brickfest. :peace:

31 minutes ago, shashachu said:

SITTING!!!! SHE'S A WITCH!!!!

You are looking great! Super proud of you. Also, you and I look freakishly similar when suited up...

I weigh the same as a duck, too, and even float. Case closed. :laugh1: and thank you! Hey, fire team Slanted Shoulders has to have some degree of uniformity. ;) that's funny though, I'll have to look back at your pictures.

59 minutes ago, phil said:

looking good

Thanks! :)

Thank you, @ukswrath ! Your threads continue to be invaluable.

@Frank75139 if I'm there, I'll be there in the afternoon but I'm sure we'll run into each other. :)

1 hour ago, FN-1313 said:

That's fantastic! excellent work!

Also, I wish I could sit down lol.

Thanks Kyle! I actually just showed my dentist a picture of me "in uniform" - this is getting out of hand haha. And the sitting is totally fab, if I do say so myself. I'll be reinforcing the butt plate with fiberglass tape to help any cracks from spreading as a result of the extra bending, but it honestly doesn't seem to be putting much strain on the armor... I think I'm so limb-y, there's just extra room at the joints or something. Who knows. Whatever it is, I'll take it!! Also your FOTK looks great. That much painting - and the maintaining thereof - is beyond me. Well done.

I'll just go ahead and say welcome to the ranks now, since Basic approval will be a slam-dunk.

And, yeah, the build never stops.  You only have pauses between troops.  I've done two Troops now (my second just this weekend), and I've gone right back into the shop with the armor after each of them.  Got another Troop this weekend with the Connecticut Garrison, and I'm sure I'll be right back to work on the armor as soon as I get home.

A.J.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

Right? Why did I even bother. ;) And yeah, I'd heard it mentioned before that it's always a work in progress but I'm really understanding it now! Here's to approval by Brickfest. :peace:

I weigh the same as a duck, too, and even float. Case closed. :laugh1: and thank you! Hey, fire team Slanted Shoulders has to have some degree of uniformity. ;) that's funny though, I'll have to look back at your pictures.

Thanks! :)

It's something about how slim you and I look in our armor because we both chose to size down our kits quite a bit. 

You:                                                                         Me:

Ho2Zg0u.jpg&key=fc6617e71522992d8635fb84   QCPER1J_TeDFdEDhcpyLj0nNf1V6EWgnqRf5l_V0

IA85Afu.jpg  RWmy9GLAO0aGTIjXqOB9uiB22RDPGTy1vckRq_bc

WRdYVuy.jpg   X9IVvwQGOdow_qNKAdV33nUDvIp-spyQVcMLbcx3

Bh1S9AK.jpg   q1VGFMMerMaEh5TqOiVV77KTXPvBFxPIfjCxuW-o

:)

Glad to see the armor completed. Almost. Nearly. Pretty much. 99% there to perfection. So close. :P

In all seriousness, congratulations on finishing the whole TK sorta thing, and all the work you put in really shows, because it looks great. :duim:

Amazing job! Now just wrap this up and get approved!

4 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

I do NOT consider this Centurion-grade for a variety of reasons

Then I´ll hold back on the "D.O comments" ^_^ and just say:

That looks FIERCE!!

rHUn74l.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, phil said:

hi, is that 2 inch black elastic on your shoulder bells? 

Hey Phil, I think "No, it's 1.5"" is the short answer, but here's the whole explanation...

I've got a variety of straps on my shoulder bells - the shoulder straps (chest to backplate) are 2" white nylon, with sew-in snaps connecting to 1.5" black soft waistband elastic that snaps into the tops of my shoulder bells. There's more of that 1.5" glued into the mid-top of the bell which snaps into the inner top of my bicep to keep the bicep from sliding down my stick figure arm, and further 1.5" wrapped around the outside of the bicep and snapped near the lower edges of the shoulder bell to keep the bell snugly against the bicep. That strap ended up being a lot more necessary than expected! The bells flap around without it.

Confusing enough? ;) I'll get a picture of my interior strapping on here soon.

• Like 1

Thanks, @A.J. Hamler ! I hope so! Did you get a confirmation of the receipt of your photos? Nobody replied to my email.

@shashachu Uhhm.... yeah, that's a little surreal. Hey, we could flank a short Vader and everything would look perfect :laugh1:

On 4/1/2019 at 5:48 PM, PhilBobTheFish said:

Amazing job! Now just wrap this up and get approved!

Haha, thank you! I'm trying!

On 4/1/2019 at 6:02 PM, TheSwede said:

Then I´ll hold back on the "D.O comments" ^_^ and just say:

That looks FIERCE!!

*phew* You'll have your chance soon, I promise. And thanks!! I'm SO pleased with Smudge's brow line in particular. I initially wanted it much lower but I consider that a distinct Stunt-Hero difference so raised it against my wishes and whaddya know, now I love it that way.

Thanks, @gmrhodes13 ! My garrison has notoriously long approval times but I'm hoping you're right.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:16 PM, Bazz said:

Sorry for your loss Lorelei, my deepest condolences

And great build :)I think it will be an easy pass

Thank you, Adi. Well done on your build, too! I go away for a bit and come back and here you are submitting for EIB!

• Like 1