FaceB17 Requesting Pre Approval Review (RS Propmasters)

First/last name - Jeff Canter

Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area - Ohio Garrison

Armor maker - RS Propmasters

Helmet maker - RS Propmasters

Cloth belt maker - RS Propmasters

Neck seal maker - RS Propmasters

Boot maker - Imperial Boots

Blaster maker - RS Propmasters

Gasket maker - RS Propmasters

Height - 5’7”

Weight 160

TK type (ANH Stunt)

First time posting a message.  I've been unable to upload any high resolution images due to size restrictions so I'm posting a link to imgrur below.  Any advice would be appreciated.  

https://imgur.com/a/9JfYsZ8

Looks good for a start.

A few things I noticed,

Your drop boxes slid in a little. They should line up with outer edge of plastic belt. Move over and add drop of e6000 to elastic in back to hold in place.

Your ab looks like its drooping down. Lifting up an inch or so will put it where it belongs.

Shoulder bells could come in closer. They should be tight against shoulder strap. While we talk about straps. You need 1/4" elastic around them holding them down to back plate. They are floating a bit.

A few tweeks and you'll be top notch.

You should have basic approval no problem!

Good Luck Jeff!:duim:

You're almost there!

Magni,

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll address everything you pointed out.  I wasn't sure if the drop boxes should be movable or fixed. I did have the straps on the inside of the snaps though.  Regarding the ab piece it may look low because the thigh pieces are pulled up as high as they can go.  They may be a little too long.  I'm uncertain how much leg movement I should have but I may need to shorten them a little.  I may also need to shorten the shoulder bell straps a little.  I do have some elastic on the should straps, I just forgot to use them.  D'oh.  This was my second time trying everything on.  

Thanks again for the advice.  Looking forward to getting basic approval.  

Jeff 

I say ab looks low because from side shots the top should line up and ab is down on both sides. Plus one picture the chest looks barely over it. Your thighs do look a little long. We dont have the greatest movement but you should be able to walk up and down a set of stairs safely.

I would have to agree with Randy on his suggestions on your armor. It looks like a lot of time and effort was put into it. Great work! You will be a trooper real soon. :duim:

Yeah Jeff you are looking pretty good.  The fixes that Randy mentioned are pretty minor and more or less fitment issues.  So once you get those straightened out, you will be good to go.  Nice job!

• 3 weeks later...

Preston / Steve,   

Thanks for the additional feedback and again to Randy for his initial and follow up feedback.   I've addressed most of the issues but I'm still working on fine tuning the ab and the shoulder bells.  Almost there.  Question about submitting my app for approval.  Is it basically the same set of pictures that we submit here?   I did some searching but I wasn't able to find anything definitive.  

Hi Jeff! For basic approval, my GML asked for:

• Body: front, back, left and right
  • Helmet: front, back, left and right
  • Boots
  • Shot with no helmet (to show that it's you)
  • Action shot
  • "Other detail photos"

Hope that helps a bit.

These are the pics the 501st requires:salute:

We will need five pictures of you, ALONE, with a PLAIN BACKGROUND 

• one with your helmet on, taken from the front
  • one with your helmet on, taken from the right
  • one with your helmet on, taken from the left
  • one with your helmet on, taken from the back
  • one with your helmet off, taken from the front

Looking good!  The only thing I could suggest with the drop boxes is that they don't need to be moveable. I secured mine via snaps to keep them aligned with the ends. 

As for the application photos, your GML should contact you with the list of shots they want. You already have the basic idea taking the photos for this post. Just will need to include one of you with the helmet off.  Good luck!

• Like 1

Looks good,  suggested changes mentioned will help, but if you can get someone from the garrison to help with your photos it will help I.e. help line your kidney piece up to the ab.

• 4 weeks later...