Clarification on 501 entry as TD...

I have searched quite a bit, but am still somewhat confused regarding new membership to the 501st with a Sandtrooper.

So, am I correct that regardless of Stormtrooper type, this is the process?

- Submission starts with my local GML to gain approval into the 501st 

- If approved, I get assigned a TK # (or is it different with a TD?)

- Then I can apply here, then to MEPD...or directly to MEPD?

I already have a build thread going at MEPD and my local Garrison forums in the public areas.

Sorry, I'm sure this is a silly question. I've spent so much time between the 3 forums, things start to get blurry...

Thanks,

Brad

First steps are correct you submit through your local GML once your costume is complete, you also have to fill out a 501st member application form and select 5 groups of numbers from the remaining numbers list, info here

Then which ever costume you are approved with will have it's own TKID (identification letters) ie TK = Stormtrooper, TD = Sandtrooper.

If you become approved in another version of Stormtrooper you still only have TK in front of your numbers.

You can find a list of 501st costumes and their prefixes here

You keep your ID numbers ie: mine are 85421 and the same which ever costume I have been approved with, it's only the letters that change.

When you want to be approved in another costume you still go through your GML and you don't have to fill out the 501st application form again.

MEPD is the place you want to be to Sandtroopers, some great info there.

Good luck and hope to see you in the legion soon.

• Like 1

OK, that certainly helps regarding the ID number. Makes way more sense than my thinking each costume got it's own number.

I didnt realize I applied to 501st directly to get my number. I thought I had to go through FISD and or MEPD to do that, and those ask for your ID hence my confusion. I see now that those application areas are for expanded access into the forums for trooping, and attaining higher levels of approval.

The amount of info and resource here is pretty overwhelming sometimes. Especially when you have that pesky Star Wars distraction thing going. I log in to find a reference, then an hour later I've got 3 tutorial windows open, another few build threads, some vendor sites, and recent SWAT applications...and I've totally forgotten why I logged in to begin with.

Certainly a lot to read and take in but there is always someone ready to lend a hand. Good luck on this journey 

• 2 weeks later...

Alright Brad.

As my clean, shiny brothers have already stated, your ID will stat the same irrespective of what costume you have. So.if you're TD 12345, and you decided to become Vader, then you'll also be SL 12345.

Good choice on becoming a Sandie though. A d yes, speak to your local Garrison and they'll help you with what you need to do. Some Garrisons allow Sandies without a pack, whereas we in the UKG require a pack for clearance. The guys at your local Garrsiom will give you the info pertinent to you.

And as has also been mentioned, the guys at the MEPD really kmow their droids from their Jawas.

Enjoy the journey and see you in the sand pit, brother.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk