Lumpy's - DoopyDoo Resin Kit Build w/T-Jay's Completion Kit

Lumpy

Hey All!

I was encouraged to start a build thread so I would have as much help available to me as possible. ;-)

I have purchased and received a DoopyDoo resin kit and also just received my T-Jay Completion kit.

My plans are to build this blaster while I gather funds to order my armor (ANH TK). It won't be a fast build

as I know all too well life tends to get in the way. lol

I'm also a R2, Gonk, and Mouse Droid builder so hopefully that will help me along the way with building skilz.

My daytime job is stay-at-home Dad and I work part time as a Makerspace Technician at our local college teaching

students, staff and community members how to use 3D printers and laser cutter/engraver. 

So here goes... Wish me luck!

Kris aka Lumpy

DoopDoo Kit -

aITAqMa.jpg?1

Tino's Completion Kit - 

Hk4Nl6d.jpg?1

All of the "little bits" from Tino's kit sorted -

HcSFm12.jpg?1

I was bored at work so I started on a prototype stand. I know a little ahead of myself. lol - 

4rIm0Ta.jpg

2cboeOB.jpg

XQ4uurn.jpg

Now where to start first? Hmmmph?!?

Edited by Lumpy
  • Like 3

Whoo hoo! The blaster builds seem to have gone a little quiet at the moment so it’s good to see a new Doopydoos/T-Jay build. 

Have you you already seen the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference PDF? I found that a good starting point for my build. 

Best wishes,

Dan 

1 minute ago, CableGuy said:

Whoo hoo! The blaster builds seem to have gone a little quiet at the moment so it’s good to see a new Doopydoos/T-Jay build. 

Have you you already seen the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference PDF? I found that a good starting point for my build. 

Best wishes,

Dan 

Hi Dan,

I have been reading and researching/bookmarking DoopyDoo builds for the last little while, and yes I have a copy of the awesome reference guide too!

I'm hoping with all the past build knowledge/tricks/tips to hopefully come out of this with a half decent E-11 build.

Kris

1 minute ago, Lumpy said:

Hi Dan,

I have been reading and researching/bookmarking DoopyDoo builds for the last little while, and yes I have a copy of the awesome reference guide too!

I'm hoping with all the past build knowledge/tricks/tips to hopefully come out of this with a half decent E-11 build.

Kris

Excellent. Sounds like you’re on the right tracks. 

Any questions, just shout and I’m sure someone will have more tips and tricks. :jc_doublethumbup:

Still prepping to get ready for the build. I made these cradle/mount/jigs tonight to help

with when working on the main body. These will come in handy for when I'm drilling and

filing away.

KUvZ6AN.jpg?1

mhyWUNe.jpg?1

Hoping to start on this early next week.

• Like 1

Hi Kris, seems like the laser cutter/engraver from your local college came in handy for building this beautyful blaster stand. :D Very nice work.

And those four pieces to rest your blaster on while building, really look awesome! Instead of throwing them away when your build is done, you should consider using them for another two blaster stands. ;)

What about the inaccurate magazine from the DoopyDoo's kit? Any plans to replace that? Or maybe scratch-build something with that freaky laser cutter? :0Lighten:

Following... :popcorn:

• Like 1

With the renowned Gazmosis mag no longer available, I got a nice result from my Imperial Warfighters one (if you upgrade).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the stand, would love access to a cutter like that.

The DD mag is about the only part that's complete junk IMO.  Shame the gazmosis is NLA, but with a cutter and the plans you should be able to come up with something!

Ducati here on FISD (pinned in ANH blaster section) and a post entitled 'best e11 template ever' we're my go-to resources for getting at the dimensions for my scratch build magazine. With your build background and recent accomplishments, I'm sure you'll hit the ground running once you get started; I'm eager to see some progress; wish you all the best!!

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

Feeling pushed, Kris? Do you regret starting this build thread? :lol: Just kidding.

We are all here to help and to show the options you have, as sometimes there are so many, it becomes hard to keep an overview.

You made a good start already. Looking forward to your next update... :)

Thanks everyone for the comments. I will looking into upgrading the mag. Either scratch built or 3D printed.

Just a few more events to do with R2 before I can jump into and dedicate more time to this.

Cheers!

• Like 1