Need help finding Version B kit.

Hello all,

I'm looking for a Legacy Fem version B kit for my wife. My wife's biggest complaint with the A version is the boots. She doesn't like the heals.

I have been looking through these forums and only finding references to the A version.

Does anyone know if any of the kit makers have a version B kit?

Hi! Regarding the armor. When we purchased the kit from Kevin Weir, version B features a different back plate, our kit actually came packed with both options. The version A back plate is the way it comes molded. Version B is an abs rectangle that you mount onto the armor. In addition the thermal detonator is built differently, the pipe remains unpainted, and the trim is different. So, basically, regardless of which version you decide to go with, Kevin has you covered.

Currently the flat boots are the most difficult to source, which is probably the reason why more folks are making version A rather than B. The ones featured in the CRL are by Gio, he made the heeled version in the CRL as well.

Thank you for your reply.

This is the first I have heard anything about the fact that both options are included in the kit. My Wife and I will be making arrangements with Kevin to acquire his kit.

Now to start getting all the various bits and pieces for the costume.

Thanks again, you have been very helpful.

It's my pleasure! :D

Truthfully, I had no idea until I got the kit in hand. When you order it's still a good idea to make him aware that you'll be building version B rather than version A. Also, if he does forget any of the pieces that you'll require, just let him know, and he will make sure that you receive them. He's really easy to work with.

Edited by OrangeBird

On 6/2/2018 at 4:15 AM, DRG8468 said:

Thank you for your reply.

This is the first I have heard anything about the fact that both options are included in the kit. My Wife and I will be making arrangements with Kevin to acquire his kit.

Now to start getting all the various bits and pieces for the costume.

Thanks again, you have been very helpful.

Like orangebird said it should all be in the kit provided by Kev for both versions, like you already probably seen the only real difference's between A and B are the back plate, you dont have to paint the TD on version B and the boots. At this time i also only know of Gio doing the version

B boots, imperial boots have started doing version  A (which wife my got last week , very happy with ) not sure if they will do version B also yet. so the boots might be your biggest sourcing issue. my wip for her build  is moving along, ton of catch up to do but any questions just let me know 

On 5/29/2018 at 9:24 PM, OrangeBird said:

Hi! Regarding the armor. When we purchased the kit from Kevin Weir, version B features a different back plate, our kit actually came packed with both options. The version A back plate is the way it comes molded. Version B is an abs rectangle that you mount onto the armor. In addition the thermal detonator is built differently, the pipe remains unpainted, and the trim is different. So, basically, regardless of which version you decide to go with, Kevin has you covered.

Currently the flat boots are the most difficult to source, which is probably the reason why more folks are making version A rather than B. The ones featured in the CRL are by Gio, he made the heeled version in the CRL as well.

On 6/4/2018 at 4:35 AM, Chopper857 said:

Like orangebird said it should all be in the kit provided by Kev for both versions, like you already probably seen the only real difference's between A and B are the back plate, you dont have to paint the TD on version B and the boots. At this time i also only know of Gio doing the version

B boots, imperial boots have started doing version  A (which wife my got last week , very happy with ) not sure if they will do version B also yet. so the boots might be your biggest sourcing issue. my wip for her build  is moving along, ton of catch up to do but any questions just let me know 

Does anyone know the best way to get in touch with Kevin Weir? I have tried through Facebook and e-mail and have gotten no replies.

Does anyone know the best way to get in touch with Kevin Weir? I have tried through Facebook and e-mail and have gotten no replies.

I’ve always emailed directly normally had a response back in a few days, I think he’s more active on insta than Facebook just another option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk