Neckseal question

You definitely don't want it too loose, but leave a little room so that you don't feel like you're getting choked! Better a little loose than a little tight. I run wires that go under the neckseal and so I wish my neckseal was a little looser.

If you are talking about this one - https://trooperbay.com/stormtrooper-neck-seal - they sell them in various sizes (in inches) and have a measurement/fitment guide in the description. I don't see a S/M/L/XL/etc. option.

You may want to email them and ask if they add any wiggle room though. It doesn't say.

Your neck should feel a little "stiff," but you shouldn't feel like you're suffocating. You should feel fairly comfortable after a three hour troop.

Long story short, if you feel like exchanging, it means it is probably a tad too tight. Trying to exchange might be a good idea. :) 

15 hours ago, Neb Sgird said:

Your neck should feel a little "stiff," but you shouldn't feel like you're suffocating. You should feel fairly comfortable after a three hour troop.

Long story short, if you feel like exchanging, it means it is probably a tad too tight. Trying to exchange might be a good idea. :) 

I just sent them an email with the order number asking if I can exchange for the next size up.  Fingers crossed.

• 4 weeks later...

I would measure, exhale and measure again, and then if between sizes, go up one.  I forgot I planned to put my hair under mine (I have just past shoulder length hair), and didn't measure with my hair.  So, don't do that.  Luckily, it just made it a tiny bit snugger than I'd generally prefer, but I can totally wear it.  It should be fitted, but like everyone else has said, don't feel like you're choking or getting totally claustrophobic.  (I don't like things tight around my neck so I cheated a little on my TIE flghtsuit and added some to the measurements.  You can't tell when I'm wearing it anyway).