Bazz's ANH TK Stunt Build [ATA]

Bazz

Some armorers (like Anovos) send them in pre-cut widths.  Most makers just send you a sheet of ABS and you cut them to the required widths.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

The "standard" for cover strips is 15mm wide for the biceps and forearms, 20 mm for the thighs (front and back) and the front of the calves.  The rear calf closure is 25 m.

should the cover strips covering all the return edge area?

45 minutes ago, Bazz said:

imageproxy.jpg.1e841b07f264a298367cdaf4e3aeaa1f.jpg

Found it, is this for universal kit or just anovos?

Cover strip length is unique to your armor. 

Clarification: Armor sections may differ between builders because of limb length or other. This also applies to every other armor type out there.

11 hours ago, Bazz said:

should the cover strips covering all the return edge area?

The return edges are the ridges that are bent in (photo 1) at the tops and bottoms of the forearms, biceps, calves and thighs,and other areas.  The cover strips are for the sides (seams).  Note that the return edges can be removed (before fitting/gluing) in the following areas:  Tops of the biceps, completely at the bottom of the forearm opening and "scoop" at the top (photo 2) and the tops of the thighs.  Also note that the cover strips in the thighs do not extend past the ridge at the bottoms (photos 3 and 4).  Same with the ridges on the back of the calf tops (4th photo).

ptdMfdE.jpg?1  PoiWLqp.jpg?1  osuUXR4.jpg?1    yJCVGrQ.jpg?1

P4aR93V.jpg?1

3 minutes ago, Bazz said:

How do you cut the plastic strips from ATA, I tried score and snap but failed , it's soooooo thick......

Run the knife along a few times, it will snap ;) 

I can't snap it at all without a pair of pliers.  That's fine for the scrap edges of the armor that you won't need to keep nice, but of course presents a problem for the outer cover strips. I think I will end up just scoring more heavily on those, then using the edge of a table as recommended. 

• Like 1

I can't snap it at all without a pair of pliers.  That's fine for the scrap edges of the armor that you won't need to keep nice, but of course presents a problem for the outer cover strips. I think I will end up just scoring more heavily on those, then using the edge of a table as recommended. 
You got 4 full ABS plates with your kit, yes? I did mine.

Sent from my MSE-6 droid using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, TheLorelei said:

Yes just needs a bit more scoring and some pressure then it will snap. You can also use pliers but I tape a couple of pieces of scrap abs to the teeth so the don’t leave marks ;) 

That gap in your forearm won't be noticed unless your cover strip is too short. Be sure to remove all the return edge from the wrist end for a little extra accuracy :)

You can remove all return edge from the biceps if you wish! Many do it to make them more comfortable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/27/2018 at 12:27 AM, lucnak said:

That gap in your forearm won't be noticed unless your cover strip is too short. Be sure to remove all the return edge from the wrist end for a little extra accuracy :)

You can remove all return edge from the biceps if you wish! Many do it to make them more comfortable.

Thank you , I've been away from the forum like 1 week, I just done glue my forearm, biceps, thighs, and shins :D

kqXAmGE.jpg

I pretty confused with the shoulder strap

I just read @ukswrath build on section Shoulder Cover

"A good question that is always asked is how many cover strip ribs are to be on the chest plate? Looking at the pics above 4-6 in addition to the largest rib that faces forward is the average. If you have large shoulders you may have to go down to 3.

Assembly. Add glue to cover strips and clamp.

Note: Some peeps add strips of plastic in the valleys (in between the ribs) however, in my opinion the chest section is flat enough that doesn't need to be done."

But ATA and Anovos shoulder strip have a different size at the front and the back cover strip ribs

Any idea how many cover strip ribs should be on ATA kit

Thank you

TK-32294

Edited by Bazz

Normally there is an option in imgur to use other links, direct link works the best.

With ATA I find the ridge on the chest stops the shoulder strap from coming very far down the chest, normally I position with the large tab and 2 1/2 to 3 of the smaller tabs.

You can also take a little more of the sides of the straps, only need a couple of mm.