Boots brainstorming

Hi there everyone

I’ve been looking around several possible boot makers as well as belts. I think I’ve got my belt source settled - all I need is the money. I also think I got my boot source settled - all I need is the money. I’m stuck in my build because I need three key items that will help in test fitting and actual fitting: undersuit for proper piece placement and no baggy shirt or pants in the way, belt for obvious reasons and boots for proper calves assembly.

Situation here is that I’m financially stuck so I have to take things one step at a time.. and a time goes by i came up with this possible idea

Buying black Chelsea boots at the fraction of a cost of white ones, but white leather dye and actually do it “authentically” by dyeing the black boots in white with several coats. Same goes for the U shaped elastic although it’s covered by the armor piece.

Is this something that has been done? I’m certainly up for the challenge of getting it done because I’m stuck in a loop where I’ve got no job but I’m willing to sell a few items so I can get some others r else I have no progress in my armor because everything is trimmed down, waiting for fitting and strapping and get my first troop done before 2018 ends.

Let me know your thoughts. The two sources I’ve seen are imperial boots which unfortunately are made in Hong Kong and the shipping is too much, TKBoots’ cost is almost the same so getting a pair of black boots with free shipping and the dye will save money and every perhaps leave some extra so I can get that belt and undersuit as well.

Thanks for reading!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can find the boots and dye and are willing to put in the work, thats how the films did it so you can’t get much more accurate than that.

• 1 month later...

Here's a link of one place to find the leather dye: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HQ53QA8/

Boots are a little harder, I find they come in waves.  Searching for "Jodpur Boots" should get you in the vicinity, though.  Just keep an eye on the quality and where the seams are- there's a lot of subtle differences that may or may not work for our purposes.  I have a spare set of black ones in case I can't secure a new set of white ones when my current (original) ones bite the dust, now that TK Boots is out :(.  

• 1 month later...

Planning on doing the same. Please post if you find a place for boots. I do have a shoe maker near me who said if he had the longer molds, he would produce them. His shoes fit every need except that they are to short at the ankle.