Bazz's ANH TK Stunt Build [ATA]

Bazz

8 hours ago, Bazz said:

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e3ec46623a5bc149https://imgur.com/a/RLJeV1h[\img]

imageproxy.php?img=&key=e3ec46623a5bc149https://imgur.com/a/RLJeV1h[/img]

I pretty confused with the shoulder strap

I just read @ukswrath build on section Shoulder Cover

"A good question that is always asked is how many cover strip ribs are to be on the chest plate? Looking at the pics above 4-6 in addition to the largest rib that faces forward is the average. If you have large shoulders you may have to go down to 3.

Assembly. Add glue to cover strips and clamp.

Note: Some peeps add strips of plastic in the valleys (in between the ribs) however, in my opinion the chest section is flat enough that doesn't need to be done."

But ATA and Anovos shoulder strip have a different size at the front and the back cover strip ribs

Any idea how many cover strip ribs should be on ATA kit

Thank you

TK-32294

I have both ATA and Anovos kits, 3,4,5 ribs are all possible regardless of chest surface space. The important factor is to determine what you need. If you have minimal gap between the chest and back plates the go with 4 or 5 ribs as seen with screen used suits. Less space between plates use 3, though I wouldnt recommend any lower than 3. :duim:

1 hour ago, swibowoj said:

right click on your imgur image. copy image address, then insert other media button, insert image from URL.

paste URL, insert into post.

voila.

kqXAmGE.jpg

IT WORKS ! thank you very much @swibowoj

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

I have both ATA and Anovos kits, 3,4,5 ribs are all possible regardless of chest surface space. The important factor is to determine what you need. If you have minimal gap between the chest and back plates the go with 4 or 5 ribs as seen with screen used suits. Less space between plates use 3, though I wouldnt recommend any lower than 3. :duim:

Thank you ! I'll try this first thing in the morning :)

• 2 months later...

Hello again everyone, I paused my build like 3 weeks because I lost my mood ( I broke up with my GF )

Now that I'm already have my soul back, I resume my build !

I attached back-kidney-bottom part and pretty satisfied with it

jbc2vE7.jpg

And of course I attached the chest and abdoment part

8ZHzsT0.jpg

And the stressful one , the kidney-abdomen strap

Z7gB6Lf.jpg

I'm planning on reach the centurion level, Do I need to make the gap more closer ? @ukswrath

Thank you ! I'm planning to complete in the end of January/February :)

Hi Adi, yes, you'll need to close up that ab/kidney gap for Centurion. Also, check the control for the placement of the belt; yours might be a little low as it's supposed to meet/overlap the button plate, but only just. 

Nice progress!

20 hours ago, 68Brick said:

Hi Adi, yes, you'll need to close up that ab/kidney gap for Centurion. Also, check the control for the placement of the belt; yours might be a little low as it's supposed to meet/overlap the button plate, but only just. 

Nice progress!

Thanks ! I'll adjust it later

19 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

Glad you're back at it - nothing like some white armor to cheer a spirit ;) Looks to me like if you took some of the return edge from the top of the ab you could gain some space to help close the gap. :)

noted ! Yea I'm finally back in the game

8 hours ago, TheLorelei said:

Folks tend to recommend Darman:

And there are others in the sales section, too. Or you could make your own!

Lorelei nailed it. You can also pick one up at Trooperbay.com. Oh and btw good to see you back at it. Keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

On 1/18/2019 at 12:42 AM, TheLorelei said:

Folks tend to recommend Darman:

And there are others in the sales section, too. Or you could make your own!

Thank you Lorelei , I'm not much a handcrafter LOL

On 1/18/2019 at 8:53 AM, ukswrath said:

Lorelei nailed it. You can also pick one up at Trooperbay.com. Oh and btw good to see you back at it. Keep up the good work :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks Tony, I think I'm going to buy from Darman hehe

oOQfNQ3.jpg

VmFMkry.jpg

Guess I screw trimming the teeth, its very messy....

I plan to reach centurion with this build, is this still approvable as centurion later? if not I'm getting a new helmet

11 minutes ago, Bazz said:

hGuess I screw trimming the teeth, its very messy....

I plan to reach centurion with this build, is this still approvable as centurion later? if not I'm getting a new helmet

You're doing good Adi. Just make sure the teeth are proportioned to each side. They don't have to be perfect and once you add some mesh and paint areas your feel are inadequate should look just fine. 

7 hours ago, Bazz said:

Guess I screw trimming the teeth, its very messy....

Like Tony said, your teeth look fine and in fact, the more roughed they are the better for that gnarly ANH look - close up of the teeth of the RS helmet (screen used, striped of paint) Keep upp the good work:duim:

tCEf48f.jpg

• Like 1

Paint will make a difference as others have said, but if you still aren't happy with some of the teeth openings you could always tape them from behind and then lay on it's back, add some ABS paste on the openings you aren't happy with, once dry (at least 24hrs) sand on the front, using different grades of wet and dry sandpaper up to a 1200 or ultrafine, once you have the front sanded you can then go back and file out the centres. A great thread on making ABS paste here

• 1 month later...
On 3/17/2019 at 3:04 PM, swibowoj said:

Congratulations on your new TK ANH approval.

Well done, next is EIB and Centurion

Thank you Sir !! 

Finally I got my second costume approved on 17th March 

Special thanks to @ukswrath , @Alay, @justjoseph63 @swibowojfor all the advices and guides 

I still aim to EIB and Centurion 

dPrbgGB.jpg

mpt1mje.jpg

4CuB5LH.jpg

2ls0gKJ.jpg

I do have "S' rubber for the helmet , and elastic handguard but havent installed yet 

I need advice and suggestion for make my armors reach EIB and Centurion

Thank you :)

#TroopersHelpingTroopers

Regards

Bas

TK-32294

• Like 1