Belt Replacement Question (Replacing Anovos Belt)

Hi everyone!  I sold my TFA Kylo, and I bought an Anovos OT TK from a local member. I'm approved, and have been trooping in it for a while now. 

I've noticed a few things i'd like to upgrade. The main one, is the belt. The anovos belt is VERY flimsy, and it bunches up in certain spots. I've been reading about "reinforced" belts. I've found two options here on the forums, and wanted some input from you guys! 

First, I found the trooper bay one while trying to find a pauldron. I also found this one: http://imperialissue.com/product/canvas-belt

Anyone have some insight as to which one I should go with?

Side note, I'd also like to EVENTUALLY go for centurion. I know the Anovos needs a bit of work to get there, but it's a goal of mine. :)

Thanks in advance! 

ImperialIssue belts can be ordered to size, with Troopebay you are stuck with 52”.

I have one of Rob’s (ImperialIssue) belts, and a second on the way, and they are very well made.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am also replacing the Anovos belt with a Kittle belt from Imperial Issue.    Any recommendations as to which color to choose of  white vs off-white?

I see both are authorized under the CRL.  The Original Anovos belt is off white.  I am thinking the white may look better against the armor, but may get dirtier faster especially after a few troops, and the off white may be a bit more forgiving in that department.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

• 2 months later...

I would go with "white", Dave.  The off white can be way too beige-ish depending on the maker and not blend in with the armor well.

"Off white" canvas belts                                                         Reference image

dAZEXmC.jpg?1     26QP5FF.jpg?2       fq3SdhF.jpg?1

• Like 1

On 8/20/2018 at 6:53 AM, GunSlinger said:

I am also replacing the Anovos belt with a Kittle belt from Imperial Issue.    Any recommendations as to which color to choose of  white vs off-white?

I see both are authorized under the CRL.  The Original Anovos belt is off white.  I am thinking the white may look better against the armor, but may get dirtier faster especially after a few troops, and the off white may be a bit more forgiving in that department.

Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

You can always give it a tea/coffee bath as well.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, TK-42134 said:

I ordered a White Imperial Issue last night. What will it take to upgrade the belts once we get them?

A really great go to thread for information and assembly is Tony's (ukswrath) Anovos build which you can find here. He has step by step guides which you will find of help.

As much as I read Tony’s Build thread, I always overlooked the belt since mine was already complete. Now that I’m trying to go EIB, I get to revisit his build thread for the belt. :)

• Like 1

Am I correct in reading that the line 24 Snaps will have to be removed from the Ab to belt connection and are to be replaced by S snaps? Are the holes the same size for both those snaps?

If you are referring to the belt-to-ab snaps, you can use Line 24 snaps. Tony used popper snaps for accuracy - as the snaps are covered by the belt we don't care which type you use.

1 hour ago, TK-42134 said:

Am I correct in reading that the line 24 Snaps will have to be removed from the Ab to belt connection and are to be replaced by S snaps? Are the holes the same size for both those snaps?

no need.  if it cannot be seen, typically, it cannot be judged.  if you want more accuracy, sure, replace them.  i kept the line 24 snaps, i dislike my hard belt falling off.

15 minutes ago, sylverbard said:

no need.  if it cannot be seen, typically, it cannot be judged.  if you want more accuracy, sure, replace them.  i kept the line 24 snaps, i dislike my hard belt falling off.

I was trying to go EIB with my TK.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TK-42134 said:

Even at Centurion, internal strapping, unseen snaps/velcro/etc. - do not affect approval. Use whichever snaps you prefer.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2019 at 5:33 PM, TK-42134 said:

Awesome!  And, even then, the inner nitty gritty isn't assessed.  just the outward appearance of baddassery doing good. ;-)